Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104252 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2011, 09:38:27 PM »

Isn't he the fellow who requested a meeting with Issa, showed up with a private lawyer, and spilled the beans on Holder and o?

Yes!!  And on July 4th no less!

I have no idea how to figure out who is on what side anymore.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »

Isn't he the fellow who requested a meeting with Issa, showed up with a private lawyer, and spilled the beans on Holder and o?

Is that impeachment I smell? ::rubs-hands::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2011, 10:05:30 PM »

Is that impeachment I smell? ::rubs-hands::

I don't think so but you do have a scandal brewing that's seems to be coming to a head just before the election.Failing that an impeachment would be nice.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2011, 06:36:45 AM »
Until Issa starts shooting subpoenas all over DC this trail will get colder and colder...and Obama & Co will play it up in the MFM as a witchhunt for the lack of proof!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2011, 08:46:18 PM »

Link

[blockquote]
The L.A. Times reports White House officials may have known more about the botched Fast and Furious federal gunrunning operation than previously reported. Emails obtained by the Times show senior White House national security official Kevin O’Reilly discussing details of the gun-tracking investigation with the operation’s supervisor William Newell, before the program became public:
[/blockquote]

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2011, 08:50:59 PM »
"Today, a White House spokesman said the email was not about Fast and Furious, but about other gun trafficking efforts. The spokesman also said he didn’t know what Newell was referring to when he said he’d spoken to O’Reilly about Fast and Furious."

If he doesn't know what he was refering to how does he know what wasn't about?

Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2011, 09:23:38 PM »
LIAR!!

Fer crissake; they think we're fcking stoopit!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2011, 10:16:31 PM »
LIAR!!

Fer crissake; they think we're fcking stoopit!

They know we won't believe a word of it it's for their defenders to have something to work with and believe.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2011, 02:00:55 PM »
Spread to Indiana, but with a twist -- guns walked, not into Mexico, but into gang-hands.

Obama Regime Arming U.S. Street Gangs via ATF

Posted by Ann Barnhardt - September 6, AD 2011 12:26 PM MST

I didn't compose that headline lightly. The "Gunwalking" isn't limited to Mexico and Honduras, guys. I said this earlier - EVERY ATF office needs to be torn to pieces looking for "gunwalking" because this is how the Obama regime could arm their "army" of street gangs and muslims. I specifically said that the Detroit and Chicago offices needed to be scrutinized. And sure enough, David Codrea is breaking the story today that the Indiana office has indeed been intentionally walking guns to Chicago street gangs - not "could arm" but "HAS ARMED". Look at a map. Indiana is sitting immediately between Chicago and Detroit.

And by the way, the Chicago office head Andrew Traver - who HAD to have known all about the Indiana operation - is getting ready to be installed the head of the ATF in Washington.

I'm telling you, buy long guns and ammo NOW. Obama is going to do everything he can to bait a civil war. We now have proof that he is arming inner-city gangs.

Pass this link far and wide. I'll Tweet both links as well.

Full story at Sipsey Street Irregulars

URL to Codrea's piece:

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/exclusive-report-documents-indicate-atf-fbi-allowed-indiana-crime-gun-sales

charlesoakwood

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2011, 03:53:41 PM »

[blockquote]
Some of the straw men turned out to have felony convictions, the agents called the FBI background check system and fixed it so the transactions would be approved, something which may also have happened in Phoenix. (The attorney wasn't clear as to whether the guns were actually delivered to the gangs).
[/blockquote]

Isn't this a double felony? ::buggering::
                    ::unknowncomic::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »
There was a good, long, revealing expose on Fox News a night or two ago. This isn't going to go away. If they try to ignore it, it WILL become campaign fodder, and Obama's failure to address this and fire Holder and the rest will be hung around his neck like a millstone.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »
[quote author=IronDioPriest link=topic=1730.msg30901#msg30901 date=1315342838......and Obama's failure to address this and fire Holder and the rest will be hung around his neck like a millstone.
[/quote]

If that's what it takes to get rid of him.......... ::praying::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Any other Regime...

::gaah::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Holder Now On Record: I knew nothing of F & F
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2011, 07:26:47 AM »
OK Issa, you're up. Make him choke on it.

Holder Denies Prior Knowledge of 'Fast and Furious'

The head of the U.S. Justice Department launched his strongest personal defense yet in the growing furor over Operation Fast and Furious, the controversial sting targeting Mexican drug cartels and American gunrunners.

On Wednesday, Attorney General Eric Holder said for the first time that not only he but also other higher-ups at the Justice Department were not aware of the operation as it was being carried out...

..."The notion that somehow or other this thing reaches into the upper levels of the Justice Department is something that. ... I don't think is supported by the facts," Holder told reporters at an unrelated press conference in Washington. "It's kind of something I think certain members of Congress would like to see, the notion that somehow or other high-level people in the department were involved. As I said, I don't think that is going to be shown to be the case -- which doesn't mean that the mistakes were not serious."

More @ FoxNews...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2011, 09:00:01 AM »
" .....not aware of the operation as it was being carried out... "

Escape clause.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2011, 11:30:30 AM »
Don't want an escape clause!

I want sharp claws!!!

On throats!

::angry::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Holder Now On Record: I knew nothing of F & F
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2011, 07:56:10 PM »
OK Issa, you're up. Make him choke on it.

Holder Denies Prior Knowledge of 'Fast and Furious'

The head of the U.S. Justice Department launched his strongest personal defense yet in the growing furor over Operation Fast and Furious, the controversial sting targeting Mexican drug cartels and American gunrunners.

On Wednesday, Attorney General Eric Holder said for the first time that not only he but also other higher-ups at the Justice Department were not aware of the operation as it was being carried out...

..."The notion that somehow or other this thing reaches into the upper levels of the Justice Department is something that. ... I don't think is supported by the facts," Holder told reporters at an unrelated press conference in Washington. "It's kind of something I think certain members of Congress would like to see, the notion that somehow or other high-level people in the department were involved. As I said, I don't think that is going to be shown to be the case -- which doesn't mean that the mistakes were not serious."

More @ FoxNews...

beverly hills cop: the heat is on!

Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2011, 07:59:37 PM »

HA, listening to this and Levin at the same time, great.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »

HA, listening to this and Levin at the same time, great.

I does work doesn't it? ::danceban::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2011, 11:31:20 PM »
A White House 'Gunrunner'?

Operation Gunwalker, the rogue ATF operation to arm Mexico's cartels, extends now to three White House officials. A bell goes off with the one named Dan Restrepo.

Late last Friday, CBS News and the Los Angeles Times almost buried the news that Restrepo, the National Security Council's top man for Latin America, and two other officials, were in on ATF memos from the Gunwalker operation called "Fast and Furious."

That blows apart White House claims that it had no idea the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives was encouraging frontmen for Mexico's cartels to buy weapons from U.S. gun dealers — to "trace" them afterward.

Some 2,000 U.S. guns were sold in Gunwalker but simply disappeared — until they turned up at massacres in Mexico and at the murder scenes of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry and Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agent Jaime Zapata.

But outgoing ATF acting director Ken Melson and others who've been the fall guys in this scandal darkly hint that their orders came from the White House, and domestic critics think Gunwalker can only be explained as a White House bid to boost support for gun control. Restrepo's involvement distinctly raises both possibilities.

Restrepo is a political operative whose interests are more domestic than Latin American. As a result, he's botched every Latin American operation he's had his hand in, appeasing enemies and blaming the U.S.:

• Honduras: In 2009, Restrepo was behind a U.S. bid to swiftly declare Honduras' constitutional ouster of its president "a coup" and sanctioned the country, playing into the hands of Venezuela's Hugo Chavez, who had attempted to make Honduras a colony.

• Cuba: Restrepo was behind loosening sanctions on Castro's Cuba, which has emboldened the regime to act against Americans. While Castro imprisoned Alan Gross, a U.S. contractor who was distributing satellite phones to dissidents, the Obama administration said nothing.

• Colombia: Its troops captured drug "kingpin of kingpins" Walid Makled, who had extensive knowledge of Venezuelan official involvement in trafficking. U.S. attorneys wanted him extradited, but Colombia's President Juan Manuel Santos said President Obama never asked. When IBD asked Restrepo whether he advised Obama to ask, Restrepo defensively said he did. But that's at odds with what Santos said.

• Venezuela: Treasury Department officials complained Restrepo kept names of high-ranking Venezuelan officials with ties to drug dealers off its "Kingpin List," in a naive effort to keep pressure off Chavez.

• Now Restrepo tries to pin Mexico's drug war not on Hugo Chavez's trafficker allies, but on gun dealers from the U.S.

There's little doubt that's his line, because blaming U.S. gun dealers and calling for a U.S. assault weapon ban were his ideas from his days spent at the Center for American Progress, an Obama-linked think tank.

The U.S. "will work to inhibit the flow of weapons ... across our border," Restrepo told Mexican media.

Meanwhile, when Obama met with Mexico's President Felipe Calderon, both erroneously declared that U.S. weapons fueled Mexico's drug war — on Restrepo's advice.

Blogger Mike Vanderbroegh thinks that if Restrepo wasn't the author of Gunwalker he'd know who is and should be called to tell Congress. Either he's kept Obama in the dark about Gunwalker, or Obama should be impeached.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt