Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104236 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2011, 11:10:48 AM »

Or more appropriately something along the lines...

::danceban::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »
Wednesday Chronicle: The Fast & Furious Plot Thickens

Reply |The Patriot Post no-reply@patriotpost.us to me
show details 11:16 AM (1 hour ago)

Read this on the Web at http://patriotpost.us/edition/2011/09/28/chronicle/

Chronicle · September 28, 2011

The Foundation
"[W]hen the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually."
--George Mason

Editorial Exegesis
"New documents reveal the Department of Justice lied to Congress and show how U.S. officials bought guns with tax dollars and then made sure no one stopped their transfer to Mexican drug cartels. The funneling of thousands of American guns into the hands of Mexican drug cartels in the operation known as Fast and Furious was not a botched sting operation or the result of bureaucratic incompetence. It was not designed to interdict gun trafficking, but to facilitate it. We now know that it involved not just the use of straw buyers, but also agents of the federal government purchasing weapons with taxpayer money, ordering the licensed dealers to conduct the sales off the books, then calling off surveillance of the gun traffickers and refusing to interdict the transfer of the weapon or arrest the people involved. ... A two-year-old C-SPAN video shows Deputy Attorney General David Ogden, who would resign nine months later after less than a year's service, telling reporters at a Justice Department briefing of major policy initiatives to fight the Mexican drug cartels. 'The president has directed us to take action to fight these cartels,' Ogden began, 'and Attorney General Holder and I are taking several new and aggressive steps as part of the administration's comprehensive plan.' Ogden said the administration's plan, at the president's direction, included the ATF's 'increasing its efforts by adding 37 new employees in three new offices, using $10 million in Recovery Act funds and redeploying 100 personnel to the Southwest border in the next 45 days to fortify its Project Gunrunner,' of which Operation Fast and Furious would be a part. ... Fast and Furious should spark our pursuit of the truth, even if the trail leads to the Oval Office."
--Investor's Business Daily

Will the administration succeed in its Fast & Furious goals? ::evilbat::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2011, 10:28:26 AM »

Issa & Co must be having more success than is apparent.

CBS - Friday night document dump

[blockquote]
The documents show extensive communications between then-ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix office Bill Newell - who led Fast and Furious - and then-White House National Security Staffer Kevin O'Reilly. Emails indicate the two also spoke on the phone. Such detailed, direct communications between a local ATF manager in Phoenix and a White House national security staffer has raised interest among Congressional investigators looking into Fast and Furious. Newell has said he and O'Reilly are long time friends.

Newly-released White House documents (pdf)
[/blockquote]

Politico

[blockquote]
However, the chief counsel to President Barack Obama, Kathryn Ruemmler, indicated that the White House was withholding an unspecified number of internal e-mails exchanged among three National Security Staff aides.
[/blockquote]

More - Faster

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »
HEH HEH HEH
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

RickZ

« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2011, 03:49:50 AM »
If this scandal can put the brakes on Obama's plans, can cause so much of a problem that the Administration's attention becomes focused on it and the hearings it will (hopefully) generate (akin to Nixon and Watergate), then Agent Terry will not have died in vain.  Not much comfort to the Terry family, but still, . . .

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weapons Gate’?
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2011, 05:06:03 PM »
Quote from: Rick link=topic=1730.msg35124#msg 35124 date=1317545390
If this scandal can put the brakes on Obama's plans, can cause so much of a problem that the Administration's attention becomes focused on it and the hearings it will (hopefully) generate (akin to Nixon and Watergate), then Agent Terry will not have died in vain.  Not much comfort to the Terry family, but still, . . .

Unlike Nixon's turmoil, this will follow Obama into his forced Retirement. He is going to Prison for this or Solyndra, just a matter of time for either!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2011, 07:22:11 AM »
Seeing every high-ranking jackass in this rogue Regime up to and including Obama perp-walked to prison would go far in restoring my faith in our future prospects as a viable Republic...but it would never get that far...if Slow Joe is not also indicted, as POTUS he would pardon everyone...

::falldownshocked::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2011, 09:35:29 PM »
He's a documented liar now, he has no claim of a faulty memory, time for him to get arraigned!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Now it appears Holder LIED UNDER OATH.
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2011, 10:11:28 PM »
It looks like they are actually going to try to claim that while the communications show that Holder was informed of F & F well before his testimony denying knowledge, that he doesn't necessarily read all his briefings.

Unbelievable. The "I don't necessarily keep up with my work all the time" defense against a perjury charge.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2011, 10:21:34 PM »
New documents obtained by CBS News show Attorney General Eric Holder was sent briefings on the controversial Fast and Furious operation as far back as July 2010. That directly contradicts his statement to Congress.

On May 3, 2011, Holder told a Judiciary Committee hearing, "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Re: Now it appears Holder LIED UNDER OATH.
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2011, 10:25:46 PM »
It looks like they are actually going to try to claim that while the communications show that Holder was informed of F & F well before his testimony denying knowledge, that he doesn't necessarily read all his briefings.

Unbelievable. The "I don't necessarily keep up with my work all the time" defense against a perjury charge.

Are you going to believe your lying eyes or what I tell you?

Congress is hip deep in evidence. There is evidence for this, for the Solyndra slush fund, for his extra constitutional activities in Yemen but there is no congressional will to prosecute him. We live in a land of Pygmy Princes.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2011, 10:25:56 PM »
"I'm not sure what the law states, but I'll enforce it to the best of my ability."

::speechless::

::hysterical::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2011, 07:19:09 AM »
Time to give them ALL this look.......

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2011, 11:08:45 AM »
I suppose rough prison type sex would be nothing new for these clowns...they'll fit right in!

::laughonfloor::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious - It's Special Prosecutor Time, Baby!
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2011, 02:21:21 PM »
special prosecutor----

job creation I can get behind

::danceban:: ::danceban:: ::danceban::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Fast & Furious - CBS Reporter Sharyl Attkisson, under fire from White House
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »
This is really worth a listen. It's a clip from the Laura Ingraham Show featuring Sharyl Attkisson, the CBS reporter who is doggedly pursuing evidence and documents concerning the burgeoning Fast & Furious scandal. Apparently she has been on the receiving end of verbal abuse from both the DoJ and the White House, berating her as being unreasonable, and holding up other news outlets that are ignoring the scandal as evidence of her unreasonableness.

This woman has her teeth sunk in. This is journalism, and we ought to point it out and support it when and where it exists. She's making some powerful enemies, both in politics, and in her profession.

6:05 - Laura: So they were literally screaming at you?
Attkisson: Yes. Well the DOJ woman was just yelling at me. The guy from the White House on Friday night literally screamed at me and cussed at me. [Laura: Who was the person? Who was the person at Justice screaming?] Eric Schultz. Oh, the person screaming was [DOJ spokeswoman] Tracy Schmaler, she was yelling not screaming. And the person who screamed at me was Eric Schultz at the White House."

The Laura Ingraham Show - Investigative reporter says WH official cussed at her over ATF scandal
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 03:16:45 PM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2011, 05:39:36 PM »
And the LSM will bury this behind the Wall street BS! ::mooning:: ::rockets::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

charlesoakwood

« Reply #179 on: October 04, 2011, 05:44:46 PM »

Or the Tiffany Network may use this to seek redemption.