Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 103441 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #660 on: September 11, 2012, 07:01:55 AM »
Wow, I bet y'all are as eager as I am to see what kind of a whitewash scapegoating work of bovine excrement this Department of Injustice report by the Inferior General turns out to be, eh?!

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/248545-issa-forced-to-delay-fast-and-furious-hearing

This assholes report is to serve one and only one purpose - distract Issa's Committee and send them down as many empty rabbit holes has possible so no final report can come out before election day, period.

Anybody thinking otherwise really has to seek professional medical help immediately and have their head removed...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #661 on: September 19, 2012, 03:08:47 PM »
The yahoo headline that made me click on it stated Holder found not responsible.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department's internal watchdog on Wednesday faulted the agency for misguided strategies, errors in judgment and management failures during a bungled gun-trafficking probe in Arizona that disregarded public safety and resulted in hundreds of weapons turning up at crime scenes in the U.S. and Mexico.

Two senior officials left the department, one by resignation and one by retirement, upon the report's release.

In the 471-page report, Inspector General Michael Horowitz referred more than a dozen people for possible department disciplinary action for their roles in Operation Fast and Furious and a separate, earlier probe known as Wide Receiver, undertaken during the George W. Bush administration.

The report did not criticize Attorney General Eric Holder, but said lower-level officials should have briefed him about the investigation much earlier.

The report found no evidence that Holder was informed about the Fast and Furious operation before Jan. 31, 2011, or that the attorney general was told about the much-disputed gun-walking tactic employed by the department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
link

move along now...
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #662 on: September 19, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »
The yahoo headline that made me click on it stated Holder found not responsible.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department's internal watchdog on Wednesday faulted the agency for misguided strategies, errors in judgment and management failures during a bungled gun-trafficking probe in Arizona that disregarded public safety and resulted in hundreds of weapons turning up at crime scenes in the U.S. and Mexico.

Two senior officials left the department, one by resignation and one by retirement, upon the report's release.

In the 471-page report, Inspector General Michael Horowitz referred more than a dozen people for possible department disciplinary action for their roles in Operation Fast and Furious and a separate, earlier probe known as Wide Receiver, undertaken during the George W. Bush administration.

The report did not criticize Attorney General Eric Holder, but said lower-level officials should have briefed him about the investigation much earlier.

The report found no evidence that Holder was informed about the Fast and Furious operation before Jan. 31, 2011, or that the attorney general was told about the much-disputed gun-walking tactic employed by the department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
link

move along now...

What a bunch of crap.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #663 on: September 19, 2012, 03:30:05 PM »
Fox watching the hen house, "what missing chickens, there are no missing chickens".
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #664 on: September 19, 2012, 03:35:44 PM »
There is no such thing as justice anymore. That died along with the rest of the 1st American Republic. The only chance of it coming back is with a new, 2nd American Republic.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #665 on: September 19, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »
There is no such thing as justice anymore. That died along with the rest of the 1st American Republic. The only chance of it coming back is with a new, 2nd American Republic.

Yup, told you I did the IG report would be a whitewash faulting only lower level flunkies.  This is the Age of Obama, or more descriptively "the Age of not being held responsible", well, these statists pricks may think they will get away with it, perhaps this will make it more difficult for Issa to move forward with his investigation (no doubt this IG will be called to the Hill), but in the end these bastards cannot escape We the People, it just may take longer is all, and their actions have guaranteed that the mechanism will be by watering the Tree of Liberty once again.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #666 on: September 19, 2012, 10:06:54 PM »
Man's justice is a feeble thing. But Divine justice is omnipotent and all-knowing. All involved will have to answer for the hundreds of deaths they directly contributed to.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #667 on: September 20, 2012, 07:19:26 AM »
Beyond feeble under the Obama Regime - More not too shocking info on the IG report...White House said f**k YOU to being questioned...

The report on Operation Fast and Furious released today by the Justice Department's Office of Inspector General says a member of the White House National Security staff declined to be interviewed for the inspector general's investigation and that the White House itself did not produce internal documents for the investigation because the White House said it was "beyond the purview" of the inspector general.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/doj-fast-and-furious-report-wh-aide-declined-interview-ig-white-house-did-not-produce

If any random Pubbie did this the impeachment, conviction and removal would be completed before sundown...

::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #668 on: September 20, 2012, 01:08:30 PM »

Expecting justice was a bit much, `eh?

Whelp, one more thing on the plate for Romney?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #669 on: September 20, 2012, 01:59:44 PM »
Obama makes Nixon look like a petty crook!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #670 on: September 21, 2012, 11:37:31 AM »

So, there was no political will or support to pursue the bastards.  
If this had been John Q. Citizen he'd be in jail.

At a hearing of the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee on Thursday, Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Tex.) asked Horowitz, “You noted also in your report that the White House refused to share internal communications with you during your investigation of Fast and Furious. We've noted a connection into the White House through Kevin O'Reilly at the National Security Council.  Do you think the White House’s refusal to share these documents limited the scope of your investigation? Would this committee be well served by pursuing an investigation into that avenue?”

Horowitz answered, “Well, as we noted in the report, and as you know, congressman, we did not get internal communications from the White House and Mr. O’Reilly’s unwillingness to speak to us made it impossible for us to pursue that angle of the case and the question that had been raised."

Farenthold: "So it would probably be worthwhile for us to pursue?"

Horowitz: "Well, certainly we have sought to pursue every lead we could. So, I can tell you, from our standpoint it was a lead we wanted to follow.”

Farenthold came into congress in 2010 on the Tea Party wave from a densely populated Mexican district.  Unlike California they want follow through on this.  
It would also be a political bonus for a freshman. I think Grassley said he wasn't going to let it go either.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #671 on: September 21, 2012, 11:46:45 AM »
Uhh, yeah...persue with armed Marshalls in tow and a kick-ass now KMA later attitude...just GET IT!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #672 on: September 21, 2012, 11:53:24 AM »
Oh, did y'all see the latest from the LPOS (Lying Piece Of sh*t)?

“Well, first of all, I think it’s important to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program, begun under the previous administration,” Obama said. “When Eric Holder found out about it, he discontinued it. We assigned an inspector general to do a thorough report that was just issued — confirming that in fact Eric Holder did not know about this, that he took prompt action and that the people who did initiate this were held accountable. But, what I think is most important is recognizing that we’ve got a challenge in terms of weapons flowing south, and the strategy that was pursued out of Arizona, obviously, was completely wrongheaded. Those folks who were responsible have been held accountable. The question now is, how do we move forward with a strategy that will actually work?”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/20/obama-slammed-on-fast-and-furious-in-spanish-language-tv-interview-shouldnt-you-fire-eric-holder/#ixzz277kSDPsN

What a gutless lying pig!!!

Fraking Pubbies have got to stop playing nice with this thug!!!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #673 on: September 21, 2012, 12:06:20 PM »
“ We assigned an inspector general to do a thorough report that was just issued — confirming that in fact Eric Holder did not know about this,

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #674 on: September 21, 2012, 12:28:30 PM »

More decorations.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #675 on: September 21, 2012, 12:34:36 PM »

More decorations.

Same decorations, more reasons...   ;)

charlesoakwood

« Reply #676 on: September 21, 2012, 03:21:21 PM »

And that’s via- ABC News, not the Weekly Standard.

I think Obama is accustomed to getting away with just about anything.
So, he doesn’t expect to be called on it when he lies.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #677 on: September 21, 2012, 05:45:42 PM »

And that’s via- ABC News, not the Weekly Standard.

I think Obama is accustomed to getting away with just about anything.
So, he doesn’t expect to be called on it when he lies.

If ABC news is reporting it, maybe the chit is fixing to hit the fan. I can only hope....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #678 on: September 21, 2012, 06:40:54 PM »
Sorry to rain on an already soggy parade but the only reason abc feels safe to acknowledge this is because they know that the fix is in. Nothing to see here - just go about your miserable little lives.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #679 on: September 22, 2012, 12:36:38 PM »
Yeah, but the fix cannot be cemented in without the willingness of the Pubbies to tuck tail and run.  If these thugs get away with it it will be because our team dropped the ball.

Tell me again why I need this team?