Author Topic: EPA Administrator Confirms: No fracking water contamination  (Read 1864 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
At a U.S. House Oversight Committee hearing yesterday ... EPA administrator, Lisa Jackson, admitted the environmental risk of hydraulic fracturing is practically nonexistent.

“I’m not aware of any proven case where the fracking process itself has affected water, although there are investigations ongoing,” she said.

I'm sure she and the EPA are beating the bushes right now looking for at least one.  The EPA's "study" of the issue is to be concluded in 2012.

There was a link to this in the comments, and I have since found this:

http://science.house.gov/hearing/full-committee-hearing-hydraulic-fracturing-technology-0

Links to testimony, interesting and informative.  I know Weisshaupt has questions; maybe this will help.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:38:25 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: EPA Administrator Confirms: No fracking water contamination
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 02:46:10 PM »
So not aware, but investigations continue?  I got that right?

::gaah::

They are on a hunt for a solution without a problem!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »

This is one more thing we will lose if we elect a RINO.  These people are worse to America than if we were physically attacked by a standing army.  They are hell's mercenaries.  

The following article is for fee but just reading this second paragraph illustrates that fracking is being used for over ten years to no ill affect.  

[blockquote]
Link  

One autumn morning in 1998, a soft-spoken, ruddy-faced petroleum engineer named Dennis Phelps walked out of his office at the Atlantic Richfield Company in downtown Midland and drove a company car, a four-door Chevrolet, to M. T. Boultinghouse 11-7, an oil well that had just been drilled amid some cactus and a few scraggly mesquite trees twenty miles south of the city’s airport. He parked several yards from the wellhead and stepped inside a small RV that was outfitted with some tables and chairs, a computer, and a coffeepot. Taped to one wall was a long sheet of paper that looked like nothing but a series of squiggly lines: a seismic well log.
[/blockquote]

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 04:10:08 PM »
Where's Algore on this he could clear it up in an instant.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
He's busy talking to DSK about sharing his little black book.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 07:06:49 PM »

Usually they just create a problem then go about with a solution that doesn't work.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 07:39:07 PM »

Usually they just create a problem then go about with a solution that doesn't work.

::thumbsup::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 02:00:48 PM »

Link

Yesterday, Elizabeth Ames Jones, Chairman of the Texas Railroad Commission, testified with other experts and the Environmental Protection Agency at the US House Committee on Science, Space and Technology’s hearing regarding hydraulic fracturing.

Jones stated, “It is morally wrong to deprive Americans the benefit of their God-given natural energy resources because a few special interest Grimm Brothers insist on perpetuating fairy tales.”

In light of the many activists’ allegations that hydraulic fracturing is polluting our water, Jones said, “it is geologically impossible for fracturing fluid or natural gas or oil to migrate upward through thousands of feet of rock, sometimes miles, to affect the water table.”

Jones declared, “you have a better chance of hitting the moon with a roman candle than fracturing into fresh water zones by hydraulic fracturing shale rock.”

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 07:12:57 AM »
More on those faery tales CO, and it is infuriating that Fox is helping spread this BS!

http://www.redstate.com/vladimir/2012/06/23/gaslands-josh-fox-cant-be-bothered-with-facts/

From all practical standpoints, it is physically and geomechanically impossible to induce a fracture in a well below 5,000 feet that extends into shallow freshwater sands above 1,000 feet. Fox’s cute little cartoon may be effective propaganda but it is not rooted in science or in any real world observation.

As usual, the anti-frackers as clueless about fracking as they are about any geological process or anything involving facts!

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 08:02:35 AM »

::thumbsup::

Oh, they already HAVE a solution.

Now they just have to find a problem that they can apply it too.

Wittingly or not, all these folks are VHEMT members.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 08:11:22 AM »
At a U.S. House Oversight Committee hearing yesterday ... EPA administrator, Lisa Jackson, admitted the environmental risk of hydraulic fracturing is practically nonexistent.

There is an important word in there, "practically."

What the so-called "greenies" strive for is a zero tolerance attitude toward environmental degradations; ie, no messing up anything that is as nature "intended!"  What they have forgotten (or most likely never knew) is that not only is nature very resilient, but even if a frac results in groundwater contamination, it is reasonably easy from an engineering standpoint to remediate.  In other words, a practical approach would be to accept some possibility or even probability with plans to clean it up later.   After all, there are a lot of places in the Northeast where the water has to be cleaned up out of the ground because of naturally occurring natural gas contamination.

Oh, and when it comes to regulatory bodies and the petroleum industry, the Texas Railroad Commission is hardly the lapdog of industry...so their testimony is a hearty, "Gawdamn y'all are some iggerant dumbasses there in DC!"
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.