Author Topic: Obama IGNORES TX Gov Perry's Disaster Declaration Request  (Read 7088 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Obama IGNORES TX Gov Perry's Disaster Declaration Request
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 05:02:50 PM »

It doesn't necessarily happen that way.  Some may not be locusts but hard workers who by ignorance bring the same political and culturally week mindset, they will work, obey the laws, vote, and change the laws and thereby change the culture forever.

That's exactly what makes them locusts.  They "ignorantly" work to recreate what they fled.

.45 ACP pesticide.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 05:05:22 PM »

It doesn't necessarily happen that way.  Some may not be locusts but hard workers who by ignorance bring the same political and culturally week mindset, they will work, obey the laws, vote, and change the laws and thereby change the culture forever.

That's exactly what makes them locusts.  They "ignorantly" work to recreate what they fled.

.45 ACP pesticide.

An actual hunting season would be nice so we could all be there on opening day.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2011, 05:37:45 PM »

Or a 10 yr residency before being allowed to vote in a state, county, city, or municipal election.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2011, 06:07:01 PM »

Or a 10 yr residency before being allowed to vote in a state, county, city, or municipal election.

Nope we don't want to encourage them in any way.Shoulder mounts in the den is the only way.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »

You hit on the real root of the problem:  Democracy.  The universal franchise.

The Founders knew that pure democracy would lead to ruin, so they tried to avoid it.  But the Republic they created has been steadily whittled away, and now we are very close to pure democracy.  As long as people who are dependent on government are allowed to vote, the problem will only get worse.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt