Author Topic: Chick Fil A changes "philanthropic structure"  (Read 1843 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Chick Fil A changes "philanthropic structure"
« on: November 18, 2019, 03:19:05 PM »
... To Stop Donations To Charities With Anti-LGBT Views

... “There’s no question we know that, as we go into new markets, we need to be clear about who we are,” Chick-fil-A President and Chief Operating Officer Tim Tassopoulos said in an interview with Bisnow. “There are lots of articles and newscasts about Chick-fil-A, and we thought we needed to be clear about our message.” The new initiative will no longer include donating to organizations like the Salvation Army, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Paul Anderson Youth Home, Chick-fil-A says, all of which sparked criticism in the past from the LGBT community due to the organizations’ stances on homosexuality.

... Starting next year, the Chick-fil-A Foundation plans to give $9M to organizations like Junior Achievement USA to support education, Covenant House International to fight homelessness and community food banks for its hunger initiative in each city where the chain operates. The company intends to dedicate $25K to a local food bank each time it opens a new location.

Too much pushback from cities and airports about the homo issue.  I believe the Salvation Army does not have "anti-LBGT views", but that ain't enough for these degenerates; one has to celebrate them.

I wonder what Dan Cathy thinks about his company's new President and COO caving.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Chick Fil A changes "philanthropic structure"
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 06:21:19 PM »
You knew it was only a matter of time until the family handed off operations to outside Harvard MBA types.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 07:16:21 PM »
Just some random information & to point out that nobody gets EVERYTHING wrong ALL the time.

As of 2019, the following jurisdictions prescribe the death penalty for homosexuality:

Afghanistan. A new Penal Code enacted in February 2018 explicitly criminalises same-sex sexual conduct. Sources cited by ILGA indicate that there is a "broad consensus amongst scholars that execution was the appropriate punishment if homosexual acts could be proven”.[1] The sharia category of zina (illicit sexual intercourse), which according to some traditional Islamic legal schools may entail the hadd (sharia-prescribed) punishment of stoning, when strict evidential requirements are met. The Hanafi school, prevalent in Afghanistan, does not regard homosexual acts as a hadd crime, although Afghan judges may potentially apply the death penalty for a number of reasons. No known death sentences for homosexuality have been passed since the end of Taliban rule in 2001.[2][3]

Brunei's Sharia Penal Code, implemented in stages since 2014, prescribes death by stoning as punishment for same-sex relations.[4] After international backlash, in May 2019, the Sultan of Brunei explained that a "de facto" moratorium on the execution of the death penalty has been in force in the country for the last two decades.[5] This moratorium could be lifted at any time.

Iran.[6] Homosexual intercourse is declared a capital offense in Iran's Islamic Penal Code, enacted in 1991. Though the grounds for execution in Iran are difficult to track, there is evidence that several people were hanged for homosexual behavior in 2005-2006 and in 2016, in some cases on dubious charges of rape.[7][8]

Mauritania.[6] According to a 1984 law, Muslim men can be stoned for engaging in homosexual sex, though no executions have occurred so far.[9] The country observes a moratorium on the execution of the death penalty since 1987.[10]

Nigeria, where several northern states have adopted sharia-based criminal laws.[11]

Pakistan, where the death penalty for homosexual acts is technically permitted by the law, but not applied in practice.[6]

Qatar, applicable only to Muslims, for extramarital sex regardless of the gender of the participants. There is no evidence that the death penalty has been applied for consensual same-sex relations taking place between adults and in private.[12]

Saudi Arabia, which does not have codified criminal laws.[6] According to the country's interpretation of sharia, a married man who commits sodomy, or a non-Muslim who engages in sodomy with a Muslim, can be stoned to death.[9] There were unconfirmed reports that two cross-dressing Pakistani nationals were killed by Saudi authorities in 2017, which Saudi officials have denied.[6]

Somalia ( Jubaland), where Islamic courts have imposed sharia-based death penalties in some southern regions.[6][9]

Sudan, for a third conviction.[6]

United Arab Emirates: Legal experts disagree on whether the federal law of the United Arab Emirates prescribes the death penalty for consensual gay sex or only for rape.[9] Article 354 of the Federal Penal Code states: "whoever resorts to coercion in sexual intercourse with a female or homosexuality with a male, shall be punished by the death penalty."[13] A recent Amnesty International report claims that there are no instances of death sentences for homosexual acts.[9]

Yemen: If the same-sex activity occurs outside of marriage, the death penalty can be enforced.[14] Oftentimes, death is the resulting penalty due to honor killings and vigilante executions.[15]

Queer today . . . gone tomorrow.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 07:21:10 AM »
You knew it was only a matter of time until the family handed off operations to outside Harvard MBA types.

Good guess, but no...not that it matters much given most colleges and universities are hives of Marxist and Mohammadan cultists and sundry deviants, pervs and miscreants...this poor misguided bastard is a Georgetown alum -

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/Board-Officers/Executive-Officers/Tim-Tassopoulos

More telling...he is still connected to the (Soy)Boy Scouts...even after they capitulated to perversity, so that indicates a predilection for appeasement of un-normals.

https://twitter.com/roddreher/status/1196484675205775360

Yes...shame!

I think they're taking a financial hit on this.  Totally self-inflicted.  On a personal note...I despise cowards.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 07:44:52 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 09:04:51 AM »
Harvard/Georgetown - potato/potahto; same church, different pew.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 05:28:00 AM »
Georgetown MBA, with a dose of Poli Sci thrown in for good measure.

Thoroughly incompetent.  Even "progressive" companies like Target have felt the heat when they attempted to throw the Salvation Army under the bus.  How could he have possibly thought this would play well...with anybody?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 11:10:39 AM »
It won't be enough.  The Alphabet People smell blood in the water now; they'll be making further demands real soon .......

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 08:25:26 PM »
  Screw them.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 12:05:39 PM »
What John said! 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.