Topics > Science, Technology, & Medicine

US Navy Ship Quarantined at Sea for mumps - all were vaccinated

<< < (3/3)

WilliamVA:

--- Quote from: Libertas on April 25, 2019, 11:38:08 AM ---Next thing you know a dogface will chime in with a ranger the eff up for all of us!   ;D

--- End quote ---

::hysterical::

patentlymn:
It is prolly good that this happened in such a controlled environment. It should not be hard to get to the bottom of it. When I was younger there were no measles vaccines. In 6th grade some girl got them and the science teacher told all the girls to go over to visit her and catch it. If women get it when pregnant it can be real bad.

My ex wife got chicken pox as an adult. They treated her like she had the plague. They cleared out part of the waiting room and brought her in through the back door.

Interesting history on smallpox vaccinations.  They were done before Jenner. China and Turkey, but using different more dangerous methods.
Also, I read the moldy bread was used to treat infected wounds long ago.
https://youtu.be/pg-Nz_A6TbE

Libertas:
Smallpox is hideous, the bug itself is dark and nasty looking, it's effects are hideous...everything about it was nasty...no doubt it was one of the great scourges of mankind, Jefferson's take is on target.  I had Chickenpox as a kid, a touch of Bronchitis and that's about it, thank God.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version