Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104250 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #500 on: June 06, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »
  This thing is heating up again and I still believe it will explode as we get closer to the election to smear it all over Bambi.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #501 on: June 06, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »
Good, throw on some feathers and get a rail!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #502 on: June 06, 2012, 07:02:02 PM »
Don't forget the tar,  we will need lots of hot, gooey tar.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #503 on: June 06, 2012, 09:56:16 PM »
  This thing is heating up again and I still believe it will explode as we get closer to the election to smear it all over Bambi.

I'm not getting my hopes up. Libtards have a pretty good record of being made of Teflon. ::gaah::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #504 on: June 07, 2012, 06:44:35 AM »

I thought John had that covered?   ::facepalm::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #505 on: June 07, 2012, 06:46:06 AM »

I'm not getting my hopes up. Libtards have a pretty good record of being made of Teflon. ::gaah::

Teflon courtesy of the Democrat-Media Complex...with a not insignifcant assist from feckless RINOplastic Pubbies!    ::gaah::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #506 on: June 07, 2012, 02:04:14 PM »
I think this could stick because I think there'll be some dems looking to dump Obama and this will give them an excuse.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #507 on: June 07, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »

I thought John had that covered?   ::facepalm::

::curtsy4::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

RickZ

« Reply #508 on: June 07, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »
To shut the Democraps on the committee up, Issa or Goemert (however his name is spelled) need to take this line of questioning on the friggin' record:

Mr. Holder, are you familiar with a little contretemps here in DC called Watergate?  Yes?  Good.  Now Mr. Holder, how many people died as a result of Watergate?  You don't know?  Well let me tell you, Mr. Holder, none, zero, zip, nada, zilch.  How many have died as a result of Fast & Furious?  You know of only one?  You are a filibustring, obfuscating, prevaricating sackweasel.  {Pregnant pause}  Mr. Holder, what did the President know about Fast & Furious and when did he know it?

Really, it's time to bring back that Golden Oldie.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #509 on: June 07, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »

Our denizen of the five boroughs has returned.  Rick, there's no spine
there.  Speaker Yellowstain and his subordinates are too afraid they
will be labeled racists or see their shadow or sweat or something.
No cobs.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #510 on: June 07, 2012, 08:37:40 PM »

Our denizen of the five boroughs has returned.  Rick, there's no spine
there.  Speaker Yellowstain and his subordinates are too afraid they
No cobs.

EXACTLY! ::bashing::  It's beyond time to flush DC and get the crap out.

Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #511 on: June 07, 2012, 09:17:27 PM »

Our denizen of the five boroughs has returned.  Rick, there's no spine
there.  Speaker Yellowstain and his subordinates are too afraid they
No cobs.

I guess my posting's gotten lighter around the web.  I've lost too many posts at Gateway with that auto refresh crap of theirs.  I also think the new look Breitbart sites suck, not only in layout but in the commenting format as well.  It's like they don't want comments or something.  I post so infrequently at Ace, and you'd probably never know, as I love sockpuppeting there, which is really an art form taken to new heights/depths (depending on your perspective).  I hate TepidAir, and it's 'leading conservative website' crapola.  (Yeah, I live in Queens, just like Arch.  A neighborhood over, in fact.  Got somet'in' ta say 'bouddit?)  I follow a number of threads here, reading and keeping up, but not posting much.  It's the main reason I really like this type of forum layout, plus that 'Show new replies to your posts' feature; really allows one to follow a thread of one's interest, like this one and the Culture Watch thread.  That's where I can find links to stuff I most likely will not read anywhere else.  Helps to keep well rounded, or well read, but most certainly not well red.

Honestly, I find what I have to say redundant to the google degree.  I'm like everyone else who understands the present with respect to History:  We're all waiting for the other shoe to drop.  And it will.  We all know it.  More people than our fine propagandist media will let on.  It's like those exit polls from Wisconsin touted after the recall election:  Owebama really Won! because, well, because people who just voted for Walker said they will vote for the Precedent.  I mean, c'mon.  In the old Soviet Russia, the people knew to read between the lines, to keep a memory as people were constantly airbrushed away.  The difference being that in the Soviet Union, those reporters in their media could well be shot for some transgression, so they did their best to get the real news out through all the red tape censorship.  But our media?  Well, they willingly sold their souls -- and whatever 'ethics' they ever held -- to become the propaganda organ of the Democrap Party.  It's also like the Catholic Church calling for civil disobedience.  When was the last time some large reputable organization called for civil disobedience over some government policy?  And this is not news?  But the churchgoers know, even you proddie heathens.  The Catholic Church, with its lawsuits already in the pipeline, has picked up other religious sects and denominations in their stand against Government violating Freedom of Religion.  How can this possibly not be news?

I remember watching a clip, probably on the old History Channel before it became Ice Road Truckers/Swamppeople/Anything But History.  There was a, I guess press room, Presidential Q & A with Eisenhower.  He was sitting/leaning on the front of the desk, fielding reporters' questions.  He answered questions citing Constitutional wording, authority and history.  He was perfectly comfortable expounding on the Constitution in a give and take with a then curious press.  They even asked adult questions.  That clip was a stark contrast to King Barry the Munificent who doesn't have time for the military on Memorial Day or D-Day, but he sure can make time for those 'fund raisers' jetting around using his spiffy ride.  Barry couldn't stutter his way out of a wet paper bag.  It's obvious to me why this Harvard lawyer (who gave up his law license) never tried a case in court in front of a jury.  He is a stuttering clusterf*ck of a moron and no jury would ever buy what he's selling.  In fact, that's the trouble with our Barry, he's never had to actually show a profit in what he's selling (and bullsh*t is not a high profit product), which is just like his economic 'investments'.  Which gets into another area that simply amazes me.  Millions of taxpayer dollars in corruption to green companies who went bankrupt.  Owebama's reaction?  "Well, investing is a risk'.  I sh*t you not.  He actually thinks capitalism is risking government money on companies where they reap all the profit and the citizenry eat the losses.  Unbelievable.  And this is not news?  Forget Reverrunatthemouth Wright.  Forget Black Liberation Theology.  Forget Critical Race Theory.  Forget Marx.  Forget Engels.  Forget Alinsky.  Forget Derek Bell.  Forget Skip Gates.  Forget all that crap.  Our media can't even talk about the economy without spinning 8.2% unemployment as good, spinning funemployment and recovery summers.

In other words, the unemployment rate in all 41 months of Obama’s presidency has been higher than that of any single month in President Bush’s 8 years in office.

... It also marks 40 consecutive months in which the unemployment rate has been 8% or higher in the 41st month of the Obama presidency.

This is not news worthy of coverage, of punditry having a field day?  Even though I'm tired of playing the game, put an 'R' next to a president with this record.  Think of the media coverage, the hammering and battering the Administration would get from a hostile press.  Think of unicorns and skittles while you're at it.

I guess I'm just tired and waiting, like I said, for the other shoe to drop.  The pot's boiling now, what with all the racial crap thrown on top of all the economic, and other pressing, issues.  (Oh like say, surrendering in Afghanistan.)  

I read a lot still, but I'm very binary now.  I can't be bothered with libs, or trying to reason with them.  I can't be bothered when I see shows like Hardcore Pawn and Parking Wars and think (like Jar-Jar Binks), Niggaz on Parade.  I guess I'm tired of all the bullsh*t and want a resolution, come what may.  I guess I've seen too many Nike commericals:  Just do it (already)!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:22:18 PM by RickZ »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #512 on: June 07, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »
So say we all.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #513 on: June 08, 2012, 07:42:42 AM »
Amen Rick!   ::clapping::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #514 on: June 08, 2012, 07:46:29 AM »
Oh, and as far as our feckless leadership is concerned...F&F or whatever the issue...it will continue to be SSDD until WE replace the leadership!

http://www.redstate.com/brian_d/2012/06/07/holder-stumbles-under-questioning-about-david-alexrod/

And I fear to poop will be flying off the fan before that can even be close to being achieved...

I've been waiting decades for fighters to start fighting, and the Tea Party insurgency filled me with some hope that it had begun, but it has been fits/starts since...and the clock is only running down...

::gaah::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #515 on: June 08, 2012, 11:37:46 AM »
And I fear to poop will be flying off the fan before that can even be close to being achieved...

My fear as well. ::outrage::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #516 on: June 11, 2012, 11:52:10 AM »
Issa schedules committe vote on contempt.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57450110-503544/house-committee-schedules-contempt-vote-against-holder/?tag=cbsnewsMainColumnArea

This part amuses me...

House Speaker John Boehner also released a statement supporting the move, saying "the Justice Department is out of excuses."

"Congress has given Attorney General Holder more than enough time to fully cooperate with its investigation into 'Fast and Furious,' and to help uncover the circumstances regarding the death of Border Agent Brian Terry," Boehner added. "Either the Justice Department turns over the information requested, or Congress will have no choice but to move forward with holding the Attorney General in contempt for obstructing an ongoing investigation."

Umm, either Issa got his hands on embarassing pics of the Speaker or somebody else got to him and read him the riot act, perhaps a gang of angry Freshmen Repub's have had enough?  Interesting to see what news comes of this push, but as always I won't get my hopes up too much, not with the history this leadership has...dollars to doughnuts if contempt passes the whole House, the leadership gets the short end of the stick during negotiations and another day in court is denied We the People!!!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #517 on: June 11, 2012, 01:15:50 PM »
Another option addressing why this has dragged on so frustratingly with a seeming lack of GOP will to get to the bottom of it quickly may be a purely political one.

It could be that Issa has had the goods on Holder all along, and has saved this "ramping up" of charges for right before the Presdential election.

Such cynical political use of high crimes and murder of border agents carries much political risk. But nothing compared to this debacle playing out during the campaigns.

I cannot believe that once the American people are fully aware of this, that Obama will not be vewed as accountable.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #518 on: June 11, 2012, 01:28:49 PM »
True IDP.  Doing the right thing should not be held hostage by political whim, but it is a consideration in the delay of justice.  I hope you are right about the guilty being held to account!

::praying::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #519 on: June 13, 2012, 12:06:06 PM »
It could be that Issa has had the goods on Holder all along, and has saved this "ramping up" of charges for right before the Presdential election.

It is my belief that that is exactly what's going on. I expect it to get more heated soon and to continue to be an issue all through the run-up to November.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus