Author Topic: Oliver North out as NRA President  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Oliver North out as NRA President
« on: April 28, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »
No clue what this is about.

The article mentions little but what it does mention seems to be contradictory.

https://www.apnews.com/d5d90ab1596f478c8f20d4dbe3f73979

If there were questions about finances but only questions are raised about North and the PR firm billings and NRATV...and North proposed a committee to investigate...why would he be forced out?  I guess it has something to do with the so-called "damaging information".  Seems to me a proper house-cleaning is in order and instead the Old Guard appears to have rallied together.

The closing mantra by LaPierre of  “We won’t accept it. We will resist it. We won’t give an inch” seems pure hyperbole...he gave too many inches over too many years.

I think people truly interested in safeguarding their God-given 2A rights need to throw all their support behind GOA, they don't suffer the plethora of delusions LaPierre's outfit has!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Oliver North out as NRA President
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 11:34:57 AM »
https://www.thetrace.org/features/nra-financial-misconduct-ackerman-mcqueen/

I read that a few days ago.  I don't know what to think ..............
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 11:58:31 AM »
Nice article, if much of what it says is true, then I think part of the problem is that this is all about a tone war...North personifies an attack-mentality, LaPierre wants it both ways - not anger those who he thinks can help him but attack strategically with smart-bombs and little collateral damage...when in fact we are merely feeding the croc by thinking democrat support is wanted at all at this point when so much of their agenda is anti-liberty across the board!  Something we've railed about the NRA for decades.  The not alienating democrats of this article and the concern about "other issues and losing membership" of the article I posted seem to confirm this - LaPierre's NRA is more concerned about membership and full coffers than in a righteous stand for 2A rights that really doesn't give an inch!

About the only good I see coming out of their meeting is President Trump's speech and revoking that nefarious UN Small Arms Treaty BS!

::USA::
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 12:24:51 PM by Libertas »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 12:51:36 PM »
The closing mantra by LaPierre of  “We won’t accept it. We will resist it. We won’t give an inch” seems pure hyperbole...he gave too many inches over too many years.

I think people truly interested in safeguarding their God-given 2A rights need to throw all their support behind GOA, they don't suffer the plethora of delusions LaPierre's outfit has!

LePierre is a penis with ears. He and his clique do only what they can profit from. The NRA is a shadow of it's former self. Anyone paying attention can tell that.

Ollie tried to rein in the organization and get it back to his roots, but lost the battle.

You're right. The GOA is a much better organization. They'll need to grow before they have any clout.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 01:14:54 PM »
Just an old farts response. I've hated the Frenchy Frenchman. He has done a lot of good but he NEVER SHOULD BE THE FACE of the NRA.If you guys/gals think the GOA is gonna replace the impact of the NRA you're drinking something I should. Oh, a life member  here

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 01:42:32 PM »
Some people leave the ship before trouble is seen on the horizon because they see trouble on the bridge or in the CIC...others wait till the troubles manifest...some plunge into the abyss out of laziness or stupidity...it is what it is.

The impact will shift...or it will be too late matter anyway.

No reason to stay on a doomed ship IMO.

I'm sure lots of pro-NRA Dem's following the marching orders of Pelosi and Schumer are going to be swell in the long run.

/

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 02:27:03 PM »
Are you freekin serious ::pullhair:: So what ship are you boarding foottapping

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 02:52:45 PM »

Hey!  The NRA has done less than no good for NC gunowners; in many instances they sent a minion here to undercut our local gun rights org, Grass Roots North Carolina, with the NC legislature during "negotiations".  The NRA is responsible for a lot of the crap passed here that Grass Roots was fighting against.

That said, my husband is a lifetime NRA member because, and only because, it helps with the insurance for his gunsmithing business.

So, yeah, we're freekin serious.   ::saywhat::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 06:22:18 PM »
I was struck (almost literally!) by this quote:

“I just thought, If the typical NRA member knew that this is how the organization really works, then there’s no way they would give money.”

I was, I did, and I quit.

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 06:05:28 AM »

Hey!  The NRA has done less than no good for NC gunowners; in many instances they sent a minion here to undercut our local gun rights org, Grass Roots North Carolina, with the NC legislature during "negotiations".  The NRA is responsible for a lot of the crap passed here that Grass Roots was fighting against.

That said, my husband is a lifetime NRA member because, and only because, it helps with the insurance for his gunsmithing business.

So, yeah, we're freekin serious.   ::saywhat::

Funny you mention NC. I remember going to a gun show at NCST in the 90's and getting my ass handed to me by a group of dealers for asking about the need for permit like here in NJ.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 07:43:08 AM »

Super Serious.  I do not misplace my faith in what God gave me.

FYI - Other people serious as a MFer too -

The NRA may survive this, but not in the same form.  It will be known as the home of the Fudds, or it will jettison the ne’er-do-wells, clean house, and begin a campaign of grading politicians truthfully and keeping those grades up-to-date.  It will include in that campaign an honest attempt to stand against the tide of control coming.

If the NRA decides not to approach it that way, it will morph back into an organization that teaches people to shoot bolt action rifles at father-son or mother-daughter events.  But they can begin sending the money back to their constituents and proceed apace with defunding themselves, because you don’t get wealthy by teaching people to shoot rifles.  You obtain some measure of power by truthfully and honestly representing your constituency.

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2019/04/28/can-the-national-rifle-association-be-saved/

Herschel: Can The NRA Be Saved?

RTWT, including the embedded links.

The Lairds of Fairfax are Beltway critters, and have been behind every single major 2A infringement on the national level since NFA34.

Screw them all, then dump them into the Morbark.

Going forward, everybody here who isn’t a member of Gun Owners of America [ https://gunowners.org/join/ ] needs to fix that. Please.

Next, find and join the most effective state pro-gun lobby in your state. Help them grow.

Finally, your bi-partisan accountability files will not build themselves. When this thing goes sideways, the Bad People on those lists need feedback.

Long and hard.

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2019/04/29/herschel-can-the-nra-be-saved/

Fukkin'-A!!!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 08:03:28 AM by Libertas »

Online paulh

• Established Member

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 12:24:59 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2019/04/29/national-rifle-association-unity-wayne-lapierre-remains-ceo-carolyn-meadows-new-president/

New woman pres. some interesting remarks at the end.

Really...how does anybody know what kind of woman she is?

-or-

::whatgives::

All we know for sure is the NRA's record is...

...at best!

Hints the NRA leadership don't get and the rank and file don't insist upon -

;)

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 01:30:20 PM »
Your posters are cute but doesn't address the problem. In my 75 years the NRA has done more for we gun owners than any other organization. Mistakes sure. I went to the GOA site you posted and looked at accomplishments or anything pending. Didn't see much. The $20.00 join up is cheap enough tho.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 07:17:17 AM »
If you define accomplishments as securing/expanding government authority over magazine capacities, barrel lengths, suppressors, expanded background checks and ownership lists, taking guns away from people on the government no-fly list, allowing gun-free zones, red flag confiscation laws, etc...yeah the NRA has been wildly successful...FOR THE OPPOSITION!  And supporting Dem candidates is I-N-S-A-N-E no matter how you spell it!

Lot's of outfits better than the NRA -

GOA, doesn't compromise, if just a quarter of the NRA's membership wised up and threw their same NRA-level support to them it would make an immense difference.

https://gunowners.org/

SAF, key player in McDonald vs Chicago, a better alternative that the NRA-ILA which the latter spends a lot more time and membership money on politics than fights.

https://www.saf.org/

NAGR is a better advocate for Constitutional carry than the NRA.

https://nationalgunrights.org/

And Constitutional Rights PAC is not single issue, but on 2A they have done things like lead fax-blasts to Congress when Anti-Constitutional crap like gun free zone bills come up, and they don't have NRA baggage being more Libertarian-oriented.

https://constitutionalrightspac.com/

Are you Jewish?  Yes, there is a 2A advocacy outfit for our Jewish friends - the JPFO.

http://jpfo.org/alerts2012/alert20121217b.htm

There are alternatives if people want them, if not and they are OK staying with an elite-run leadership cadre out-sourcing messaging and focus to PR experts and are OK with funding the campaign coffers of those who would make us slaves and feel happy happy over compromised rights that one day will make it easier to wipe out entirely...by all means stay put.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 11:34:57 AM »
Y'all see this?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/leaked-letters-reveal-details-of-nra-chiefs-alleged-spending-11557597601

Poor dumb bastards...they are led by Imelda Marcos in drag and are too stupid to care...

Well, enjoy that anchor around your neck...and the trip into the abyss.

::mooning::

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 02:08:02 PM »
I'm embarrassed by these a$$holes. Cox is gone, there goes any lawsuits, and frenchy Frenchman is still there. ::facepalm::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 07:46:10 AM »
The are following a Jim Jones...to the same result...

https://youtu.be/Swvf3w6hcY4