Author Topic: Latest book you've read  (Read 46955 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Latest book you've read
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2019, 08:18:03 AM »
Lethal Agent by 'Vince Flynn - Kyle Mills n ow writing for him'  next in the Mitch Rapp Series

Yeah, Kyle's doing alright with it, I'll give that one a run.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2019, 10:19:52 AM »
Finished reading " Land of Wolves", by Craig Johnson.  Typicaly good reading of Walt Longmire series.
Starting Lethal Agent in the Mich Rapp series.  Tomorrow 'Blue Moon' in the Jack Reacher series is coming so I better read fast.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2019, 09:29:39 PM »
Just finished Lethal Agent by Kyle Mills/ for 'Vince Flynn'[ Mills in my opinion does a good job writing in Flynn's style ]--  good read-- you will notice same characters in book resemble familiar people today, also with some hoping the same outcome -- 'nuf said.

Now onto 'Blue Moon' by Lee Child another in the Jack Reacher series - entertaining fiction  ::laughonfloor:: [ 6'5" book version Jack Reacher - movie version played by Tom Cruise is what 5'5"-6" - I always smile at the humor - oh well as I said entertaining-- Jack Reacher a Superman without the cape].
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 09:43:27 PM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2019, 03:21:27 AM »
Rusty, I recently got into the Jack Reacher series (second hand bookstore, donchaknow) and I, too, found the height discrepancy between books and movies amusing.  Say what ya will, I like Cruise in the part -- he acts "big".

I didn't know there was a Walt Longmire series.  I really enjoyed the tv programs, so I've got another on my list for the bookstore, and thank you.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2019, 07:50:44 AM »
I have been lacking in my reading, still have that book Pan turned me on to I bought online...between folks and the lake and then work getting busy I just haven't had the time...that will change between now and Spring...so I have that book (sorry, forget the title off the top of my head) Lethal Agent as mentioned by Rusty, The Deserter by the DeMille's, Game of Snipers by Stephen Hunter (Swagger)...plus I got the bug to by nice leather-bound copies of Homer's Odyssey & Iliad (not read since a youngster) and the complete works for Shakespeare (of whom I've read only a few tales and those also long ago)...and if that isn't enough to get me through the winter I'll look into some Schlicter books as mentioned by Todd earlier.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2019, 01:46:35 PM »
I didn't know there was a Walt Longmire series.  I really enjoyed the tv programs, so I've got another on my list for the bookstore, and thank you.

Pandora - If it helps here is a list of the Longmire books in order;'  I've read all the novels, but none ofd the short stories.  Also have most of the movies and they hardly follow the books in  their theme.

Full Novels;  1.- The Cold Dish  2. Death Without Company  3. Kindness goes Unpunished  4. Another Mans Moccasins  5. The Dark Horse  6. Junkyard Dogs  7. Hell Is Empty  8. As The Crow Flies  9. A Serpent's Tooth  9.1. Spirit of Steamboat [both same year- 2013] 10. Any Other Name  10.0  10.1 Wait for Signs Again Same year 2014]  11. Dry Bones  11.1 The Highwayman [Same Year 2015]  12. The Obvious Fact  13. Western Star  14. Depth of Winter  15. Land of Wolves

Short Stories;  Divorce Horse [2012]  //  Christmas in Absaroka County  [2012]  //  Messenger  [2013]

Can also give you the list in order of Jack Reacher series but it is long, [#24 is Blue Moon and 25 isn't out until sometime in 2o2o]  Will say that supposedly his first was The Killing Field in 1997,  but he wrote three later - The Enemy in 2004 / Night School in 2016 / and The Affair in 2011.  Those thre in that order really start the series of Jack Reacher, but I don't know why he wrote them that way.  Those three were about his Army Life and things that went on.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 02:03:24 PM by rustybayonet »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2019, 03:56:10 PM »
Thank you.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"