Author Topic: Can Sarah Win?  (Read 6337 times)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Can Sarah Win?
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 04:55:30 PM »
I also saw today that DeMint is mulling it over.
He doesn't want it and that's a good thing (in a way)

Also, Palin would never be #2 on a ticket again

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »
Speculation I heard:  one of AZ's senators is vacating; Sarah may be making moves to run for his seat.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 05:26:44 PM »
I think that Cain has a better chance at the bottom of the ticket. We get the racist insurance that way and he gets OTJT for the big show. If I could pick the ticket today it would be Perry/Cain.

The office of the President NEEDS an executive. Perry is a sitting governor of a successful state. He is everything that O'Bama isn't. Cain would (again barring something bad coming out about him) be a near perfect veep candidate. I would pay good money to be at the veep debate with Cain squaring off against sheriff Joe.
  APerry run would tickle my fancy and put Cain behind him. Sarah isn't going to run but she sure as hell can hel a hell of a lot. Put her in a post where she can get what she needs to win later.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »

What do we lose if we elect a RINO?

We lose 32 czars, over arching authority of the EPA and Dept of Ed,  not certain but I'm sure there are more Obamaisms we'll lose.

Go Sarah!
Go Herman!

Push 'em back, Push 'em back, Push 'em way back.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »
Possibly the worst President in history and Palin can't win????? What does that say about our country.

If she can't win, we are screwed. We will allow the media, again, to choose our candidate, end up with another rino, push the ball down the road a few more years then bitch and complain over the rinos actions.

If she can't win, then we might as well flush conservatism......we will never fix this country. We will allow media types to choose for us forever because, there is always an excuse as to why the most feared conservative "isn't ready"..... I guess i'll grow accustomed to the euro trash lifesytle.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 07:11:53 PM »
Speculation I heard:  one of AZ's senators is vacating; Sarah may be making moves to run for his seat.

God, I hope not.  The Senate is like the Borg.  She will be assimilated.  I hope that her purchase of the house in Arizona is for logistical reasons--that it is easier to run a Presidential campaign if she lives in the lower 48 rather than way the hell out there in Alaska, which may as well be a foreign country.  (Canada and Mexico really are foreign countries, and it is much easier to travel between them and the lower 48 than from Alaska.)

I'm late to this thread, so there are plenty of points to address.  Historically, the Senate has never been regarded as a steppingstone to the Presidency.  I found this site, which lists 16 former Senators who eventually became President.  I was surprised that the number was so high, but look at the dates.  Most of them were Senators long before they became President.  They served in other offices in between, such as Governor or Vice President.  Only three have gone directly from the Senate to the Presidency:  Harding, Kennedy, and Obama.

In 2008, three out of the four Presidential/Vice Presidential candidates were sitting Senators.  That was unprecedented as far as I know.  Palin, as a Governor, was more qualified than all the rest of them.  Even at the time, I wished that she was at the top of the ticket.  I happily cast my vote for her, not McCain.

So bottom line, the notion that she should become a Senator before trying for President is wrongheaded and ahistorical.  She's already been a Governor, which is a more pertinent qualification.

With her optimism, her clear love of America, and her solid moral grounding, she is far and away the best potential Presidential candidate for 2012.  As I've said before, she's the best we've got, and the future of America is on the line.  It's time for a Hail Mary pass.  If she can't win, then it may be time to move beyond the ballot box to the next box.  It would be useful to clarify that.

And as I've also said before, my dream ticket is Palin/West.  Allen West would give the ticket balance since he has some understanding of foreign policy and history, unlike Herman Cain.  He is also under no illusions about the nature of Islam.  Serving as Vice President for a term or two would of course prepare him for a future Presidential run.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 08:15:36 PM »
"The Senate is like the Borg.  She will be assimilated."

::hysterical::

Funny but true, maybe not in Sarah's case, she'd probably be one of the few who could keep the Borg at bay, but as a general rule I think you may be right.

"If she can't win, then we might as well flush conservatism......we will never fix this country. We will allow media types to choose for us forever because, there is always an excuse as to why the most feared conservative "isn't ready"..... I guess i'll grow accustomed to the euro trash lifesytle."

I agree on the former, and it is why I discount such talk in our ranks as folly, it reeks of Rovian manipulation.  You'll never know unless you try, right?  Ronald Reagan was looked at by his peers in the GOP as an outsider, a maverick, an anomaly...who is to say Sarah is not of that mold?  For the latter, I'll never get accustomed to the eurotrash lifestyle, so I'd go Galt and let the trash fight among themselves!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 09:23:04 PM »

Sarah in the senate (SIS), is great.  Jim DeMint needs some strong allies.

Jim has been giving Mytch headaches, now Rand is causing him to use BC Powders, Sarah joins the group and they will start bringing us the relief we need.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 09:29:17 PM »
Ya know,  my give-a-sht meter is busted at this point.

I just plain old, flat, don't care.  She runs, she doesn't -- all the same to me.  I'm done with worrying/speculating about her, him, him, him or her.

Pan out.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
Ya know,  my give-a-sht meter is busted at this point.

I just plain old, flat, don't care.  She runs, she doesn't -- all the same to me.  I'm done with worrying/speculating about her, him, him, him or her.

Pan out.

There's that bad temper again. I'm worried about Gunsmith he might not even know about this. ::thinking::
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 09:56:40 PM »

I wouldn't worry about that hogleg, it's that cast iron skillet that's the worry.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 10:21:59 PM »

I wouldn't worry about that hogleg, it's that cast iron skillet that's the worry.

And she has them in assorted sizes.He's such a nice man,too bad. ::praying::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 10:27:22 PM »

Aw, shaddap awready.  You noticed his carry is bigger, nu?  There's a reason fo' dat.

/When yer friends don't catch the paradigm ....... I swear....

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 10:28:24 PM »

Aw, shaddap awready.  You noticed his carry is bigger, nu?  There's a reason fo' dat.

Sure there is he's nervous all the time. You can see the fear in his eyes when he looks at you.(BTW Nan thinks you're a hot sh*t and a damned smart cookie too.)
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »

Aw, shaddap awready.  You noticed his carry is bigger, nu?  There's a reason fo' dat.

Sure there is he's nervous all the time. You can see the fear in his eyes when he looks at you.(BTW Nan thinks you're a hot sh*t and a damned smart cookie too.)

Please tell your bride that the feeling is quite mutual.   ::kissface::

You, though.  *sigh*  I dunno what we're go'n do about yew.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 10:35:16 PM »

Please tell your bride that the feeling is quite mutual.   ::kissface::

You, though.  *sigh*  I dunno what we're go'n do about yew.

Do what the wife does,look and just shake your head. She's made a lifetime out of shaking her head till that vein in her forehead popps out and then the fun's over she's pissed.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 10:38:02 PM »
Possibly the worst President in history and Palin can't win????? What does that say about our country.

If she can't win, we are screwed. We will allow the media, again, to choose our candidate, end up with another rino, push the ball down the road a few more years then bitch and complain over the rinos actions.

If she can't win, then we might as well flush conservatism......we will never fix this country. We will allow media types to choose for us forever because, there is always an excuse as to why the most feared conservative "isn't ready"..... I guess i'll grow accustomed to the euro trash lifesytle.

I said she couldn't win today.

Reagan couldn't win in 1976. It took four years of Jimmy Carter to set the table for a Reagan landslide.

Bottom line: As miserable as things are they aren't miserable enough yet. O'Bama's personal approval rating is still over 50% That wouldn't be that way if we were at the point where ANYONE could beat him. And make no mistake, it's hard to beat an incumbent president (even a crappy one) when the media is in the tank for him.

But each day we draw a little bit closer to that point. Each day, Obongo gives America (or some segment of America) the finger and shoves a few more independents out of his camp and into ours. That has a cumulative effect. It's a war of attrition and President Dipsh*t is so enamored of himself that he just can't conceive that everyone else isn't too.

We have nine more months before the real primary season starts. A lot can happen in that time. And if recent history is any indication things are going to get a LOT worse for the average American while the Narcissist In Chief continues to golf most weekends, throw extravagant parties and fly in celebrity chefs to cook snacks for himself.

Palin may yet look more and more attractive as the time to the election draws ever closer. Who knows?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 11:05:12 PM »

Reagan couldn't win in 1976. It took four years of Jimmy Carter to set the table for a Reagan landslide.

Bottom line: As miserable as things are they aren't miserable enough yet. O'Bama's personal approval rating is still over 50% That wouldn't be that way if we were at the point where ANYONE could beat him. And make no mistake, it's hard to beat an incumbent president (even a crappy one) when the media is in the tank for him.

But each day we draw a little bit closer to that point. Each day, Obongo gives America (or some segment of America) the finger and shoves a few more independents out of his camp and into ours. That has a cumulative effect. It's a war of attrition and President Dipsh*t is so enamored of himself that he just can't conceive that everyone else isn't too.

We have nine more months before the real primary season starts. A lot can happen in that time. And if recent history is any indication things are going to get a LOT worse for the average American while the Narcissist In Chief continues to golf most weekends, throw extravagant parties and fly in celebrity chefs to cook snacks for himself.

Palin may yet look more and more attractive as the time to the election draws ever closer. Who knows?

I don't believe many independents are in obama's camp. I don't know what camp there in, but not obama's... I have no interest in his personal approval rating..... they are skewed towards democrat responses, like most polls concerning obama. I like a lot of people but I don't want any to be President.

Palin should look attractive because she is one of the FEW conservatives today. 3 years of obama has set the table and there are plenty of Americans who remember the carter years and believe this time in history feels eerily similiar..... So no need for anymore table setting. She is fighting on 3 fronts: rinos, libs and the media, so good press is out of the question. Funny thing, though, every time she has a rally, speaks, etc, thousands show up. I believe the makings of a landslide are already in place, put there by pelosi, reid, frank, CARTER and obama and company....in the smoke filled rooms of obama, the media and the rinos...they all know it, they ignore it and they are fighting....why she is taking so much damn flack. We conservatives seem to be the group having difficulty grasping the opportunity. I'm not sure why, it is there.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 03:12:52 AM »

So bottom line, the notion that she should become a Senator before trying for President is wrongheaded and ahistorical.  She's already been a Governor, which is a more pertinent qualification.

/quote]

Woodrow Wilson , Franklin Roosevelt and Jimmy Carter also went from governorships to the presidency . To consider them pertinently qualified is also "wrongheaded" and "ahistorical" .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 07:10:33 AM »

I don't believe many independents are in obama's camp. I don't know what camp there in, but not obama's... I have no interest in his personal approval rating..... they are skewed towards democrat responses, like most polls concerning obama. I like a lot of people but I don't want any to be President.

Palin should look attractive because she is one of the FEW conservatives today. 3 years of obama has set the table and there are plenty of Americans who remember the carter years and believe this time in history feels eerily similiar..... So no need for anymore table setting. She is fighting on 3 fronts: rinos, libs and the media, so good press is out of the question. Funny thing, though, every time she has a rally, speaks, etc, thousands show up. I believe the makings of a landslide are already in place, put there by pelosi, reid, frank, CARTER and obama and company....in the smoke filled rooms of obama, the media and the rinos...they all know it, they ignore it and they are fighting....why she is taking so much damn flack. We conservatives seem to be the group having difficulty grasping the opportunity. I'm not sure why, it is there.

If the pendulum can swing so far left and throw Obama into to the presidency I see no reason why the momentum going the other direction cannot sweep a Palin into office.  But reading tea leaves in this chaotic atmosphere with all the bias a conservative has to contend with now days is problematic at best.  But since Sarah is out having fun ignoring the MFM and refusing to play their game by their rules, I do think that is the template a conservative has to follow, regardless who enters the final contest.  And I agree with you on the indy's, I cannot fathom the slightest reason why they would willingly tie themselves to the deck of a sinking ship.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.