Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 101701 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 06:47:17 AM »
Grassley is right.  This has to go higher than Melson, but The Regime is wanting to throw Melson under the bus...while Holder & Co destroy/alter evidence to cover their sorry asses...the time to press this hard is rapidly closing...the evidence trail is shutting down...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Shock Claim: GunRunner Funded by Obama Stimulus
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 01:43:47 PM »
Links to bill content & prior posts @ FreeRepublic...

Operation Gunrunner was funded by the 2009 Stimulus Package

Something about Project Gunrunner (gunwalker, fast and furious) has been bugging me but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

This morning when I woke up I remember seeing Project Gunrunner in a bill that was discussed here. The original thread about it was a rumor thread that HR45 had been rolled into the stimulus package.

In that thread I scanned the text of H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 for gun, firearm, etc and came up with a hit.

I posted in the thread: "Only time “gun” or “firearm” appears is in the part that give $10,000,000 to the ATF for Project Gunrunner. That was H.R. 495, asking for 15,000,000 for Gunrunner".

H.R. 495 that I mentioned never made it out of committee, but it looks as it was to specifically fund Gunrunner.

Instead portions of it were rolled into the stimulus package a month later. That text found in H.R.1 is:

For an additional amount for ‘State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance’, $40,000,000, for competitive grants to provide assistance and equipment to local law enforcement along the Southern border and in High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas to combat criminal narcotics activity stemming from the Southern border, of which $10,000,000 shall be transferred to ‘Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Salaries and Expenses’ for the ATF Project Gunrunner.

Notice that's $40,000,000 for Southern border enforcement, $10,000,000 of which specifically for Project Gunrunner. What does $10 million pay for here? It didn't hire any new agents that I am aware of.

What this tells me is that several congressmen also had knowledge of what Gunrunner was going to entail. This isn't just the ATF and DOJ. This is all levels and areas of government. Even members of the House and Senate knew what Project Gunrunner was.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 02:11:11 PM »
This is what needs to wrapped around his skinny neck like a milstone till 2012!! Bastards!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »
This is what needs to wrapped around his skinny neck like a milstone till 2012!! Bastards!

This ....

"What this tells me is that several congressmen also had knowledge of what Gunrunner was going to entail. This isn't just the ATF and DOJ. This is all levels and areas of government. Even members of the House and Senate knew what Project Gunrunner was."

... is what they're trying to wrap around Issa's neck.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 06:01:31 PM »

Wrap this up, put a bow on it, and publish it. 
I've got an itchy recommend finger.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 06:17:48 PM »

This ....

"What this tells me is that several congressmen also had knowledge of what Gunrunner was going to entail. This isn't just the ATF and DOJ. This is all levels and areas of government. Even members of the House and Senate knew what Project Gunrunner was."

From what I'm reading, the original concept (which the current form no longer bears any resemblance to) originated in the Bush administration. What they've apparently done is hijack a program to monitor terrorists and their gun-running habits and turn it into an outcome-based anti-gun propaganda program.

I'll eat my hat if any pubbies are shown to have knowledge or participation in this fiasco.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 06:26:39 PM »

This ....

From what I'm reading, the original concept (which the current form no longer bears any resemblance to) originated in the Bush administration. What they've apparently done is hijack a program to monitor terrorists and their gun-running habits and turn it into an outcome-based anti-gun propaganda program.

I'll eat my hat if any pubbies are shown to have knowledge or participation in this fiasco.

Yes; the protocols under Bush were stopping the straw-purchasers before they crossed the border.  Some of the R's may have known of that operation, but this bullsht?  I can't see it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 06:38:12 PM »

This ....

Yes; the protocols under Bush were stopping the straw-purchasers before they crossed the border.  Some of the R's may have known of that operation, but this bullsht?  I can't see it.

Dumb as the pubbies can be I don't think they had anything to do with this. ::praying::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 06:50:09 PM »
Good catch 'Soup, I think you're on the money.

And as much as the Dem's would like to create Repub complicity to give them CYA it just isn't in the evidence...Issa needs to push this really hard.  This Regime is complete off the reservation on so many issues, and this one got a guy killed, this can end this regime if it is prosecuted to the fullest extent possible, but the kid gloves and play nice stuff has to end, they have to use every club in the bag and tee off on these SOB's!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »

That proper prod you were talking about - somebody needs to figure it out and use it on no-Boehner and oh-Myth.

We've got a three ring circus of a circular firing squad, a tribe of cannibals, and a can of worms. 

charlesoakwood

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2011, 10:41:21 PM »

43 “Fast and Furious” Guns Recovered in Phoenix Traffic Stop

VIDEO LINK

Fox link

Documents filed in federal court reveal five suspects named in the case are accused of conspiring to possess and distribute "500 grams or more of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of methamphetamine..."...

Agents recovered at least 59 weapons during the bust. The ABC15 Investigators found 43 are connected to the Fast and Furious case with certainty.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 06:44:04 AM »

That proper prod you were talking about - somebody needs to figure it out and use it on no-Boehner and oh-Myth.

We've got a three ring circus of a circular firing squad, a tribe of cannibals, and a can of worms. 

A fustercluck!

::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 06:48:35 AM »

43 “Fast and Furious” Guns Recovered in Phoenix Traffic Stop

VIDEO LINK

Fox link

Documents filed in federal court reveal five suspects named in the case are accused of conspiring to possess and distribute "500 grams or more of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of methamphetamine..."...

Agents recovered at least 59 weapons during the bust. The ABC15 Investigators found 43 are connected to the Fast and Furious case with certainty.

Well, I'm sure Obamakov is disappointed in this seizure, those arms were meant to slaughter a bunch of American's before being captured so as to give Obamakov and the rest of the domestic enemies the proper context to curtail our 2nd Amendment rights!  An enterprising DA might have a better shot at introducing evidence at trial documenting the complicity of the Obamakov Regime in gun trafficking and violence than our hapless leaders on the Hill!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 08:03:36 AM »
 Hey what's the problem with our government selling guns to drug runners? We neeed the cash!
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »
Breitbart puts another log on the investigations fire:

Darrell Issa blew the cover off what appears to be one of the biggest political cover-ups in the last 50 years.

Anyway, the problem with Holder’s feigned ignorance is that he gave a speech in Cuernavaca, Mexico, on April 2, 2009, in which he boasted about Operation “Gunrunner” and told Mexican authorities of everything he was doing to insure its success.

Holder told the audience:
[blockquote]

Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels.  My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion.
[/blockquote]

One of Representative Issa’s staffers is on record saying: “[The Operation] ‘Gunrunner’ investigation points much higher than [the] ATF director.”

Does that mean it points toward Holder or Holder’s office?

Does 3 + 3 equal 6?

Read it all at LINK
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:18:42 AM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 11:16:52 AM »
I don't want just the log, I want both nuts in the fire too!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 11:59:20 AM »
I don't want just the log, I want both nuts in the fire too!

All I can think about are two words!!SCOOTER LIBBY!somebody better be going to jail!
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 01:49:59 PM »
Breitbart puts another log on the investigations fire:

Darrell Issa blew the cover off what appears to be one of the biggest political cover-ups in the last 50 years.

Anyway, the problem with Holder’s feigned ignorance is that he gave a speech in Cuernavaca, Mexico, on April 2, 2009, in which he boasted about Operation “Gunrunner” and told Mexican authorities of everything he was doing to insure its success.

Holder told the audience:
[blockquote]

Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels.  My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion.
[/blockquote]

One of Representative Issa’s staffers is on record saying: “[The Operation] ‘Gunrunner’ investigation points much higher than [the] ATF director.”

Does that mean it points toward Holder or Holder’s office?

Does 3 + 3 equal 6?

Read it all at LINK

Relevant to this ^^ ......

I've seen several claims in the past 24 hours that "prove" that Attorney General Eric Holder, or Congress, or the President, or the Pope, knew about Gunwalker/Fast and Furious because of a speech someone made, or because of legislation being proposed or because of a line item in the Stimulus bill.

I would strongly urge caution in these matters.

Gunwalker/Fast and Furious was a specific secret operation or project within the much larger framework of Gunrunner. A list of all operations with the Gunrunner program is not publicly available, but I would be stunned if the total number of projects wasn't several dozen, or more, with many or most of them being covert and unknown to the public.

Gunwalker and Gunrunner are not the same thing even though they are related. We have enough evidence coming in—at a pace "fast and furious," one might say—and do not need to make leaps of logic. There is no need to jump the gun or make wild accusations.

Justice will be served.

It's a Trap!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2011, 03:40:46 PM »

I agree the gun shouldn't be jumped but I don't see the trap (clueless)
and I don't think Breitbart playing counterpart to the AP is jumping the gun.

I don't see Issa (as yet) getting ahead of himself either, as much as I would enjoy him putting more pressure and more presto on the pedal.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 04:45:08 PM »

I agree the gun shouldn't be jumped but I don't see the trap (clueless)
and I don't think Breitbart playing counterpart to the AP is jumping the gun.

I don't see Issa (as yet) getting ahead of himself either, as much as I would enjoy him putting more pressure and more presto on the pedal.

There is some ambiguity about which Operation Holder refers in the speech he made in Mexico in '09 -- the one/s begun under Bush which were conducted differently (Gunrunner) or the illegal operations (Gunwalker/Fast & Furious) covertly run under cover of Gunrunner.

Incorrectly tying him to the wrong one will undermine Issa's case.