Author Topic: Walmart's Dan Bartlett beeoch slaps Amazon's Bezos!  (Read 3060 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Walmart's Dan Bartlett beeoch slaps Amazon's Bezos!
« on: April 12, 2019, 07:48:37 AM »
Amazon and Walmart are in war over worker pay — and now corporate taxes.

After Amazon Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos on Thursday issued a challenge to other retailers, not naming which ones specifically, to match Amazon’s pay and benefits, Walmart snapped right back.

“Today I challenge our top retail competitors (you know who you are!) to match our employee benefits and our $15 minimum wage. Do it! Better yet, go to $16 and throw the gauntlet back at us. It’s a kind of competition that will benefit everyone,” Bezos wrote in his annual letter to shareholders.

“Hey retail competitors out there (you know who you are) how about paying your taxes?” tweeted Walmart’s Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs Dan Bartlett on Thursday morning, sharing an article about Amazon paying $0 in federal taxes on more than $11 billion in profits last year.

A representative from Amazon wasn’t immediately able to comment on Bartlett’s tweet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/how-about-paying-your-taxes-walmart-responds-amazon-s-challenge-n993461

Heh.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Walmart's Dan Bartlett beeoch slaps Amazon's Bezos!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 07:32:30 PM »
  If Bezos isn't paying any taxes and it's legal I don't have a beef with it.  But maybe the rules need to change.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Walmart's Dan Bartlett beeoch slaps Amazon's Bezos!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:25:52 AM »
It highlights the fact that these progressive crony capitalists like to use the system for their own benefit and then crow about how awesome they are and take jabs at others they don't like regardless if they are doing the same or not...it begs the question: why is it so impossible for some people to just enjoy their own success and not begrudge others theirs?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.