Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104308 times)

RickZ

Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #560 on: June 20, 2012, 05:20:28 PM »
Just think if you or I were in Contempt of Congress for ignoring one of their subpoenas (for over 8 months).  Just how long do you think it would take for us to be arrested and led away in handcuffs?  8 friggin' months.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #561 on: June 20, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »
Just think if you or I were in Contempt of Congress for ignoring one of their subpoenas (for over 8 months).  Just how long do you think it would take for us to be arrested and led away in handcuffs?  8 friggin' months.

About 8 minutes.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #562 on: June 20, 2012, 06:05:37 PM »
Dead in 8 minutes.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #563 on: June 20, 2012, 06:26:42 PM »
  Clemens got the full treatment and this guy is thumbing his nose at everybody and nothing happens.He was right when he said when it comes to race were a nation of cowards.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #564 on: June 20, 2012, 08:11:49 PM »

Clemens ought to run for office, he's got the stones
and he knows how it works. 

Wonder if Boehner could intimidate him?
                                                           ::grouphug::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #565 on: June 20, 2012, 11:40:11 PM »

It's difficult to click out at work so here's a big taste:

Sipsey Street Exclusive: The Strategic Communicator. "Tough Guy" Denis McDonough, "Obama’s single most influential foreign policy adviser" and the Fast & Furious Cover-up.

[blockquote]Deconfliction is a military and engineering term that refers to the process of avoiding mutual interference, or outright hazards, among systems under the control of one's own sides. It is most often used in the context of preventing fratricide, or having weapons hit one's own troops, but it has broader implications.
[/blockquote]

Denis McDonough, whose first official job with the Obama administration was Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communication is now the Deputy National Security Advisor.

SIPSEY STREET EXCLUSIVE: As early as October 2009, officials in both the Central Intelligence Agency and the Drug Enforcement Administration objected through their respective chains of command about weapons smuggling and related confidential informant operations in the Republic of Mexico on the part of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, including what the world has come to know as Operation Fast and Furious, according to previously reliable sources familiar with the intelligence operations of the United States.

Because of the refusal of the ATF and FBI at lower levels to allow "deconfliction" with the CIA and DEA, these complaints, according to the sources, were eventually forwarded to the National Security Council of the White House, including Kevin O'Reilly, a State Department employee seconded to the NSC, O'Reilly's boss Dan Restrepo, then Director of Western Hemisphere Affairs at the NSC and Denis McDonough, then NSC's head of Strategic Communication and since then promoted to the Deputy Director of the National Security Council. McDonough, described in one biographical sketch as a "tough guy" and "Obama’s single most influential foreign policy adviser," is also a personal friend and "basketball buddy" of the President of the United States.

The result, said one source, "The word came back from NSC, 'butt out.'"

More

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #566 on: June 21, 2012, 01:05:28 AM »
We'll see if the old adage holds true: it ain't the crime it's the cover up.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #567 on: June 21, 2012, 07:11:43 AM »
Hmmm...  Something smells CO, and its not the usual BO!  Sounds like some nice chap's to haul before Congress.  Of course these clowns will only whip out the 5th, but the show must go on.

I wonder what could happen first?  Obama impeached or defeated in the election?  That's a race I'd like to bet on, but given the weakness of the Pubbies and the Senate under the control of Darth Dingy, I am once again resigned to disappointment.

Anyway, full House vote on contempt next week, unless Erica really really comes through with documents...this time.   ::)  Yeah, riiight!   ::mooning::

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2012/jun/20/picket-boehner-cantor-announce-house-fast-furious-/

Oh, and did you see this bullsplatter by Nasty Pelosi?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/20/pelosi-rips-holder-contempt-charges-i-could-have-arrested-karl-rove-on-any-given-day/

What a load of crap!  Nobody is harder on The Butthead than I am, and even I admit he did nothing to break any law, and this bloviating botox bimbo knows it too!  The Buttheads sins are political and against conservative principles, period.  Nasty Pelosi better think about arresting her mouth before she ends up in the capitol prison she so earnestly admires!

Lying tart!

::doublebird::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #568 on: June 21, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »
What a load of crap!  Nobody is harder on The Butthead than I am, and even I admit he did nothing to break any law, and this bloviating botox bimbo knows it too!  The Buttheads sins are political and against conservative principles, period.  Nasty Pelosi better think about arresting her mouth before she ends up in the capitol prison she so earnestly admires!

Lying tart!

Proof she was lying, Congress never voted on a Contempt of Congress charge against Rove, so she was powerless to attempt an arrest.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #569 on: June 21, 2012, 09:55:23 AM »
LINK

Fast and furious hasn’t been discussed a lot in the mainstream media, which is why the facts can seem so preposterous when you read them for the first time. But the story is slowly unraveling and the public is catching up with the madness. On Wednesday, the The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt over his decision to withhold documents related to the “gun walking” operation – documents that President Obama tried to keep secret by invoking executive privilege. The question of why the Prez intervened in this way will surely hang over the investigation and the White House for many months to come. Be patient, conservatives. It took nearly eight months for the Watergate break in to become a national news story. But when it finally did, it toppled a President.

Looks like Holder's stench starting to taint Obumbles...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:37:32 AM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #570 on: June 21, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »

Lying tart!

Proof she was lying, Congress never voted on a Contempt of Congress charge against Rove, so she was powerless to attempt an arrest.

She was lying either way...if she had cause to get a contempt citiation and didn't do it, it means she just admited she was negligent.  So, either way you cut it Pelosi is full of sh*t.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #571 on: June 21, 2012, 11:29:58 AM »
LINK

Fast and furious hasn’t been discussed a lot in the mainstream media, which is why the facts can seem so preposterous when you read them for the first time. But the story is slowly unraveling and the public is catching up with the madness. On Wednesday, the The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt over his decision to withhold documents related to the “gun walking” operation – documents that President Obama tried to keep secret by invoking executive privilege. The question of why the Prez intervened in this way will surely hang over the investigation and the White House for many months to come. Be patient, conservatives. It took nearly eight months for the Watergate break in to become a national news story. But when it finally did, it toppled a President.

Looks like Holder's stench starting to taint Obumbles...

Pretty good round up, figures it didn't come from an American MFM newspaper.   ::)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #572 on: June 22, 2012, 10:23:10 AM »
LINK

Will Barack Obama’s claims of executive privilege work legally, and will it work politically?  We’re more likely to find the answer to the second question before we find the answer to the first, as the presidential election will arrive before any definitive court ruling on the action yesterday from Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder.  In my column for The Fiscal Times, I predict that Obama will lose on both counts:

This was an interesting read...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #573 on: June 22, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »
Yeah, we'll see.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #574 on: June 23, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »

‘Hey, people die’

Juan Williams honestly reflects the Marxist perspective in persuing their ideology; it includes you too.

[blockquote] WILLIAMS: What do you think the government shouldn’t have any secret? You can’t have a private conversation in the White House now about politics?

BOLLING: We gotta go – NO, not when someone’s dead Juan! Not when three hundred Mexicans…

WILLIAMS: We know how the guy died!

BOLLING: …are dead at the hands of the same guns.

WILLIAMS: Hey people die in war! People died…

BOLLING: Don’t you care about the three hundred Mexicans that died from the guns the guns that were traced back to Fast and Furious?

WILLIAMS: I care about human life. But I’m telling you people die. And you know what? We know the facts of Fast and Furious. We know how he died![/blockquote]Video included

And via AoSHQ

Afterburner with Bill Whittle: Follow the Ideology

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:38:46 AM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #575 on: June 23, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »
Obama must invoke executive privilege.......because if it all comes to the surface, it will be exactly what we think. The DOJ was being used for political gain and programs such as this were used, not to protect America, but to gain politically.

When these asswipes meet behind closed doors, the thought of repercussions of policy are not considered. It is about their power and it is worth a few casualties.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #576 on: June 23, 2012, 12:16:32 PM »
Obama must invoke executive privilege.......because if it all comes to the surface, it will be exactly what we think. The DOJ was being used for political gain and programs such as this were used, not to protect America, but to gain politically.

When these asswipes meet behind closed doors, the thought of repercussions of policy are not considered. It is about their power and it is worth a few casualties.

I'm not swiping at you, Don, but calling what was done with F&F "politics" is to marginalize the egregiousness of the intent and outcome of the plot. 

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #577 on: June 23, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »
I shouldn't be surprised at Juan Williams commitment to defending the indefensible, but sometimes I still am.

He got a highly public first-hand taste of the viciousness of the Left turned against him when he dared stray from the orthodoxy, and one would think that might cause a few light bulbs to flicker, and begin to raise a few questions about core beliefs, alliances, and assumptions.

But no, not Juan. He's as willing as ever to defend the indefensible - as long as its not being directed at him.

Useful idiot personified.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #578 on: June 23, 2012, 12:33:41 PM »
I, too, find it hard to believe that Juan is really this stupid. I suspect that he is well compensated for being the opposing view regardless of how ridiculous it is and how stupid he has to appear defending it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #579 on: June 23, 2012, 12:45:09 PM »
I, too, find it hard to believe that Juan is really this stupid. I suspect that he is well compensated for being the opposing view regardless of how ridiculous it is and how stupid he has to appear defending it.

I expect that in time it would carry over into the rest of one's life and corrode one's soul, to be paid to repeatedly lie and distort.