Topics > General Board

Beluga whales being exploited?

<< < (2/2)

Libertas:

--- Quote from: patentlymn on April 29, 2019, 05:21:25 PM ---Nuke the Russian whales!

Didn't the US train dolphins to kill swimmers with compressed air darts?

--- End quote ---

Or attach mines to ship hulls...which didn't work well.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: John Florida on April 29, 2019, 05:41:29 PM ---  Norway ate the poor thing so no evidence.

--- End quote ---

Well, Beluga caviar is tasty...so the whole Beluga has to be nummy too, eh?

benb61:

--- Quote from: Libertas on April 30, 2019, 07:26:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: John Florida on April 29, 2019, 05:41:29 PM ---  Norway ate the poor thing so no evidence.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Well, considering that Beluga Whales are mammals and therefore deliver live births as opposed to roe (fish eggs), I'm not too sure.  But even Beluga Sturgeons (which produce Beluga caviar) are a member of the Sturgeon family and I have heard those fish do not taste very good.  Just saying.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: benb61 on April 30, 2019, 10:38:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: Libertas on April 30, 2019, 07:26:01 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Well, considering that Beluga Whales are mammals and therefore deliver live births as opposed to roe (fish eggs), I'm not too sure.  But even Beluga Sturgeons (which produce Beluga caviar) are a member of the Sturgeon family and I have heard those fish do not taste very good.  Just saying.

--- End quote ---

Huh, well, OK...then either the Norwegian's are starving to death and will eat anything...or some folks will just eat anything.  Like sea-kill to our road-kill...

:o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version