Author Topic: McCain 2.0 Strikes Again: Dan Crenshaw Supports Gun Confiscation  (Read 6526 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Congressman Dan Crenshaw wants to bring Minority Report style ‘pre-crime’ policing to the United States.]

I had some hopes for this guy, butttttt ........he's another big gov, Establishment puke.

... Crenshaw’s endorsement of The Threat Assessment, Prevention, and Safety (TAPS) Act reveals his establishment colors.

BLP previously reported on the TAPS Act introduced by Congressman Brian Babin (TX-36) in the House of Representatives and Senator Marco Rubio (FL) in the Senate:
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: McCain 2.0 Strikes Again: Dan Crenshaw Supports Gun Confiscation
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 07:25:21 AM »
I think it is a flaw in his nature that stems from a good place and not a nefarious place like some others we know.

At one point in time or another we've all been there...the law and order conservatives, the honorable military veteran...an idealism born in another age when institutions and people weren't as rampantly corrupt, selfish and petty like they are today...he should be old enough to know better but when I was in my 30's I still struggled with this part of myself...perhaps he is merely temporarily lost and not entirely gone...once he realizes there are precious few people you can trust and so many you cannot and that institutions no longer function as they should or should not exist to begin with...

It can be a long journey and it is made long by our own better flaws in our nature...

I hope he can get there...and soon...but all that being said...this stance if it stands is terribly disappointing.

:(
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 07:45:52 AM »
I think it is a flaw in his nature that stems from a good place and not a nefarious place like some others we know.

Don't gawdam care; the end result for people like me is the same regardless of his motivation.  And, besides, I think you're mistaken.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

? C. S. Lewis
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 07:59:32 AM »

Don't gawdam care; the end result for people like me is the same regardless of his motivation.  And, besides, I think you're mistaken.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

? C. S. Lewis

Oh I agree...being betrayed by ones own ally stings worse than the expected betrayal of clear enemies (and stings worse the closer they are to us), that's an eternal truth.  You are writing him off now, which is fine and you may be correct...I'll give it a bit of time, see if he comes to his senses once bills start churning and the rhetoric gets silly...perhaps when he sees the allies lining up for such nonsense he'll have second thoughts...maybe he pays attention to who elected him...or not...

Likely you are right and I am foolish to let it play out...in truth whatever happens now or later doesn't matter...

Deus Vult

ETA - And is it just a game of follow the leader?

This betrayal I would argue stings worse...

We must seek real, bipartisan solutions. We have to do that in a bipartisan manner. That will truly make America safer and better for all.

First, we must do a better job of identifying and acting on early warning signs. I am directing the Department of Justice to work in partisan -- partnership with local, state, and federal agencies, as well as social media companies, to develop tools that can detect mass shooters before they strike.

As an example, the monster in the Parkland high school in Florida had many red flags against him, and yet nobody took decisive action. Nobody did anything. Why not?

Second, we must stop the glorification of violence in our society. This includes the gruesome and grisly video games that are now commonplace. It is too easy today for troubled youth to surround themselves with a culture that celebrates violence. We must stop or substantially reduce this, and it has to begin immediately. Cultural change is hard, but each of us can choose to build a culture that celebrates the inherent worth and dignity of every human life. That’s what we have to do.

Third, we must reform our mental health laws to better identify mentally disturbed individuals who may commit acts of violence and make sure those people not only get treatment, but, when necessary, involuntary confinement. Mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger, not the gun.

Fourth, we must make sure that those judged to pose a grave risk to public safety do not have access to firearms, and that, if they do, those firearms can be taken through rapid due process. That is why I have called for red flag laws, also known as extreme risk protection orders.

Today, I am also directing the Department of Justice to propose legislation ensuring that those who commit hate crimes and mass murders face the death penalty, and that this capital punishment be delivered quickly, decisively, and without years of needless delay.

::pullhair::

PS - A new study, published in Psychiatry Research, has concluded that psychiatric diagnoses are scientifically worthless as tools to identify discrete mental health disorders.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:07:25 AM by Libertas »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 08:32:22 AM »
Yeah, and Trump can eff off in this regard as well.

"Bigotry, racism and White Supremacy"?  Yeah?  Okay.  Bullspit.  I'll say this:  White people, particularly men, are being denigrated and hounded with accusations of the worst kind and this is while we're still in the majority!!

WTF is going to happen to us when we reach minority status in this country?

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 12:16:14 PM »

"Bigotry, racism and White Supremacy"?  Yeah?  Okay.  Bullspit.  I'll say this:  White people, particularly men, are being denigrated and hounded with accusations of the worst kind and this is while we're still in the majority!!

The Constitution will be ashes by then...making it easier to kick doors in, kill people...or drag them to boxcars and camps and torture and kill them...

There will be no privacy, no individual, no escape from relentless horror of The State...

And they think there will be no opposition to worry about...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 04:30:45 PM »

The Constitution will be ashes by then...making it easier to kick doors in, kill people...or drag them to boxcars and camps and torture and kill them...

There will be no privacy, no individual, no escape from relentless horror of The State...

Oookay.  BITS it is, then.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 07:36:44 AM »

Oookay.  BITS it is, then.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 07:59:07 AM »
Ahhh, yes...the Brownshirts aka pAntifa thugs are called up to redflag political opponents!

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/08/06/representative-joaquin-castro-redflags-trump-supporters-for-immediate-targeting/

Let them fire the first shot...

Then...

Be a Patriot. 

PS - Just for giggles...

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/?committee_id=C00497933&two_year_transaction_period=2020&data_type=processed
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:13:17 AM by Libertas »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 10:22:05 AM »
Interesting comment from the CTH article:

Can’t answer that, but as far as CNN goes, I would guess that at the unofficial designation for Trump supporters.

Due to some personal events today I found myself at a bar with CNN on the TV for an hour an a half, a rare circumstance for me. For those who haven’t traveled much outside the conservative news bubble, I thought I’d give you an update on today’s “real” headlines.

White Supremacist Terror Is On The Rise
Trump’s Latest Remarks After Latest Shootings Condemned As Racist
NRA Spent $1.4 Million To Defeat Background Check Bills
McConnell Refuses To Call Senate Back From Recess For Background Check Law
Kudlow Downplays Effects Of Tariffs And Trade Policies

I’ll post urgent updates as they come in.

The closest I get to cnn is when I wipe so I am unaware to the degree that they agitate the left. Of course I don't watch fox either so I have no idea if they are employing similar tactics.

There was a comment from an FBI agent that directly links motivation for the El Paso shooting to dhimmicrat campaigners promises to provide free healthcare to illegals. I haven't found confirmation of that yet.

It is increasingly evident that interests are ramping up passions all across America. There can be no other endgame than more of what we've seen (dimwits committing mass shootings).

Carlson points out that the left complained that Trump failed to condemn the shooters quickly enough and then complained that his statement was insincere when he did speak. Heads you win, tails I lose.

Everything the left is doing aims to alienate, ostracize, and disarm us. Essentially drawing us into a corner. They're doing this in the full knowledge of what happens when someone is cornered - they strike back.

So keep poking the bear libs - that's a great strategy.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 12:13:45 PM »
Interesting comment from the CTH article:

Can’t answer that, but as far as CNN goes, I would guess that at the unofficial designation for Trump supporters.

Due to some personal events today I found myself at a bar with CNN on the TV for an hour an a half, a rare circumstance for me. For those who haven’t traveled much outside the conservative news bubble, I thought I’d give you an update on today’s “real” headlines.

White Supremacist Terror Is On The Rise
Trump’s Latest Remarks After Latest Shootings Condemned As Racist
NRA Spent $1.4 Million To Defeat Background Check Bills
McConnell Refuses To Call Senate Back From Recess For Background Check Law
Kudlow Downplays Effects Of Tariffs And Trade Policies

I’ll post urgent updates as they come in.

The closest I get to cnn is when I wipe so I am unaware to the degree that they agitate the left. Of course I don't watch fox either so I have no idea if they are employing similar tactics.

There was a comment from an FBI agent that directly links motivation for the El Paso shooting to dhimmicrat campaigners promises to provide free healthcare to illegals. I haven't found confirmation of that yet.

It is increasingly evident that interests are ramping up passions all across America. There can be no other endgame than more of what we've seen (dimwits committing mass shootings).

Carlson points out that the left complained that Trump failed to condemn the shooters quickly enough and then complained that his statement was insincere when he did speak. Heads you win, tails I lose.

Everything the left is doing aims to alienate, ostracize, and disarm us. Essentially drawing us into a corner. They're doing this in the full knowledge of what happens when someone is cornered - they strike back.

So keep poking the bear libs - that's a great strategy.

Yup...every message they send is filled with love, hope, tolerance and understanding and human decency...isn't it?

;)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 12:24:58 PM »
Add Turncoat Turner to the forces of darkness...

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/07/748827083/signs-of-republican-movement-to-support-gun-bills-with-new-restrictions

Chickenshat idjit!

Look to thyself, fool!

And, serious food for serious thought -

Yup, even Californicated's know the demofascists are full of it on this score!

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/08/05/inquiries-into-license-to-carry-classes-up-after-mass-shootings/

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 12:34:21 PM »
That first PP one I need for a bumper sticker. ::oldman::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 01:01:11 PM »
... Carlson points out that the left complained that Trump failed to condemn the shooters quickly enough and then complained that his statement was insincere when he did speak. Heads you win, tails I lose.

That's why one never, never, ever gives them -- the Left -- what they are demanding.

SJWs always double down.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 08:52:04 PM »
   If he's such a believer let him come and get them.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 12:18:11 PM »
... Carlson points out that the left complained that Trump failed to condemn the shooters quickly enough and then complained that his statement was insincere when he did speak. Heads you win, tails I lose.

That's why one never, never, ever gives them -- the Left -- what they are demanding.

SJWs always double down.

Unless it is an ass-whuppin'...or deportation.   ::cool::

How about a double...tap?!    :D

PS - You see Pervowood's demofascist thug recruiting flick coming out?

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/the-hunt-movie-deplorables

Peace, tolerance...love...can't ya just feeeeel it from these HINO's?!

Molan Labe!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:03:29 PM by Libertas »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 01:21:59 PM »
Interesting take...

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2019/09/06/court-ruling-terrorism-watch-list-spell-doom-red-flag-laws/

...but waiting for the courts to get something right is a long wait for train that don't come...in too many cases.

Since it might get tested first in a Kangaroo Court...best come ready for a joke...