Author Topic: "Matt Drudge's disgusting race war awareness campaign"  (Read 5656 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Matt Drudge's disgusting race war awareness campaign"
« on: June 01, 2011, 01:33:26 PM »
From here:

Think Drudge is trying to make a point?

http://www.drudgereport.com/

UPDATE: MIAMI 'WAR ZONE' DURING URBAN WEEKEND...
'I was scared for my life'...
Poet 'Da Real One' Gunned Down In Front Of Miami Poetry Cafe...
Violent crime explodes in Myrtle during Black Bike Week; 8-hour hell...
Rib Fest At Rochester beach turns rowdy...
Riot On Long Island...
Urban Melee In Charlotte...
Chaos causes DNC concern for convention...
Unruly urban crowd shuts down Nashville water park...

TEEN GANGS UNLEASHED ON BOSTON BEACH

Now this, from Salon:

Matt Drudge's non-political obsessions used to be harmless things like "extreme weather" and "pictures of Olympic wrestlers." Since the election of Barack Obama, though, Drudge--the proto-blogger and reclusive creator of the noted Courier New tribute site the Drudge Report--has developed a new fixation. He seems to be actively seeking out and publicizing stories of kids and young people getting in fights. Not just any people, mind you! People with something in particular in common.

Since Obama actually took office, though, Drudge has seriously stepped up his "scary black people" coverage.

This is the narrative that Drudge is trying to create, especially on slow news weekends when there's nothing real to aggregate and post: The blacks are rising up and attacking the whites. If that sounds a bit crazy, in a Charles Manson way, then you're obviously not paying attention. Black people are angry and they're taking over! When Barack Obama was campaigning to win Chicago the Olympic games, Matt Drudge led with a terrifying photo of (black) gang violence and the breathless, all-caps headline, "OLYMPIC SPIRIT."

It all came to a head, as John Cook noted, this Memorial Day weekend when Drudge posted 10 separate headlines--including the massive, above-the-logo one--related to violent incidents involving "urban" people at venues like "Black Bike Week" in Miami and "Rib Fest" in Rochester, N.Y. There was an "Urban Melee in Charlotte," for example. Do you know what makes an "urban melee" different from a regular "melee"? It's not that it takes place within the city limits of a major metropolitan area. It's that it involves the world's most obvious code term for "scary black people."

Partial Lawrence Auster fisk:

"Leave aside the fact that the term "urban" did not come from Drudge, but from the mainstream news sources he was posting. What Pareene is saying is that if you use a polite euphemism, such as "urban," to avoid saying anything negative about blacks, that is actually a sinister code word for blacks. So if you say "black rioters," you're a racist. But if you say "urban rioters" you're also a racist."

More at link.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: "Matt Drudge's disgusting race war awareness campaign"
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:43:46 PM »
  Is it me or has this stuff gotten worse since the post racial potus united the country??
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »
If you ignore a culture that's trash, does it mean the culture automatically starts smelling like roses?

What's happening is that yes, this sort of thing is on the rise, and yes, it is racist to report on it.  I remember the Channel 9 website reporting on the looting of a liquor store in S**tholeapolis, and half the comments were leftist pieces of garbage whining that Channel 9 reported that the liquor store was looted, because it's racist to report stories like that.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 02:17:41 PM »
It might not be just you.  I think there has always been many in the minority community who think they can do pretty much as they please, that they are entitled to act a certain way or feel taking something from someone else is some perverted form of justice, but I think it has gotten worse since this POSOTUS seized power!  So call me a racist for speaking the truth, what trash says doesn't bother me, sticks and stones is all!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 02:42:11 PM »
There is only one way to counter this PC crap and that is to mock it. Start calling everyone and everything racist and you dilute the word down to a meaningless joke.

The only other way that I can see putting an end to this BS is to elect a real post racial black person to the WH so that people can see the difference. Not that that is an actual reason in and of itself to vote for someone like, say, Herman Cain. Think of it instead as a useful side benefit. Strategically speaking, if there isn't anything wrong with Cain that would disqualify him from consideration, having him on the ticket would be like having racist insurance.

Plus it would also give the left yet another opportunity to distinguish themselves (ex. Clarence Thomas) as the racists that they are when they inevitably stoop to the level that they are most comfortable with.

But seriously, we (conservatives) need to make an organized effort to neuter the "racist" term as an effective means of attack. Since the left overuses it already, half the work is already been done. It just needs to be pushed over the edge into irrelevancy.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

hemm

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »
I noticed that too.......but, knowing that drudge is simply a collection of other stories.......I didn't see it as a sinister racist plot.......

couple that with FACT of the stories....they tell their own tale. The truth sometimes stings.

Bill Cosby is right in many ways............

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 02:51:31 PM »
Bill Cosby is a f**king racist.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

hemm

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 02:56:55 PM »

::hysterical::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 05:43:29 PM »
Old Southern Joke with Modern Twist:

Gentleman complains to the home appliance salesperson that all of the washing machines sold only come in white.

"That's okay, sir," he replies, "every one of them come with an Urban agitator."
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

RickZ

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 06:33:42 PM »
  Is it me or has this stuff gotten worse since the post racial potus united the country??

I'll edit this to one of my usual typos:  'This stuff has gotten worse since the post racial POTUS untied the country.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 06:49:18 PM »
Amen And my Momma knows him.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »
I saw some of the "urban" crown that shut down a water park here.....They were climbing the high fences ( to get in, not out) to engage in "urbanism".

And I'm questioned why I carry.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 07:04:46 PM »
We're pretty much at the point where the question must be answered, "are we willing to forfeit the entirety of Western Civilization and our own posterity just to avoid being called words like 'racist'?" That's what we've been doing so far.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 07:07:40 PM »
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14750758/police-shut-down-wave-country-due-to-unruly-crowd

If you read the story, this is the first time in 30 years a problem of this magnitude occured. They chose to not show the fighting inside the park.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 07:41:42 PM »
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14750758/police-shut-down-wave-country-due-to-unruly-crowd

If you read the story, this is the first time in 30 years a problem of this magnitude occured. They chose to not show the fighting inside the park.

This report relates the facts unlike the one told about the Chicago beach which claimed the shutdown was for "heat-related" reasons.  Yeah, okay; it's hot and people are "overcome" so whaddaya do?  Close the beach and access to the cooling water.

They think we're stoopit.  I think they got another think coming.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »
We're pretty much at the point where the question must be answered, "are we willing to forfeit the entirety of Western Civilization and our own posterity just to avoid being called words like 'racist'?" That's what we've been doing so far.

If you say yes, the left will applaud that you finally get it!

::puke::

::cussing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 09:33:45 PM »
  NEVER!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 10:11:56 PM »

And I'm questioned why I carry.

You carry for the same reason that I do and everyone else does. It's because we are all racist.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 10:21:40 PM »
There was a murder six blocks from my home last week. Two guys fighting over a woman. One of them shot and killed the other in the middle of the street.

...they weren't Amish.