Author Topic: NC Transplants  (Read 3320 times)

Online paulh

• Established Member
NC Transplants
« on: May 28, 2019, 01:28:20 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/28/redfored-teachers-lobbying-to-increase-local-property-taxes-in-north-carolina/

Looks as tho the NJ transplants I saw in all the parking lots when considering moving to NC 20 years ago have control now. Raise taxes ::pullhair::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: NC Transplants
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 04:51:17 PM »
  Construction in Wake County is booming and an awful lot of them are libs.  They move to get away and bring it with them to sh*t where they eat again.

The mindset is sick.  IE in this county the local high school has fund raisers that the kids work at so it helps finance trips for the math club etc. etc. So they have chicken dinners and plant sales of plants raised by the kids from seedlings and the kids work their butts off.   Wake county kids can't be bothered with the work so their parents solution is to try and stop the fund raisers here.

But the people here told Wake to stay the hell out of our business. The kids work hard and the community shows up and supports the kids.   Last chicken dinner they served one 4k dinners in one day!!

That's one hell of a lot of work!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 09:04:35 PM »
You're not alone.

My little town has turned blue (and I'm hating it!)

They tore down a perfectly good high school and put up this monstrosity in its place. They spent millions and millions of dollars and gave us a university grade structure - still filled with pimple-brained "teachers".

Now they've done the same with an elementary school. It's almost five times what was there. Everything first cabin, everything state of the art. Unless they have plans to import huge amounts of the teeming masses they'll never ever approach capacity (god help us!).

Yeah, I'm partially pissed because the schools were garbage when my kids went there and now I'm paying (right through the nose) to garrison a bunch of snot-noses that may approach a 40% graduation rate.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 10:04:40 PM »
We recently had a fundraiser request (no services/product offered - simply a request for cash donations) from a niece who participates on a track team @ her High School - which is 3 states away from us.

Funds were needed, the email said, for basics: bus transportation to Meets, uniforms & operating expenses.

I sent an email back saying local municipalities & the state needs to provide these funds. I’m already taxed locally & will NEVER consider a donation to public school functions in other states.

I then blocked their email address.

Eff ‘em - ALL of ‘em.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 06:46:33 AM »
Another favorite practice of the spoiled public-teat sucking locusts is to refuse to believe "no" menas "no"...I cannot count how many times school districts get a levy shot down and they turn right around and schedule another vote because their arrogant asses addicted to OPM cannot abide the will of lesser beings.  In one or two instances there have been three consecutive votes!

I just want to throat-punch the lot of 'em...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 08:27:12 AM »
Another favorite practice of the spoiled public-teat sucking locusts is to refuse to believe "no" menas "no"...I cannot count how many times school districts get a levy shot down and they turn right around and schedule another vote because their arrogant asses addicted to OPM cannot abide the will of lesser beings.  In one or two instances there have been three consecutive votes!

I just want to throat-punch the lot of 'em...
They schedule these votes in off season low turnout elections. Then the teachers and school board runs the campaign.

Decades ago I knew a Siberian exchange student. She was astounded at the physical features of the HS, and the overall stupidity of the students/teachers. It was very easy for her.  Her HS back home had a classroom with very few amenities. The same group of students and teacher  stayed together for years.

She arrived with a view that in the US blacks were set upon by police dogs. She left with the view that black women were obese, violent, sluts that placed their kids in the HS free day care.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 08:30:10 AM »
You're not alone.

My little town has turned blue (and I'm hating it!)

They tore down a perfectly good high school and put up this monstrosity in its place. They spent millions and millions of dollars and gave us a university grade structure - still filled with pimple-brained "teachers".

Now they've done the same with an elementary school. It's almost five times what was there. Everything first cabin, everything state of the art. Unless they have plans to import huge amounts of the teeming masses they'll never ever approach capacity (god help us!).

Yeah, I'm partially pissed because the schools were garbage when my kids went there and now I'm paying (right through the nose) to garrison a bunch of snot-noses that may approach a 40% graduation rate.

My local HS (MVHS) is 'highly rated.' IMO it was the students and parents, no thanks to most of the teachers and bloated staff. Einstein did math with chalk and pencil and paper. These clowns need computerized whiteboards in every classroom.  IMO my HS decades ago was much better.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 08:36:48 AM »
MVHS as in Mustang's?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 09:12:29 AM »
Washington state is a special kind of stupid. A few years ago the legislature amended the state constitution to require 100% funding for schools. That means whatever the union wants - we are constitutionally required to give them.

Sure they still gripe about not having pencils and sequined roach clips, but that's reflexive (having done it for so many decades). They rarely do school levies any more - they don't need them. We are simply obligated to open a vein whenever they need a fillup.

The other thing the union does is to hold a lottery every late summer to determine which school district will be holding their strike for pay increases. This ensures that they don't have to duplicate union expenditures and concentrates focus against one community at a time.

The only reason they haven't been RICO'ed is because the legislature and the courts are complicit.

Liberalism is a costly mental disorder.