Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104292 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #600 on: June 25, 2012, 02:49:32 PM »
Yup.  Makes one want to dispense with this phony war and get right down to rat-killin', and there be a lot of damned rats...never so many as connected to this regime and infesting all levels of the Democrat-Media Complex.

If stuff like this keeps getting swept down the memory hole, if the Lefts agenda is not defeated, if our elected leaders fail to rollback tyranny and prosecute treason...well, we are getting closer to a shootin' war with each passing minute...I don't know how much crap others can take, my belly doesn't have any room left...

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #601 on: June 26, 2012, 08:02:39 AM »
Contempt vote schedule for Thursday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2chambers/post/eric-holder-fast-and-furious-contempt-vote-to-be-held-thursday/2012/06/25/gJQAefHY2V_blog.html

Weak-kneed Pubbies better not puss out, they fail to pass this, they might as well all resign.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #602 on: June 26, 2012, 10:51:30 AM »

In the letter, Issa tells Obama that the assertion means one of two things: either the highest levels of the White House were involved in the effort to mislead Congress on OF&F, or Obama is deliberately obstructing the investigation:

“Your privilege assertion means one of two things,” Issa wrote to the president in a letter dated June 25. “Either you or your most senior advisors were involved in managing Operation Fast & Furious and the fallout from it, including the false February 4, 2011 letter provided by the attorney general to the committee, or, you are asserting a presidential power that you know to be unjustified solely for the purpose of further obstructing a congressional investigation.”

Issa said Obama’s assertion of executive privilege “raised the question” about the veracity of how the “White House has steadfastly maintained that it has not had any role in advising the department with respect to the congressional investigation.”

Keep the pressure up Issa!  ::thumbsup::
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:58:03 AM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #603 on: June 26, 2012, 11:44:58 AM »

In the letter, Issa tells Obama that the assertion means one of two things: either the highest levels of the White House were involved in the effort to mislead Congress on OF&F, or Obama is deliberately obstructing the investigation:

“Your privilege assertion means one of two things,” Issa wrote to the president in a letter dated June 25. “Either you or your most senior advisors were involved in managing Operation Fast & Furious and the fallout from it, including the false February 4, 2011 letter provided by the attorney general to the committee, or, you are asserting a presidential power that you know to be unjustified solely for the purpose of further obstructing a congressional investigation.”

Issa said Obama’s assertion of executive privilege “raised the question” about the veracity of how the “White House has steadfastly maintained that it has not had any role in advising the department with respect to the congressional investigation.”

Keep the pressure up Issa!  ::thumbsup::

Translation - One dirtbag lying POS or many, who cares, you suck and you're going down.

Members ought to realize this before voting Thursday.  Because in a sane world populated with people of good character there should not be ONE VOTE against contempt!

RickZ

« Reply #604 on: June 26, 2012, 03:52:12 PM »
What some people still can't wrap their heads around is the idea that the deaths of these agents, and the civilians in Mexico, weren't simply acceptable collateral damage, no no no, it was in fact the goal of the operation.  Either proposition is sick, but the latter one doubly so.  They wanted death and gore so they could sit back and point sanctimonious fingers at 2nd Amendment defenders.  It was all a deliberate effort to undermine the US Constitution, you know, the document they made quaint little oaths to defend.  In other words, it's treasonous dereliction of duty.

Very good point.  It's also why I get tired of it being referred to as 'botched'.  The only thing botched about the operation was an American Border Patrol Agent was killed and the Administration's fingerprints are all over that weapon.

This really is the crux of the scandal, people being able to wrap their heads around the nightmare of an overly cynical progressive Administration looking to create death and mayhem in Mexico by selling guns ultimately to cartels without the Mexican Government's knowledge or permission all to further erode the gun rights of Americans here.  Talk about going rogue.

Like I said above, it really is the stuff one would find in the plot of a popular political mystery thriller.  But maybe that's the extent of Owebama's knowledge of political leadership, of political power -- novels.  Most likely watched reruns of The West Wing for pointers, too.  And of course, American Idle.

Our brave Sir Golfsalot:  When the going gets tough, you'll find him on the links.  Or holding a campaign rally.  I guess one could say that for an Owebama under stress, a campaign rally is comfort food.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #605 on: June 26, 2012, 05:20:40 PM »
 I guess one could say that for an Owebama under stress, a campaign rally is comfort food.

He's doing 5 or 6 today.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

RickZ

« Reply #606 on: June 26, 2012, 05:27:11 PM »
 I guess one could say that for an Owebama under stress, a campaign rally is comfort food.

He's doing 5 or 6 today.

So you're saying those campaign rallies are more like crack or heroin?  Figures.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #607 on: June 26, 2012, 08:19:28 PM »
Once a   ::pimp::  always a   ::pimp::  !

Time to give the   ::pimp::  the   ::asskicking::  !

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #608 on: June 26, 2012, 09:48:00 PM »

He's doing 5 or 6 today.

So you're saying those campaign rallies are more like crack or heroin?  Figures.

Yea, he's a malignant narcissist - what else would anyone expect him to do to get his jollies?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #609 on: June 26, 2012, 10:19:12 PM »

He's doing 5 or 6 today.

Yea, he's a malignant narcissist - what else would anyone expect him to do to get his jollies?

Exactly.  He didn't really want the job -- no guts -- he just wanted the glory.  And the perks.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #610 on: June 27, 2012, 12:32:52 AM »

He's doing 5 or 6 today.

Exactly.  He didn't really want the job -- no guts -- he just wanted the glory.  And the perks.

And the worshipful adoration of his subjects.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #611 on: June 28, 2012, 08:13:47 AM »
LINK

The Congressional Black Caucus has called a members-only "emergency" meeting on Thursday to plot a "walkout strategy" ahead of the scheduled contempt vote of Attorney General Eric Holder later in the day.

The plans, detailed in an email from the executive director of the Congressional Black Caucus obtained by the Alley, include circulating a letter disapproving of the vote and having lawmakers walk out of the Capitol to hold a press conference during the roll call.

Fleabagging goes national...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #612 on: June 28, 2012, 10:46:35 AM »
LINK

The Congressional Black Caucus has called a members-only "emergency" meeting on Thursday to plot a "walkout strategy" ahead of the scheduled contempt vote of Attorney General Eric Holder later in the day.

The plans, detailed in an email from the executive director of the Congressional Black Caucus obtained by the Alley, include circulating a letter disapproving of the vote and having lawmakers walk out of the Capitol to hold a press conference during the roll call.

Fleabagging goes national...

Let them walk out and stay the eff out.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #613 on: June 28, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »

They are voting now.  Time remaining:12:21

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #614 on: June 28, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »
Thanks, CO.

Please keep us posted because we, by all means, certainly need something else to be furious about.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #615 on: June 28, 2012, 03:33:56 PM »

Not so fast, they just voted down a motion to send it
back to committee, now they will vote on his contempt.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #616 on: June 28, 2012, 03:43:43 PM »

Now, he just said the motion to reconsider has passed then
the mic went dead and they are all shuffling around stepping
and fetching.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #617 on: June 28, 2012, 03:47:19 PM »
Bipartisan House Majority Votes to Hold Holder in Criminal Contempt

The House of Representatives voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress. The vote was 255 ayes, 67 nays, and 1 present vote.

Seventeen Democrats joined with 238 Republicans to vote for the contempt charges against Holder, while over 100 Democrats did not vote, most of them ceremoniously walking out of the House chamber in protest.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #618 on: June 28, 2012, 03:53:30 PM »

WTF, CSPAN has Lungren asking for a vote for subpoena enforcement authority.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #619 on: June 28, 2012, 04:00:17 PM »
Like we didn't already know Holder is full of contempt.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."