Author Topic: Ad blocking software blocks comments  (Read 2063 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Ad blocking software blocks comments
« on: July 13, 2019, 12:26:42 PM »
Firefox browser has had ad-blocking software for some time, but now article comments won't appear without unblocking on multiple websites and blogs.  This just happened yesterday, as far as I can tell.

Most of the time, comments degenerate into a cesspool, but even Belmont Club (subsidiary of PJ Media, feh!) is doing it.  It's put up with the slow loading because of all the ads or click off without checking comments.  So be it, then; they can all FOAD.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online paulh

• Established Member
Re: Ad blocking software blocks comments
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 01:22:10 PM »
Yeah, I end up leaving any newspaper article because of it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Ad blocking software blocks comments
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 10:36:38 AM »
It's gone totally batshyt-crazy...ZeroHedge became riddled with them and reduced my time spent there by a large magnitude...that and the insufferable loons that dominate there.  A lot of times if I can't read something I say eff 'em and leave.  The ones that really make me want to stomp a skull in are the ones that tell you to disable your ad-block or VPN...they can FOAD!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.