Author Topic: I’m done with Democrats  (Read 934 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
I’m done with Democrats
« on: April 23, 2019, 10:33:49 AM »
I’m done. I’ve bailed out on social media discussion sites where I’ve tried to have a decent, respectful, rational discussion regarding politics. To simplify my reasons, and there is really only one: Libs and Progressives are f**k!ng crazy.

I tried. Gosh almighty I tried. I tried to encourage critical thinking. I often used the Socratic Method to draw people out. I tried “don’t just say that ‘_______’ is an asshole! Tell me why you think ‘________’ is an asshole. I tried questions that required a simple yes or no question. They saw every question as a debate trap. (Often, in my smugness, it was). I had non-lawyers sanctimoniously tell me what the law is. (I graduated from Law School almost 40 years ago) Their hubris, their condescension, their ignorance was beyond measure. Now, tell me how one may have an intellectual conversation with a five year old?

The last straw was a thread about North Carolina’s attempt to change the rape laws to allow a woman to withdraw consent after penetration. They mocked my reciting English Common law, NC Law, Louisiana Napoleonic  Code, and Federal rape law. (Federally rape law? Hahaha you are so stupid!) Fine. Rape someone on an Indian Reservation and see what the federal charge is.

I’ve been called a rape apologist (I have 2 daughters), a hater of Muslims and all around flyover country southern ignorant redneck. (See screen name). So, I’m done. I won’t miss those groupthink fantasists.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Re: I’m done with Democrats
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 10:37:17 AM »
I did get in a little bit of trouble in the rape revocation of consent thread. I said “Revoking consent during sex is like telling your aircraft pilot that you really don’t want to fly to Los Angeles. When you are 36,000 feet above Boulder Colorado.”

Yeah, they don’t have a sense of humor either.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 11:06:57 AM »
I did get in a little bit of trouble in the rape revocation of consent thread. I said “Revoking consent during sex is like telling your aircraft pilot that you really don’t want to fly to Los Angeles. When you are 36,000 feet above Boulder Colorado.”

Sounds like a proper analogy to me!
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 12:05:04 PM »
Trying to reason with a demofascist is like...well...french-kissing a starving lion...there are things that should just not be attempted!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 01:50:37 PM »
My standard line, which annoys to no end my Christian friends, is that there's only ONE answer for liberal people, press or politicians (i.e. ANYTHING liberal, liberal minded or "tolerant"); and that answer is "Go FVCK yourself!".

Zero debate, zero conversation, zero Dale Carnegie like "winning & influencing" - simply eff off.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 03:09:57 PM »

You act like this is news. Don't give them the honor of getting under your skin.  Screw them.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 06:52:13 AM »
My standard line, which annoys to no end my Christian friends, is that there's only ONE answer for liberal people, press or politicians (i.e. ANYTHING liberal, liberal minded or "tolerant"); and that answer is "Go FVCK yourself!".

Zero debate, zero conversation, zero Dale Carnegie like "winning & influencing" - simply eff off.

Works for me!

Nice T's.   ::thumbsup::

Reminds me of something I saw the other day, car had a decal on it...The Punisher Skull in red white and blue...but with that orange Trump hair!  Made me snort with glee.  Gotta find out where those are at...run around and slap them on libtard vehicles!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.