Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104245 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2011, 12:56:32 AM »
ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?

A White House 'Gunrunner'?

Operation Gunwalker, the rogue ATF operation to arm Mexico's cartels, extends now to three White House officials. A bell goes off with the one named Dan Restrepo.

Late last Friday, CBS News and the Los Angeles Times almost buried the news that Restrepo, the National Security Council's top man for Latin America, and two other officials, were in on ATF memos from the Gunwalker operation called "Fast and Furious."

That blows apart White House claims that it had no idea the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives was encouraging frontmen for Mexico's cartels to buy weapons from U.S. gun dealers — to "trace" them afterward.

Some 2,000 U.S. guns were sold in Gunwalker but simply disappeared — until they turned up at massacres in Mexico and at the murder scenes of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry and Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agent Jaime Zapata.

But outgoing ATF acting director Ken Melson and others who've been the fall guys in this scandal darkly hint that their orders came from the White House, and domestic critics think Gunwalker can only be explained as a White House bid to boost support for gun control. Restrepo's involvement distinctly raises both possibilities.

Restrepo is a political operative whose interests are more domestic than Latin American. As a result, he's botched every Latin American operation he's had his hand in, appeasing enemies and blaming the U.S.:

• Honduras: In 2009, Restrepo was behind a U.S. bid to swiftly declare Honduras' constitutional ouster of its president "a coup" and sanctioned the country, playing into the hands of Venezuela's Hugo Chavez, who had attempted to make Honduras a colony.

• Cuba: Restrepo was behind loosening sanctions on Castro's Cuba, which has emboldened the regime to act against Americans. While Castro imprisoned Alan Gross, a U.S. contractor who was distributing satellite phones to dissidents, the Obama administration said nothing.

• Colombia: Its troops captured drug "kingpin of kingpins" Walid Makled, who had extensive knowledge of Venezuelan official involvement in trafficking. U.S. attorneys wanted him extradited, but Colombia's President Juan Manuel Santos said President Obama never asked. When IBD asked Restrepo whether he advised Obama to ask, Restrepo defensively said he did. But that's at odds with what Santos said.

• Venezuela: Treasury Department officials complained Restrepo kept names of high-ranking Venezuelan officials with ties to drug dealers off its "Kingpin List," in a naive effort to keep pressure off Chavez.

• Now Restrepo tries to pin Mexico's drug war not on Hugo Chavez's trafficker allies, but on gun dealers from the U.S.

There's little doubt that's his line, because blaming U.S. gun dealers and calling for a U.S. assault weapon ban were his ideas from his days spent at the Center for American Progress, an Obama-linked think tank.

The U.S. "will work to inhibit the flow of weapons ... across our border," Restrepo told Mexican media.

Meanwhile, when Obama met with Mexico's President Felipe Calderon, both erroneously declared that U.S. weapons fueled Mexico's drug war — on Restrepo's advice.

Blogger Mike Vanderbroegh thinks that if Restrepo wasn't the author of Gunwalker he'd know who is and should be called to tell Congress. Either he's kept Obama in the dark about Gunwalker, or Obama should be impeached.

Good find.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:26:10 AM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2011, 07:01:24 AM »
If his name had been Oliver North the MFM and leftnut pol's would be howling mad for blood.

Why are our guys not howling mad and dragging butts into the light?

We are sooooo fvcked...

::falldownshocked::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2011, 10:00:06 AM »

Don't worry, Issa's going to hold hundreds of hearings and,,,

charlesoakwood

« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2011, 11:31:03 AM »

FOX has obtained new document(s) indicating a cover up:

status of guns recovered earlier (before the FBI had secured the scene -
[indicating more than two guns recovered as had been stated] it/they possibly recovered by an FBI informant in the cartel and
the FBI knew these guns (gunrunner guns) were being used by the cartels before the incident

on air reporting by William Lajeunesse

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2011, 11:33:18 AM »
Too bad idiots stuck with their heads in the sand can't see out their butts...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2011, 11:40:46 AM »

Third gun [coverup]

A third gun linked to "Operation Fast and Furious" was found at the murder scene of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, new documents obtained exclusively by Fox News suggest,

"I have never seen anything like this. I can see the FBI may have an informant involved but I can't see them tampering with evidence. If this is all accurate, I'm stunned," the former prosecutor said.

"It also confirms that the FBI was at least as culpable, and perhaps more culpable, than the ATF in the (Fast and Furious) scandal, and that there was some guiding hand above both these agencies (and the other agencies involved) coordinating the larger operation," Vanderboegh Sipsey Street said.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2011, 11:58:18 AM »

Third gun [coverup]

A third gun linked to "Operation Fast and Furious" was found at the murder scene of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, new documents obtained exclusively by Fox News suggest,

"I have never seen anything like this. I can see the FBI may have an informant involved but I can't see them tampering with evidence. If this is all accurate, I'm stunned," the former prosecutor said.

"It also confirms that the FBI was at least as culpable, and perhaps more culpable, than the ATF in the (Fast and Furious) scandal, and that there was some guiding hand above both these agencies (and the other agencies involved) coordinating the larger operation," Vanderboegh Sipsey Street said.

Fothermucking Holder and his Gestapo are running amok!

God, if we only had people in office who gave a frick!

We are truly descending into tyranny!

::gaah::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2011, 11:59:34 AM »
Oh, but neveryoumind. Its Faux News.

That's what we're coming to. Complete failure by vast swaths of the media to aggressively report news damaging to the regime, and thus a dismissal of news reported by Fox and other less favorable outlets.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2011, 08:20:33 PM »
Oh, but neveryoumind. Its Faux News.

That's what we're coming to. Complete failure by vast swaths of the media to aggressively report news damaging to the regime, and thus a dismissal of news reported by Fox and other less favorable outlets.

Thank God we have FOX.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2011, 09:15:58 PM »
3 more murders linked to Gunwalker

When added to the guns found at the murder scene of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in the U.S., the newly-revealed murders in Mexico bring the total number of deaths linked to Fast and Furious to four.

Is it gun walker, gun runner, or fast and furious?  Are the multiple names created to allow legal loopholes from the prosecutors?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2011, 10:01:54 PM »
Just another nail in a democratic white house coffin.More faster please.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2011, 07:13:51 AM »
From CO's link -

"ATF has not conducted a comprehensive independent investigation."

Oh really, gee C-BS dickbrain, why would that be?  Hmmm?

These fothermuckers are off the reservation completely and Holder is sanitizing the trail so no big fish get gutted!

Congress should deputize whoeverthehell they can trust, load 'em for bear and get them siezing documents before they disappear completely!  If it sparks a constitutional showdown with guns drawn so fvcking be it!

::gaah::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2011, 12:18:42 PM »
Link
[blockquote]

Let’s review:
When we first learned about Fast and Furious, the news was that a number of assault rifles had been sold to straw purchasers. Soon, we learned that the number was approximately 2,500 and that some of those were .50 caliber sniper rifles. Then we learned that somewhere between 1,200 and 1,300 of the weapons were unaccounted for, and that the ATF had allowed another upstanding gentleman to walk grenade components into Mexico (I guess he ended up in Mexico: no one knows because the ATF lost him). And finally, we’re learning that just a few days ago, on our side of the border, U.S. Border Patrol Agents found rocket and grenade launchers, assault rifles, and C4 explosives.

[/blockquote]

[blockquote]

And I add the word “allegedly” not because there’s any doubt over whether a rocket launcher has been found near the Mexico/Texas border, but because its origin in the Fast and Furious operation has yet to be established beyond a doubt. The jury’s still out because the launcher could be associated with another gun-smuggling operation the administration seems to be involved with in El Paso, TX and Columbus, NM.

[/blockquote]

Oh heck, maybe they are smuggling in terrorists so they may  track them also.

This article has nothing to do with the ultra-lights they are using to fly contraband in above the cameras and below the radar.  
Or if you are in Mexico and report this the narcos will kill you.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2011, 06:47:39 AM »
You know what?  If I were a rancher in these areas I'd invest in search lights and bulk ammo and have a field day!  And if states had any balls they'd be doing to same thing!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2011, 12:21:56 AM »

LSM is catching up. CBS is reporting on the third gun and they have agent conversation on tape.

WASHINGTON - CBS News has obtained secretly recorded conversations that raise questions as to whether some evidence is being withheld in the murder of a Border Patrol agent.

Agent MacAllister and Howard (the gun dealer) also discuss various Republicans and Democrats in Congress who are investigating Fast and Furious. They express concern that whistleblower ATF special agent John Dodson has further evidence that could be damaging to the government.

Transcript of the audio below:

Agent: Well there was two.

Dealer: There's three weapons.

Agent: There's three weapons.

Dealer: I know that.

Agent: And yes, there's serial numbers for all three.

Dealer: That's correct.

Agent: Two of them came from this store.

Dealer: I understand that.

Agent: There's an SKS that I don't think came from.... Dallas or Texas or something like that.

Dealer: I know. talking about the AK's

Agent: The two AK's came from this store.

Dealer: I know that.

Agent: Ok.

Dealer: I did the Goddamned trace

Agent: Third weapon is the SKS has nothing to do with it.

Dealer: That didn't come from me.

Agent: No and there is that's my knowledge. and I spoke to someone who would know those are the only ones they have. So this is the agent who's working the case, all I can go by is what she told me.

[This agent, representative of our finest, is truly impressive.]

Article and audio tape at link: Click here

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2011, 07:43:14 AM »
Uh huh, and the trail back up the food chain...???

The evil bastards in DoJ are busy cleaning the trail...we've let too muchh time go by...best hope is a scandal...fingerprints and convictions don't look likely...we let them get away with it again...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Mexican Attorney General: 200 murders linked to F & F Gunrunner
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2011, 10:47:17 AM »
This is an act of war by the Obama administration against Mexico.

Mexican Attorney General: 200 murders linked to F & F Gunrunner
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2011, 12:02:07 PM »
Let the effing Left ask La Raza what they think of Duh Wun now!

::stirpot::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »
I'll just wait for a little more confirmation that Mexico was really kept in the dark.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2011, 12:11:39 PM »
I'll just wait for a little more confirmation that Mexico was really kept in the dark.

Yeah, good point.

- Thomas Jefferson