Topics > General Board

A Banjo on my Knee

<< < (2/7) > >>

Pablo de Fleurs:
Thanks for the perspective - I hadn't considered that level of diabolic political maneuvering.

Maybe that coat hanger needs to be straightened & run through these bastards, from ear to ear.

ToddF:
I'm with Weisshaupt.  Now is not the time for this fight.  Want something tangible?  Go for a post first trimester ban.  It's defensible, in every way.  It's probably where a majority of the people are and it's the standard in most of the world.  Yes, I mean "liberal" Europe. 

Especially at a time when Democrats are calling for legalized infanticide. 

Libertas:
But what the Alabama case does is in fact assert a state's right, yes?  The Left doesn't want state's rights, they want national obedience to only their perspective...and they've been hiding behind that rape/incest thing forever and only want that provision included to keep hiding behind it...even when those cases are an extreme minority instance to the greater on-demand no-reason necessary instances.  I see no national machination on this being allowed to perpetrate if people focus on state's rights, the simple answer in any national contest is simple - it's Alabama's or any state's choice, let the Left say they are not for a state's choice.  Same in any Senate/Congressional race, it's a state's right...I think people need to be mindful of not enabling the Left's meme to take root but the fear is understandable as it is rooted in Pubbie fecklessness and historical track record of not framing the debate and being consistent when caving in and weaseling out is oh so much easier.

PS - More of this childish petulance is predictable as it is ineffective...so Alabama misses a few butthurt Coloradan's polluting their state...not like a lot probably go anyway...and that pathetic dictate can only be applied to official travel not personal...so it is an empty political stunt with no weight.

benb61:

--- Quote from: Libertas on May 17, 2019, 07:13:47 AM ---But what the Alabama case does is in fact assert a state's right, yes?  The Left doesn't want state's rights, they want national Global obedience to only their perspective...and they've been hiding behind that rape/incest thing forever and only want that provision included to keep hiding behind it...even when those cases are an extreme minority instance to the greater on-demand no-reason necessary instances.  I see no national machination on this being allowed to perpetrate if people focus on state's rights, the simple answer in any national contest is simple - it's Alabama's or any state's choice, let the Left say they are not for a state's choice.  Same in any Senate/Congressional race, it's a state's right...I think people need to be mindful of not enabling the Left's meme to take root but the fear is understandable as it is rooted in Pubbie fecklessness and historical track record of not framing the debate and being consistent when caving in and weaseling out is oh so much easier.

PS - More of this childish petulance is predictable as it is ineffective...so Alabama misses a few butthurt Coloradan's polluting their state...not like a lot probably go anyway...and that pathetic dictate can only be applied to official travel not personal...so it is an empty political stunt with no weight.

--- End quote ---

FIFY

There also needs to be a federal clause that anyone seeking an abortion in any state must be a resident of that state for a minimum of 10 months before an abortion can be provided.  That would keep women from simply crossing the state line from a pro life state to an abortion on demand state.

Weisshaupt:

--- Quote from: Libertas on May 17, 2019, 07:13:47 AM ---But what the Alabama case does is in fact assert a state's right, yes? 
--- End quote ---

Yes.
But ...

77% of the American people oppose 3rd trimester abortion.
77% of Americans support a provision that allows abortion for incest and rape.

As ToddF suggested-- a bill that matches what they do in Europe - or at least allows the 1.5%  of abortions that are done for reasons of rape or incest..  would be far more defensible.  I have a friend in Europe and they can't believe that either of these positions is advocated.

We don't trust the liberals and their gun controls because we suspect its a camels nose under the tent - that the final goal is total confiscation
The left is convinced that is the final goal of any abortion legislation - and here they are - proving it.
This evens the playing field - they want to control us, we want to control them
Regardless of the truth that is how it will be spun - its one form of extremism or another.
They scream they are coming for  your abortions each and every election - even when no one has said a damn thing.
Now they have a credible threat to point to

Doing this now only helps the Democrats.
Yes this should be a decision returned to the state level  - and really - as much as we are morally convinced it is taking a life - we don't know when life begins any more than anyone else. If we can't convince an individual  abortion is immoral - because by any rational measure that is the truth, we should let them kill the baby (with thier own money)  - Let Darwin do his job. If we can't trust them with that choice, we can't trust them to raise a child. And if we did -  you have a new generation of criminals, welfare parasites and Democrat voters.   Is that in anyway moral or fair to the baby? NOPE.
 Is it practical? Yep.
Don't interfere with the enemy while they are committing  suicide. 

So conservatives should just accept that - and push for some point  that is a reasonable compromise - that restricts the practice  to to an early point accepted by most people -  when there is a heartbeat - brain activity - or the potential for suffering - and let God sort it out.  Its not a moral solution , but trying to win this war now, is just stupid.

see also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvpNPGRuD0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version