Author Topic: Ric Ocasek, 75  (Read 816 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Ric Ocasek, 75
« on: September 16, 2019, 07:55:41 AM »
https://iotwreport.com/ric-ocasek-dead/

Wasn't a huge fan of The Cars but there is no denying they had some catchy tunes...and I recall nothing immediately annoying about the guy...other than he took the wife I wanted.  ;)

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Ric Ocasek, 75
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 12:10:40 PM »
And she was his third (and last, as it turns out) wife, no less.  The article I read said he has six sons.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 12:37:08 PM »
Ya...not the most attractive of dudes...I coulda had chance!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 01:55:26 PM »
Another first album from my freshman year @ Rutgers - - with me as a then heavy mileage marathon runner, outlasting ANY dude on the dance floor (and reaping the co-ed benefits, therein -
“I liked the nightlife baby”).

Also - news reports of him being 75 are inaccurate - born in 1949, he was just 70 (a popular age for rock stars to check out: 69/70).

RIP, Ric.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 03:39:10 PM »
Another first album from my freshman year @ Rutgers - - with me as a then heavy mileage marathon runner, outlasting ANY dude on the dance floor (and reaping the co-ed benefits, therein -
“I liked the nightlife baby”).

Also - news reports of him being 75 are inaccurate - born in 1949, he was just 70 (a popular age for rock stars to check out: 69/70).

RIP, Ric.

From the account I read, his year of birth is uncertain.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"