Topics > Entertainment

Smurfs Are Evil? Who Knew? (very stupid, okay, I'll give you that)

(1/1)

trapeze:
I'm shocked! Shocked!

Some French dude hates Smurfs. But they love Jerry Lewis over there so I don't know what the problem is.

--- Quote ---The tribe of little blue creatures who live peacefully among the mushrooms are “steeped in Stalinism and Nazism,” according to a French sociologist.

“Collective work always focuses on self-sufficiency for food and energy,” Antoine Buéno states in “Le Petit Livre Bleu” (The Little Blue Book). “The Smurfs do not have private property; their leader is Papa Smurf who shows very authoritarian and paternalistic characteristics.”
Buéno also accuses the hapless Smurfs of racism.

“The first comic strip, ‘The Black Smurfs,’ was intimately concerned with what you might classify as a racial threat,” Buéno told the Wall Street Journal. “Because in that album, the Smurfs are sick. And when they’re sick, they don’t turn purple or red or anything like that, they become black. And when they become black, they lose all trace of intelligence. They become completely moronic. And further more, they can no longer speak, they just go ‘nyap nyap nyap.’”
--- End quote ---

I guess there is a Smurf movie coming out (*yawn*). So yet another movie where Hollywood is reduced to farming children's cartoons for their material.

LINK

Glock32:
I recall reading something like this years ago. It further went on to say that Papa Smurf wore all red, and bore a resemblance to Karl Marx. I guess Brainy Smurf was the sycophantic Commissar, and Gargamel represented Western Capital.

trapeze:
In the article it says that Gargamel represents Jews. The Smurfs are terrorized by Gargamel but they always end up getting the better of him. With Gargamel as the Jew, I'm not sure what the message is supposed to be there.

trapeze:
LINK to WSJ video story about this.

Who knew that Smurfs would rate a story with the WSJ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version