Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 101782 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »
Heads definitely need to roll, but will they be the right heads and who beyond a good few people are going to push for it?!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »

we need a special prosecutor.

Allen West: We need a special prosecutor

As Mark Steyn describes it:  "United States taxpayers were picking up the tab for Mexican drug lords’ weaponry in order that the ATF could identify high-up gun-traffickers. But, as it turns out, these high-up gun-traffickers were already known to other agencies — FBI, DEA, and other big-spending acronyms in the great fetid ooze of federal alphabet soup

Rep. Allen West Calls for Eric Holder's Removal Over 'Fast and Furious'

Heads definitely need to roll, but will they be the right heads and who beyond a good few people are going to push for it?!

Yes, we need a special prosecutor before they shred all the evidence.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
ATF official: I told the White House about Fast & Furious
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2011, 01:30:19 PM »
ATF official: I told the White House about Fast & Furious

At a lengthy hearing on ATF's controversial gunwalking operation today, a key ATF manager told Congress he discussed the case with a White House National Security staffer as early as September 2010. The communications were between ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix office, Bill Newell, and White House National Security Director for North America Kevin O'Reilly. Newell said the two are longtime friends. The content of what Newell shared with O'Reilly is unclear and wasn't fully explored at the hearing.

It's the first time anyone has publicly stated that a White House official had any familiarity with ATF's operation Fast and Furious, which allowed thousands of weapons to fall into the hands of suspected traffickers for Mexican drug cartels in an attempt to gain intelligence. It's unknown as to whether O'Reilly shared information with anybody else at the White House.

Congressional investigators obtained an email from Newell to O'Reilly in September of last year in which Newell began with the words: "you didn't get this from me."

More at link, HT: HotAir...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2011, 01:59:17 PM »
If this doesn't bring down this administration, nothing will.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2011, 05:15:53 PM »
I don't see how it can as long as the media are his loyal supporters.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2011, 05:25:23 PM »
I don't see how it can as long as the media are his loyal supporters.

And that's the problem. As long as there is no special prosecuter put out there they will play dead. I'm hoping that they're holding back for the election so the King gets slammed with it every damned day.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2011, 02:46:35 PM »
It is a ticking bomb.

Only when some decide they have more to gain from bringing him down than covering up will they begin to feed on this....
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2011, 03:11:03 PM »
I can't get one stinking lib to nibble on this subjest. They look they sniff but run the other way.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2011, 03:38:09 PM »
I can't get one stinking lib to nibble on this subjest. They look they sniff but run the other way.

Because they can't obfuscate, spin, defend or deny, so they run.  Bloody cowards.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »

Because they can't obfuscate, spin, defend or deny, so they run.  Bloody cowards.

Now you know I'll be there nipping at their heals till somebody screams,foul or at very least racist.I can't wait.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2011, 01:03:11 PM »
Change Lures (bait) ::hysterical:: ::whoohoo::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

charlesoakwood

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »

DEA now linked to Operation Fast & Furious.

It would appear that the DEA does not want to be the fall guy in Operation Fast & Furious*, either: DEA head Michele M. Leonhart admitted in a letter to Senator Grassley (Judiciary) and Rep. Issa (Oversight) that her organization was in fact involved in the investigation, and provided support for it. This is a significant admission by Ms. Leonhart, given that (as Bob Owens** of Pajamas Media reminds us) there is an existing allegation by the former head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, & Explosives (BATFE) Phoenix office that the DEA was a full partner in the proceedings.

Read More ? http://www.redstate.com/moe_lane/2011/08/08/dea-now-linked-to-operation-fast-furious/  Associated links and citations included.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »
I just tossed COs link out to see if I can get a nibble.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2011, 06:47:42 AM »
They're gonna have to go higher, and name names and provide documents...and the higher that goes the greater the resistance and lack of documentation increases exponentially.

Holder should be imprisoned and Obama impeached and removed from office and prosecuted over this.

Anything less is an injustice.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2011, 07:15:59 AM »
The fact that we know so much but are hearing so little about prosecution, does not bode well. I pray to God that someone is building a case, brick-by-brick, and that this doesn't go down the memory hole.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2011, 07:32:55 AM »
Amen!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2011, 12:16:19 AM »
Per RedState:
...In other words, there’s a serious scandal going on. One that promises to be messy.
full article at link

Anyway, this report from the LA Times gives some more – both new, and interesting -  details about the operation.  To summarize:

• Acting Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, & Explosives (BAFTE) Deputy Director William Hoover* is claiming that he called a meeting (which included members of the Justice Department) in which he demanded an early end to the program.
        This alleged demand was allegedly marginalized by the Justice Department’s (in the form of the US Attorney General’s office) need for indictments.  Any indictments.
        No indictments were brought down for almost a year.  In the intervening time, Fast & Furious guns appeared in murder scenes involving both Mexicans and Americans.
        Numerous BATFE officials insist that the Justice Department was responsible for delays, despite numerous requests for movement on either ending the program, or bringing in indictments.
        The eventual indictments took place in January 2011.  It is not explained why Hoover, or anyone else at BATFE/DoJ, did not blow the whistle on this beforehand.

…OK, that’s me being disingenuous.  A lot of these people didn’t blow the whistle because the Obama administration hates whistle-blowers, and January 2011 also – coincidentally, no doubt – was when the Republicans took back control of the House, thus offering people some sort of protection against reprisal.  Thus the various mechanisms and policies grouped together as being ‘oversight’ began: so, what’s the next step?

Why, it’s seeing who in the Justice Department doesn’t want to go to jail, of course.  That’s always a fun thing to find out – at least, it’s fun if you’re not the one for whom the question has a personal resonance.

Moe Lane

I hope Moe is correct, this is excellent election year tinder and an entre to convictions at the highest level.  

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2011, 06:40:43 AM »
Not enough sharks...there's blood everywhere and not enough carnivores to attack the wounded...I fear the perps in The Regime are going to get away with yet another one...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »
Not enough sharks...there's blood everywhere and not enough carnivores to attack the wounded...I fear the perps in The Regime are going to get away with yet another one...

Right now I'm praying that the sharks are brushing and flossing so they're ready to go when the election draws near.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2011, 08:51:49 PM »

Right now I'm praying that the sharks are brushing and flossing so they're ready to go when the election draws near.

I'm not holding my breath on that one. ::gaah::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson