Author Topic: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month  (Read 831 times)

charlesoakwood

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month
« on: June 02, 2011, 09:27:47 AM »

Presidential Proclamation–Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
A PROCLAMATION

The story of America’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) community is the story of our fathers and sons, our mothers and daughters, and our friends and neighbors who continue the task of making our country a more perfect Union. It is a story about the struggle to realize the great American promise that all people can live with dignity and fairness under the law. Each June, we commemorate the courageous individuals who have fought to achieve this promise for LGBT Americans, and we rededicate ourselves to the pursuit of equal rights for all, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.

Since taking office, my Administration has made significant progress towards achieving equality for LGBT Americans. Last December, I was proud to sign the repeal of the discriminatory “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy. With this repeal, gay and lesbian Americans will ...

Full proclamation at Link

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:49:48 AM »
Great, that's all we need to ensure our demise.

Did any Romans make it out of Rome alive before they fell?

What's next, queer-nation partying it up at the White House?

::puke::

::cussing::

::gaah::

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:41:51 AM »
"...the struggle to realize the great American promise that all people can live with dignity and fairness..."

I don't remember that "dignity and fairness" part. In fact, I don't remember anything about a "great American promise" either. Who (or what) does this sonofabitch think he is?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 11:57:11 AM »
"...the struggle to realize the great American promise that all people can live with dignity and fairness..."

I don't remember that "dignity and fairness" part. In fact, I don't remember anything about a "great American promise" either. Who (or what) does this sonofabitch think he is?

Al bin Messiah.

He actually believes he can bestow "dignity and fairness" on some by confiscating them from others; that's the conclusion I draw, not only from this mis-characterization of America's original ideals, but from every act since he was immaculated.

I believe, as well, that he's become a little insane.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:18:40 PM »
...He actually believes he can bestow "dignity and fairness" on some by confiscating them from others; that's the conclusion I draw, not only from this mis-characterization of America's original ideals, but from every act since he was immaculated.

I think "mis-characterization" might even be going a little light on him. "Dignity and Fairness" comes from a whole 'nother manifesto, and it hasn't got a whit to do with any "great American promise" I've ever heard of. He wants to create an entirely different compact between government and citizens, and he believes his utterance speaketh it into existence.

Insane? Perhaps.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 12:27:10 PM »
...He actually believes he can bestow "dignity and fairness" on some by confiscating them from others; that's the conclusion I draw, not only from this mis-characterization of America's original ideals, but from every act since he was immaculated.

I think "mis-characterization" might even be going a little light on him. "Dignity and Fairness" comes from a whole 'nother manifesto, and it hasn't got a whit to do with any "great American promise" I've ever heard of. He wants to create an entirely different compact between government and citizens, and he believes his utterance speaketh it into existence.

How would you characterize it, then?  A lie?

Insane? Perhaps.

Leaning toward probably because we agree on the premise that he knows he can speaketh such as he desires into existence.

Around here, we say "liberalism" is a mental disease (nothing liberal about it -- it's totalitarianism) because the infected believe they can create reality by dint of what they say and how they want it to be; that they can rule it into being.  That's insanity in my book.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »
Quote from: Pandora
Around here, we say "liberalism" is a mental disease (nothing liberal about it -- it's totalitarianism) because the infected believe they can create reality by dint of what they say and how they want it to be; that they can rule it into being.  That's insanity in my book.

Yeah, when I was in college two of the more infuriatingly platitudinous little slogans had just become popular, and they were quickly seen everywhere in bumper sticker and t-shirt form. One was "Mean People Suck" and the other, more to your point here, was "Question Reality"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly