Author Topic: Seattle Shake  (Read 94865 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Seattle Shake
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 01:33:26 PM »
More warnings for the Cascadia Subduction Zone -

The Pacific Northwest Seismic Network has detected more than 4,500 tremors over the past two weeks deep beneath the Olympic Peninsula and southern Vancouver Island and from another swarm stretching from Eugene to the Siskiyou Mountains.

The tsunami would bring water 20 to 80 – maybe even 100 – feet higher than today’s high tides. Most of the structures that have survived the killer quake but built too low will be smashed into by a devastating wall of water. And the next surge could be even higher, and the one after that higher still.
In addition, let us not forget that there are many extremely dangerous volcanoes in the Northwest that could reawaken suddenly.  I am particularly concerned about Mt. Rainier, and this is something that I have warned about extensively.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/magnitude-63-quake-oregon-coast-raises-concerns-cascadia-subduction-zone-could-soon-rupture

Quakes, tsunami, volcanic eruptions...one or two or all three...who knows?  Triggers for San Andreas and other faults?  Yellowstone caldera?   ::whatgives::

Lot of maybe's and I dunno's...one would be bad, two horrible...three horrendous...the full-meal deal...a nightmare.  There's just so much you can or cannot escape if it happens.

Scary part is, we've been major even free for what, a century?  Just a blip on the geological clock...could be past due...could be centuries off...despite sciences best guesses...they really do not know.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 02:13:36 PM »
Quakes, tsunami, volcanic eruptions...one or two or all three...who knows?  Triggers for San Andreas and other faults?  Yellowstone caldera?   ::whatgives::

Lot of maybe's and I dunno's...one would be bad, two horrible...three horrendous...the full-meal deal...a nightmare.  There's just so much you can or cannot escape if it happens.

Scary part is, we've been major even free for what, a century?  Just a blip on the geological clock...could be past due...could be centuries off...despite sciences best guesses...they really do not know.

But that won't stop the fear mongering!!!
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 03:08:42 PM »

But that won't stop the fear mongering!!!

And...as you may surmise by my trajectory...it makes me wonder what they want our eye taken away from?  We get all sorts of natural disaster warnings all the time...the mini-quakes in Yellowstone still occur and the magma still pushing up whatever it is, inch or two a year...and with a hurricane bearing down on Florida...well, some paranoid people (even justly so!) might be more heightened to other events that might be pending.

;)