Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 105184 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2011, 07:19:40 PM »
Holy crap, Batman! Ms. Attkisson seems to be a REAL reporter!! Being such, look for her to have a VERY short career at CBS.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »
Holy Crap!  This thing has really hit the fan.  Bravo to Attkisson for not caving into these punks!

Everybody is smelling blood in the water now!  About bloody time!

But I cannot shake the feeling that the MFM outlets finally reporting on this are doing so to a) cover their ratings ass & b) hoping the scandal stops at Holder and is dealt with before the end of the year so it is not an election year circus.  Anything less than Holder convicted is an injustice.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/04/house-republicans-to-request-special-counsel-to-probe-holder-on-fast-and/

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/fast-and-furious-gop-says-eric-holder-is-either-incompetent-or-misleading-congress/

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cbs-news-reporter-says-white-house-screamed-swore-her-over-fast-and-furious_595011.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20115038-10391695.html

“He’s either incompetent or he’s misleading Congress,”

I submit misleading, this bastard knows exactly why he does everything!  Let this be the pry-bar that opens NBP, Pigsford and a slew of Regime criminal activities!

::danceban::

The screaming cusser Eric Schultz, formerly of DSCC and before that Al "pottymouth joker" Franken's 2008 press twerp, hired by The Regime to stonewall Issa.  You know this loser is a world-class POS with credentials like that!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/11/white-house-hires-eric-schultz-darrell-issa_n_860528.html

"Holder misunderstood that question from the committee"

Bull effing sh*t!  Is he now announcing he was too incompetent to handle the job at this late date to save his lying ass?  Or is he arguing again that ignorance is a valid excuse for the AG of the USA?

Nail his ass HARD!!!

Let this be the great unraveling of this rogue Regime!!!

::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2011, 08:00:40 PM »
  When it comes to race we are a nation of cowards. ::curtsy4::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
CBS silencing F & F reporter Attkisson
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2011, 03:37:29 PM »
Now, a day after CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson went on the record with Laura Ingraham revealing that DoJ and White House officials were screaming and verbally abusive to her for pursuing the Fast & Furious scandal, it appears that CBS News might be engaging in some punishment of its own against Attkisson...

Is CBS News Silencing Fast and Furious Reporter?

Yesterday, CBS News investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson told radio show host Laura Ingraham that the White House yelled and swore at her over her reporting on the Fast and Furious gunrunning scandal tied to the deaths of two U.S. law enforcement agents. Attkisson also revealed that she'd also been yelled at by the Justice Department.

Today, I called CBS News in an attempt to interview Attkisson. I was told by CBS News senior vice president of communications Sonya McNair that Attkisson would be unavailable for interviews all week. When I asked why Attkisson would be unavailable, McNair would not say.

I've also heard from a producer at another media outlet that has previously booked Attkisson that they tried to book her since she made news with the Laura Ingraham interview yesterday. They were also told that she would be unavailable.

After our initial conversation earlier today, I called McNair back and left a message with her office. I also sent McNair an email asking whether Attkisson's unavailability has anything to do with reporting that the White House and Justice Department were angry at her. I further asked McNair if the White House or Justice Department contacted CBS News about Attkisson since yesterday. McNair has not responded to my inquiries.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2011, 03:53:33 PM »
I don't think reporters have ever heard od Niemoller, nor ever read his words.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »
Unfortunately, the most corrupt President ever happens to be black......And in our politically correct time, nothing will be done. He will get a pass. Hopefully history will not be kind. There will be no justice.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »

Poor Tiffany, she'll never reclaim her virtue.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »

Poor Tiffany, she'll never reclaim her virtue.

How many times can you be a virgin?
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2011, 08:07:18 PM »

Honor?

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2011, 12:24:00 AM »

Normal American crooks, at some point, will fold they will attempt a plea agreement or go for the easy exit.
Nixon's VP struck a deal, and others since.  The stupid weasels would strike a deal but their handlers
have sugar plumbs dancing in their head.  They are, all of these different actions are, pushing the envelope
to the end game magic moment and it will not be an expected event.  They are capable of moving out of the box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2011, 06:40:52 AM »

Normal American crooks, at some point, will fold they will attempt a plea agreement or go for the easy exit.
Nixon's VP struck a deal, and others since.  The stupid weasels would strike a deal but their handlers
have sugar plumbs dancing in their head.  They are, all of these different actions are, pushing the envelope
to the end game magic moment and it will not be an expected event.  They are capable of moving out of the box.

I would argue they've always been out of the box...they all want to but everyone else in a box and they feel entitled and emboldened (thanks to fecklessness on the part of our supposed leaders) to do anything they want.

Republicanism should be vigorously reimposed or we might as well just chuck it.

As for those sheriff's...I hope more LEO's with a conscience join the Babeu 9 today!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
Friday Digest: Playing Fast and Furious With the Facts

Reply |The Patriot Post no-reply@patriotpost.us to me
show details 11:25 AM (36 minutes ago)

Display images below - Always display images from no-reply@patriotpost.us
Read this on the Web at http://patriotpost.us/edition/2011/10/07/digest/

Digest · October 7, 2011

The Foundation
"Facts are stubborn things."
--John Adams

Government & Politics

Playing Fast and Furious With the Facts

"Justice (Department) is blind"When did you first know about the program, officially called, I believe, 'Fast and Furious'?" That question was asked of Attorney General Eric Holder in congressional testimony on May 3, 2011. Fast and Furious was an effort of the Arizona branch of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to allow the straw purchase of American weapons that would then be transferred to Mexican drug cartels with the supposed purpose of tracking those weapons and taking down those cartels. The plan has been an unmitigated disaster, costing the lives of two American agents and possibly hundreds of Mexicans. Inquiring minds want to know why.

Holder answered that question in May, saying, "I'm not sure of the exact date but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks." Later he told reporters, "The notion that this reaches into the upper levels of the Justice Department is something that at this point I don't think is supported by the facts and I think once we examine it and once the facts are revealed we'll see that's not the case."

The truth is that Holder was first briefed on the operation in July 2010. When CBS News asked about this discrepancy, "The Justice Department told CBS News that the officials in those emails were talking about a different case started before Eric Holder became Attorney General. And tonight they tell CBS News, Holder misunderstood that question from the committee -- he did know about Fast and Furious -- just not the details." Also, he doesn't always read his memos. Why he lied to reporters was left unanswered.

A July 5, 2010, memo to Holder specifically notes the "1,500 firearms that were then supplied to Mexican drug trafficking cartels." Holder didn't find that -- or four other similar memos -- worthy of his attention? Please. In fact, it appears that Holder perjured himself, and Justice is covering for him. Furthermore, last week's Friday evening news dump revealed that there was extensive communication between the White House and the ATF on the matter. Maybe that's why Barack Obama said Thursday that he has "complete confidence" in Holder."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
10 Arizona sheriffs blast government gun-smuggling operation
« Reply #193 on: October 07, 2011, 04:14:14 PM »
10 Arizona sheriffs blast government gun-smuggling operation

PHOENIX (AP) — Ten Arizona sheriffs slammed the Obama administration on Friday over a botched federal operation that allowed up to 1,400 high-powered rifles to make their way to Mexico, calling for the president to launch an independent investigation and for Attorney General Eric Holder to step down or be fired.

Speaking at the state capitol in Phoenix, the sheriffs called the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' 2009 operation, known as "Fast and Furious," a betrayal of state law enforcement.

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu (BAB'-yew) said it's not a partisan issue, noting that the sheriffs joining him were Democrats and Republicans.

He says it's a public safety issue, and that the guns allowed into Mexico have been linked to crime scenes on both sides of the border.

---

Sheriffs demand answers about "Operation Fast and Furious"

News 4 Tucson's Lorraine Rivera is at a press conference regarding the ATF's "Operation Fast and Furious" with Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu and nine other Sheriffs' from across Arizona.

The Sheriffs are demanding that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder reveal the truth behind this criticized operation, and believe that those responsible should be criminally accountable for allowing 2,000 guns to be purchased on U.S. Soil and turned over to the Mexican drug cartels, according to a release from the Pinal County Sheriff's Office.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2011, 08:45:10 PM »
When hell freezes over will they get an answer from this white house. If the busted one of the stooges and put him/her in the slammer and go for trial then they would get something but not an answer.Scooter Libby almost went to jail for bullshyt way less than this.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2011, 09:16:45 PM »

IIRC today Holeder said that it wasn't he that viewed the emails it was one of his assistants.

OK he's getting ready to dump on an assistant.
The assistants know one of them is going to be dumped on.
All the assistants are nervous.
Come on assistant, give it up, tell us what you know and we'll let you go.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weapons Gate’?
« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2011, 10:00:41 PM »
When hell freezes over will they get an answer from this white house. If the busted one of the stooges and put him/her in the slammer and go for trial then they would get something but not an answer.Scooter Libby almost went to jail for bullshyt way less than this.

After Obama is when the true dealings will come to the surface. Many will come out of their rat holes to tell all about their boss. Many books will tell the shocking truth about the worst President in American History. I don't know about anyone else but, it will do me proud!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2011, 04:59:47 PM »

IIRC today Holeder said that it wasn't he that viewed the emails it was one of his assistants.

OK he's getting ready to dump on an assistant.
The assistants know one of them is going to be dumped on.
All the assistants are nervous.
Come on assistant, give it up, tell us what you know and we'll let you go.

That's not gonna cut it.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »

A snitch with the goods on Holder & Co will be better than leaving it to the govt to figure it out. 
He has the capacity to explain it to the stupid congressmen and prosecutors in a way that they can understand it.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2011, 11:49:55 PM »

Daily Caller

New Department of Justice documents the House Oversight Committee released Thursday morning show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed on Operation Fast and Furious many more times than previously discovered documents suggested. They also show that Holder was given detailed information on what happened in Fast and Furious.