Author Topic: Russian & Chinese interests in Niger and area starting to make sense now  (Read 176 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/coup-niger-could-derail-strategic-pipeline

More control of European energy, cut into US sales to Europe...simple.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

I know nothing about this area. I keep waiting for the MSM to tell me a fairy tale about the good guys with the white hats and the bad guys with the black hats.

In the alt media I am tired of hearing how the Niger poverty is due to western exploitation. That may be true in part. I learned from Thomas Sowell that some times the conquerors benefit the conquered, sometimes the reverse, sometimes mutual.

I recall a Nigerian example. One region with tribe 1 was conquered by Brits w Christian missionary schools who taught the 3 Rs. One region with tribe 2 was conquered by Muslims w Islamic schools who taught the Koran. When the Brits left all the govt jobs would have done to tribe 1 so tribe 2 asked the Brits to stay or come back to prevent this.

The Chinese civilized the conquering Mongols. The Romans raised the Brit standard of living.  I think the Brits benefited the Indians.

As a factual matter the Russians and Chinese are very racially biased. Russian certainly gets good press in Africa. I have no idea as to whether this is deserved. One of the DNA guys gave a grim prognosis on Africa due to low IQ and what was left of his career was destroyed.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

I heard some stuff. Niger is  important due to uranium, oil pipeline, and 2 US drone bases for 12 years. The president was Muslim and seen by some as too soft on putting down a couple groups of Muslim terrorists. So the military launched a coup. Victoria Nuland tried a charm offensive, without the charm, and they told her to pound sand.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Nuland is a menace.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
True...

But seems like nothing justified/poetic ever happens to menaces...

...they just get more and more power...

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Russian & Chinese interests in Niger and area starting to make sense now
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 11:59:17 AM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/09/powder-keg-africa-mali-niger-burkina-faso-sign/

Nothing good in Africa...NOTHING!

And we should have nothing to do with it...

Having said that I know a person with a young relative serving in Niger alongside French soldiers...he said the French rude and arrogant people...well, some things never change...I know what he is doing there and I do not like it, but he's young and gung-ho and likes what he does...

Damn bad venue though IMO!