Author Topic: Can Sarah Win?  (Read 6234 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Can Sarah Win?
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 07:11:26 AM »

So bottom line, the notion that she should become a Senator before trying for President is wrongheaded and ahistorical.  She's already been a Governor, which is a more pertinent qualification.

/quote]

Woodrow Wilson , Franklin Roosevelt and Jimmy Carter also went from governorships to the presidency . To consider them pertinently qualified is also "wrongheaded" and "ahistorical" .

So, regardless of where the goose is located, you squeeze hard enough and crap will come out, eh?

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 01:37:49 PM »
Possibly the worst President in history and Palin can't win????? What does that say about our country.

If she can't win, we are screwed. We will allow the media, again, to choose our candidate, end up with another rino, push the ball down the road a few more years then bitch and complain over the rinos actions.

If she can't win, then we might as well flush conservatism......we will never fix this country. We will allow media types to choose for us forever because, there is always an excuse as to why the most feared conservative "isn't ready"..... I guess i'll grow accustomed to the euro trash lifesytle.

I said she couldn't win today.

Reagan couldn't win in 1976. It took four years of Jimmy Carter to set the table for a Reagan landslide.

Bottom line: As miserable as things are they aren't miserable enough yet. O'Bama's personal approval rating is still over 50% That wouldn't be that way if we were at the point where ANYONE could beat him. And make no mistake, it's hard to beat an incumbent president (even a crappy one) when the media is in the tank for him.

But each day we draw a little bit closer to that point. Each day, Obongo gives America (or some segment of America) the finger and shoves a few more independents out of his camp and into ours. That has a cumulative effect. It's a war of attrition and President Dipsh*t is so enamored of himself that he just can't conceive that everyone else isn't too.

We have nine more months before the real primary season starts. A lot can happen in that time. And if recent history is any indication things are going to get a LOT worse for the average American while the Narcissist In Chief continues to golf most weekends, throw extravagant parties and fly in celebrity chefs to cook snacks for himself.

Palin may yet look more and more attractive as the time to the election draws ever closer. Who knows?

I don't believe many independents are in obama's camp. I don't know what camp there in, but not obama's... I have no interest in his personal approval rating..... they are skewed towards democrat responses, like most polls concerning obama. I like a lot of people but I don't want any to be President.

Palin should look attractive because she is one of the FEW conservatives today. 3 years of obama has set the table and there are plenty of Americans who remember the carter years and believe this time in history feels eerily similiar..... So no need for anymore table setting. She is fighting on 3 fronts: rinos, libs and the media, so good press is out of the question. Funny thing, though, every time she has a rally, speaks, etc, thousands show up. I believe the makings of a landslide are already in place, put there by pelosi, reid, frank, CARTER and obama and company....in the smoke filled rooms of obama, the media and the rinos...they all know it, they ignore it and they are fighting....why she is taking so much damn flack. We conservatives seem to be the group having difficulty grasping the opportunity. I'm not sure why, it is there.

If the pendulum can swing so far left and throw Obama into to the presidency I see no reason why the momentum going the other direction cannot sweep a Palin into office.  But reading tea leaves in this chaotic atmosphere with all the bias a conservative has to contend with now days is problematic at best.  But since Sarah is out having fun ignoring the MFM and refusing to play their game by their rules, I do think that is the template a conservative has to follow, regardless who enters the final contest.  And I agree with you on the indy's, I cannot fathom the slightest reason why they would willingly tie themselves to the deck of a sinking ship.

She has drawn huge crowds in Mass. I'm betting none are bussed in, none are paid, none are fake....The crowds are sincere and I bet 90% WILL VOTE. The only response needed is to ignore the press, the rinos and campaign as a conservative. She may be the only conservative who understands the liberal template and isn't cowtowing. Her crowds are genuine...obama's are not. Her support are voters....obama's are not.

50.1%...That would be my underlying message. I need 50.1% of the people who are not fooled, tired of the same, not bribed or bought, not buying the obama message of today.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 01:52:23 PM »

[blockquote]
She may be the only conservative who understands the liberal template and isn't cowtowing. Her crowds are genuine...obama's are not. Her support are voters....obama's are not.
[/blockquote]

Right on.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »
50.1%...That would be my underlying message. I need 50.1% of the people who are not fooled, tired of the same, not bribed or bought, not buying the obama message of today.

You need more than that to overcome the margin of fraud.  I'm thinking more like 55%.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »

You need more than that to overcome the margin of fraud.  I'm thinking more like 55%.

You are correct. Maybe a little less than 55% in the right states will give us an electorial landslide.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2011, 04:15:13 AM »

[blockquote]
She may be the only conservative who understands the liberal template and isn't cowtowing. Her crowds are genuine...obama's are not. Her support are voters....obama's are not.
[/blockquote]

Right on.

The very same thing was said for Barry Goldwater in 1964 . I know because I was at one of his rallys with my parents . Lyndon Johnson won by a large margin but by late 1965 you couldn't find a single s.o.b. who had voted for him .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »

[blockquote]
[/blockquote]

Right on.

The very same thing was said for Barry Goldwater in 1964 . I know because I was at one of his rallys with my parents . Lyndon Johnson won by a large margin but by late 1965 you couldn't find a single s.o.b. who had voted for him .

Every word true but the parallel between Palin and Goldwater, to me, doesn't fit.
The contest between Johnson and Goldwater was the war and our perception of its necessity.  Goldwater was firm that it was a necessity to be met head on with full force while Johnson, lying through his teeth, said he would keep America out of it.  Even though we were there the tenor of his campaign was that he was not going to involve us in it.  That was his draw for the non Urban vote.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »

[blockquote]
[/blockquote]

Right on.

Every word true but the parallel between Palin and Goldwater, to me, doesn't fit.
The contest between Johnson and Goldwater was the war and our perception of its necessity.  Goldwater was firm that it was a necessity to be met head on with full force while Johnson, lying through his teeth, said he would keep America out of it.  Even though we were there the tenor of his campaign was that he was not going to involve us in it.  That was his draw for the non Urban vote.

Don't forget that Lyndon was pushing "New Frontier" programs which Kennedy couldn't get through and which Johnson eventually took credit for ... re-dubbing them "The Great Society" .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »

I would refer to that as the Urban vote.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2011, 11:26:28 AM »
Great Society/New Frontier!

::puke::

Blueprint to serfdom would be more accurate!

And Obamakov took that ugly spawn and pumped it full of steroids and unleashed it upon our land, and look where we are now?!

Time for a full housecleaning!  Throwing up the typical/traditional/safe candidate to run against Obamakov is not going to cut it, period!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2011, 12:19:06 PM »

[blockquote]
Mark Levin says that he’s not sure of a significant issue where Sarah Palin is wrong. He says she’s a strong conservative that doesn’t deserve the attacks she is getting from Krauthammer, Rove, or George Will. Moreover he also finds Bachmann and Cain to be very good conservative candidates, undeserving of the negative attention they are getting from establishment folks.

In light of their recent attacks, Levin hits Krauthammer and Will for missing the Reagan revolution by supporting the opposing candidates. They didn’t believe Reagan could win and yet he won by landslides.

http://www.therightscoop.com/levin-krauthammer-rove-and-will-dont-know-who-can-win-or-not/
[/blockquote]

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2011, 05:53:49 AM »

I would refer to that as the Urban vote.

At that time the "Urban vote" ( and I think your referring to the black vote ) wasn't sizeable enough as a percentage of the whole , to provide Johnson with the convincing numbers he acheived in 1964 . That's why it's all the more confounding that so many denied having voted for him only a year later . America was less sold on his social programs than they were on escalating involvement in Vietnam .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 02:53:14 PM »

[blockquote]
RedState says:

If you read my horserace post, you know I’ve been hearing about Newt Gingrich’s campaign disintegrating. I was asked to hold back, but word is now pouring out like water from a crack.

Steve Deace is reporting Gingrich’s Iowa team is closing up shop.

The Daily Caller is now reporting that Gingrich’s team is leaving en masse.

This tracks with what I’ve been hearing.

Now keep in mind that Gingrich’s senior team is also Rick Perry’s senior team. You don’t have to be a genius to start drawing some conclusions from what is happening to Gingrich.

For what it’s worth, I do not believe Gingrich is dropping out and there are no indications that Gingrich is dropping out. This just seems to be additional evidence that Gingrich’s management chaos has changed little since he was Speaker of the House. I think he thinks this thing was supposed to be handed to him.

And I’m not sure if he is back from the Mediterranean yet.
[/blockquote]

Ah don't know how this got on a Palin topic.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »

Asshole:

But he didn't go quietly, telling me, "I haven't lived in Washington D.C. in 15 years, and I've been taken to the woodshed by the big boys."

"As far as we're concerned, it's not" an ongoing fight, he insisted. "This was my one comment, which I shouldn't have made, at the end of the day this has nothing to do with Michele, Michele's campaign, or any of the rest of it. This was my transition from being an analyst to a political strategist, and I missed a step."

Rollins had suggested to POLITICO that Bachmann would fare well in a Palin contrast, and told a radio interviewer that the former vice presidential contender is "not serious."

Of Team Palin's call for a retraction, he said, "What's the retraction? I say she's serious?"

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56518.html#ixzz1OodqgOvk