Author Topic: A Banjo on my Knee  (Read 6060 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
A Banjo on my Knee
« on: May 15, 2019, 09:41:10 PM »
Sweet. Home. Alabama.

(in case of 'emergency' . . . untwist)
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: A Banjo on my Knee
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 06:52:00 AM »
They want a clean law to taunt SCOTUS with, previous cases always baggage...now the robed morons led by the Dread Traitor Roberts can argue over a clean law that outlaws the practice that has been allowed to become barbaric and ghoulish and test if states have any rights left to them.

I do not see this court with its current contamination and missing presumed dead Ginsborg who's vote is going to be deemed to do anything but repudiate Alabama's republican electoral will and cement infanticide into permanent cannon.

Basically...in evil times evil often prevails.

MO & LA have lesser bans coming through, Ohio has a 6 week criteria...none as clean as Alabama's...hopefully they don't muddy the waters...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:59:23 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 10:51:56 AM »
<extreme sarcasm> Y'know how you see the carcasses of dead deer along the highway: their legs stiff, bodies bloated & eyes sort of popped? Imagine if, interspersed among the deer, there were human bodies, with protruding coat hangers, dotting the highways & bi-ways . . . the irony would be this: it'd still represent their "choice".</extreme sarcasm>
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 12:11:24 PM »
I like the pic I saw somewhere earlier...wymenz baby-killing contingent sporting witty (ha!) signs...the one that said "Forced birth's is barbaric"...

Yes...let that incredibly effed in the head mentality sink in...these wymenz who cannot keep their legs closed, who cannot or will not pay to use one of over a dozen different contraceptive choices and thinks the single best option is to slaughter a baby in the womb...says giving birth is barbaric.

I think I know what should be done with that untwisted coat hanger...and it rhymes with "mangle".

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 01:46:14 PM »
Unfortunately - this is the killer issue to bring out the Left to vote.
If this was to be done - it would have had to have been done after 2020.
The is e-GOP colluding with the Democrat agenda again. This shouldn't have even been breathed a word of till after Trump was re-elected.
This is the work of Traitors, and is every bit as extreme as the Democrats " kills the babies after they are born " bill and will be opposed by about as many...
They leave no outs for incest or Rape for instance.

Moral considerations are valid, but this is  not cause for celebration at all. This is a backstabbing.

And this is also war. The more self-aborted Democrat babies the better.

If SCOUTUS has any sense they will refuse the case - returning this decision to the States where it belongs.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:53:04 PM by Weisshaupt »

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 07:23:29 PM »
Thanks for the perspective - I hadn't considered that level of diabolic political maneuvering.

Maybe that coat hanger needs to be straightened & run through these bastards, from ear to ear.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 05:55:20 AM »
I'm with Weisshaupt.  Now is not the time for this fight.  Want something tangible?  Go for a post first trimester ban.  It's defensible, in every way.  It's probably where a majority of the people are and it's the standard in most of the world.  Yes, I mean "liberal" Europe. 

Especially at a time when Democrats are calling for legalized infanticide. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 07:13:47 AM »
But what the Alabama case does is in fact assert a state's right, yes?  The Left doesn't want state's rights, they want national obedience to only their perspective...and they've been hiding behind that rape/incest thing forever and only want that provision included to keep hiding behind it...even when those cases are an extreme minority instance to the greater on-demand no-reason necessary instances.  I see no national machination on this being allowed to perpetrate if people focus on state's rights, the simple answer in any national contest is simple - it's Alabama's or any state's choice, let the Left say they are not for a state's choice.  Same in any Senate/Congressional race, it's a state's right...I think people need to be mindful of not enabling the Left's meme to take root but the fear is understandable as it is rooted in Pubbie fecklessness and historical track record of not framing the debate and being consistent when caving in and weaseling out is oh so much easier.

PS - More of this childish petulance is predictable as it is ineffective...so Alabama misses a few butthurt Coloradan's polluting their state...not like a lot probably go anyway...and that pathetic dictate can only be applied to official travel not personal...so it is an empty political stunt with no weight.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:17:36 AM by Libertas »

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 10:13:03 AM »
But what the Alabama case does is in fact assert a state's right, yes?  The Left doesn't want state's rights, they want national Global obedience to only their perspective...and they've been hiding behind that rape/incest thing forever and only want that provision included to keep hiding behind it...even when those cases are an extreme minority instance to the greater on-demand no-reason necessary instances.  I see no national machination on this being allowed to perpetrate if people focus on state's rights, the simple answer in any national contest is simple - it's Alabama's or any state's choice, let the Left say they are not for a state's choice.  Same in any Senate/Congressional race, it's a state's right...I think people need to be mindful of not enabling the Left's meme to take root but the fear is understandable as it is rooted in Pubbie fecklessness and historical track record of not framing the debate and being consistent when caving in and weaseling out is oh so much easier.

PS - More of this childish petulance is predictable as it is ineffective...so Alabama misses a few butthurt Coloradan's polluting their state...not like a lot probably go anyway...and that pathetic dictate can only be applied to official travel not personal...so it is an empty political stunt with no weight.

FIFY

There also needs to be a federal clause that anyone seeking an abortion in any state must be a resident of that state for a minimum of 10 months before an abortion can be provided.  That would keep women from simply crossing the state line from a pro life state to an abortion on demand state.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 04:13:51 PM »
But what the Alabama case does is in fact assert a state's right, yes? 

Yes.
But ...

77% of the American people oppose 3rd trimester abortion.
77% of Americans support a provision that allows abortion for incest and rape.

As ToddF suggested-- a bill that matches what they do in Europe - or at least allows the 1.5%  of abortions that are done for reasons of rape or incest..  would be far more defensible.  I have a friend in Europe and they can't believe that either of these positions is advocated.

We don't trust the liberals and their gun controls because we suspect its a camels nose under the tent - that the final goal is total confiscation
The left is convinced that is the final goal of any abortion legislation - and here they are - proving it.
This evens the playing field - they want to control us, we want to control them
Regardless of the truth that is how it will be spun - its one form of extremism or another.
They scream they are coming for  your abortions each and every election - even when no one has said a damn thing.
Now they have a credible threat to point to

Doing this now only helps the Democrats.
Yes this should be a decision returned to the state level  - and really - as much as we are morally convinced it is taking a life - we don't know when life begins any more than anyone else. If we can't convince an individual  abortion is immoral - because by any rational measure that is the truth, we should let them kill the baby (with thier own money)  - Let Darwin do his job. If we can't trust them with that choice, we can't trust them to raise a child. And if we did -  you have a new generation of criminals, welfare parasites and Democrat voters.   Is that in anyway moral or fair to the baby? NOPE.
 Is it practical? Yep.
Don't interfere with the enemy while they are committing  suicide. 

So conservatives should just accept that - and push for some point  that is a reasonable compromise - that restricts the practice  to to an early point accepted by most people -  when there is a heartbeat - brain activity - or the potential for suffering - and let God sort it out.  Its not a moral solution , but trying to win this war now, is just stupid.

see also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvpNPGRuD0

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 07:45:01 PM »
As ToddF suggested-- a bill that matches what they do in Europe - or at least allows the 1.5%  of abortions that are done for reasons of rape or incest..  would be far more defensible.  I have a friend in Europe and they can't believe that either of these positions is advocated.

I'm afraid it won't hold up. Too much.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 10:34:37 PM »
Wouldn't hold up?  Most of Europe allows abortion during the 1st trimester, and then nope, nada zip.
Maybe too much for the die hard Liberals and too much for the die had lifers. For that squishy middle- polls suggest its about right.. so one party looks extreme and other other... does not.

The larger problem of course is that this bill isn't trying to please anyone - its sole purpose is to get liberals angry   and ready to vote.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 10:38:52 PM »
... we don't know when life begins any more than anyone else.

Oh bullcrap. 

"4. Pronuclei merge, within 12 hours. After fertilization, the packets of DNA from male and female — the pronuclei — approach, merge, and the intermingling chromosomes pair and part, as the first mitotic division looms. A new human genome forms. Following that first division, some genes from the new genome are accessed to make proteins, but maternal transcripts still dominate development.

https://blogs.plos.org/dnascience/2013/10/03/when-does-a-human-life-begins-17-timepoints/

I don't even know if I believe that, but let's give that guy a 12-hour benefit of the doubt.

... They scream they are coming for  your abortions each and every election - even when no one has said a damn thing.
Now they have a credible threat to point to

Correctomundo, so what's the diff between the Left screaming about a potential threat every election and a credible threat, when their voters are coming out regardless -- none.

The right is always hollering because none of our "representatives" ever push back on the advances of the Left.  Now they're pushing back, *finally*, and what do we hear from the pussyfooters?  The timing ain't right.  This is wrong, that is wrong.  I'll tell you what's wrong, murder of the innocent unborn.

The supposed strategy is to have the USSC turn the issue back to the States and I'm fine with that, with each State having its prescriptions and proscriptions, so if Little Miss Can't Be Wrong wants to haul ass across state lines to unf**k her mistake, then let it be on her immortal soul.

Abortion is going to happen; I, for one, don't want to help it do so where it can be avoided.

Oh, and PS:

... or at least allows the 1.5%  of abortions that are done for reasons of rape or incest.

Great.  So there will still be a death penalty for rape, but it'll be the child who pays it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 06:17:17 AM »
Most of Europe allows abortion during the 1st trimester, and then nope, nada zip.

Which is what I would push for, for now.  If you're raped, you have 3 months.  No longer.

I would guess it's probably 77% that support an abortion in the first trimester.  That's just the reality of today's America.  You don't have to like it.  Heck, even South Dakota put it to a vote, a few years ago.  As red as SD is, a straight up ban on abortion lost at the polls.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 10:52:55 AM »
The right is always hollering because none of our "representatives" ever push back on the advances of the Left.  Now they're pushing back, *finally*, and what do we hear from the pussyfooters?  The timing ain't right.  This is wrong, that is wrong.  I'll tell you what's wrong, murder of the innocent unborn.

The supposed strategy is to have the USSC turn the issue back to the States and I'm fine with that, with each State having its prescriptions and proscriptions, so if Little Miss Can't Be Wrong wants to haul ass across state lines to unf**k her mistake, then let it be on her immortal soul.

That's the reason I kicked off the thread - I can certainly see the point of using this to rally/leverage votes against a second Trump term - but I think he has a hedge of protection wrapped around him (how else could he survive the evil onslaught aimed against him?).

Stand for what's right & let the chips fall as they may . . .

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 09:46:09 AM »
And on Cue...

https://www.dailyrepublic.com/all-dr-news/wires/state-nation-world/democrats-shift-to-seize-on-supreme-court-as-2020-campaign-issue/

I don't disagree with Pan or Pablo ( or anyone one else ) on this morally. And yes the babies of rape or incest pay for it.
This is war and triage is necessary. 

Others - within  their right of conscience, do disagree - and those who can't see the plain facts that Pablo and Pan and others point out past their own selfish needs - shouldn't be parents.

Is it just? No
Is it moral? No
Is it practical to let them have their way because we are in a god damn war for the nation? Yes.
Wars are never just, good or moral.  They are often  necessary.

We need as few people motivated to interfere with that as possible -  Letting the chips fall where they may is simply bad tactics. In a war you decide the battlefield. You decide when to engage  and when  to run. Standing on principles will get you killed. Period.   

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2019, 12:51:42 PM »

We need as few people motivated to interfere with that as possible -  Letting the chips fall where they may is simply bad tactics. In a war you decide the battlefield. You decide when to engage  and when  to run. Standing on principles will get you killed. Period.

Thanks. I probably should have written "Stand for what's right & trust God for the results."
'Let the chips fall where they may' implies sitting back & observing what happens. That's not my intention. The "chips" may involve us all in a bloody battle in which lives are taken by both sides. It may involve taking somebody out who gets too in your face @ a restaurant or on line for coffee. It also may involve recruiting as many voters for our side & making sure they vote on election day for a 2nd Trump term

It's all God's plan - and we're the players (and we MUST play those parts). In the beginning of Genesis, all is good - and @ the end of Revelation, it's clear that Jesus wins. But the part in the middle is the essence of struggles & battle. Each side claims to be "on the right side of history". As I read my Bible, however, it's crystal clear that progressives aren't.

They're not even close.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2019, 05:20:22 PM »

Thanks. I probably should have written "Stand for what's right & trust God for the results."

Admittedly better... but I certainly won't be raptured out.. I  will be here for the long haul and Revelations makes it pretty darn clear that those times will not be fun.

You will still need to decide when to stand and when to crouch and when to play dead.

God's plans are often filled with suffering and death.. and fighting to minimize that is still a noble aim-- dying in a morally justified blaze of glory does not always best serve the (His) cause.
We are reaching a point where not being born might be  a mercy, and standing for what is right now will prevent the better outcome later
Its entirely possible God has abandoned America to the same  fate as  Sodom..

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 06:40:08 AM »
There are two problems with comprises: 1) the obvious - incrementalism that always favors the Left and only the Left and 2) a compromise law does nothing to settle the constitutional merits or lack thereof of Roe v Wade whereas a straight clean bill does...there is no constitutional basis for what the 1972 court pulled out of its ass...otherwise if the take one life to save another argument (another extreme case like rape & incest for a practice that is overwhelmingly elective) is to be valid then Katie bar the door because I have a host of situations to apply that standard to and I bet I am far from alone!

With all respect to different opinions, f**k compromise...all it does is postpone the inevitable and piss me off even more.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 08:50:43 AM »
I wasn't proposing a compromise, temporary, permanent or otherwise.
I was talking about triage and tactics.
Arguments about what is best or moral are for civilized places in civilized times with civilized and honest people willing to deal with others honorably and in good faith