Author Topic: Romney Commits Political Suicide Re: Global Warming  (Read 3021 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Romney Commits Political Suicide Re: Global Warming
« on: June 03, 2011, 08:21:51 PM »
This is what the end of a campaign looks like...

(Reuters) - Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney broke with Republican orthodoxy on Friday by saying he believes that humans are responsible, at least to some extent, for climate change.

"I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that," he told a crowd of about 200 at a town hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Wow. Begin and end your campaign in the same week.

LINK

I don't know how you can top this. Perhaps if he takes a pro-illegal immigration stand, too. And, no, if he won't denounce RomneyCare then he is married to this policy position, too.

Someone must have turned up the stupid knob on him and forgot to dial it back before this appearance.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:25:08 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Romney Commits Political Suicide Re: Global Warming
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 08:28:07 PM »
In addressing climate change and energy policy, Romney called on the United States to break its dependence on foreign oil, and expand alternative energies including solar, wind, nuclear and clean coal.

Just what I want in a candidate to oppose Barrack O'Bama: Someone who stands with O'Bama on energy policy.

"Hey, dummy! We have that now. How's that $4/gallon gas working out? I'll wait while you pull your head out of your ass."

Is there anybody on this forum that wants to defend this? *crickets* Any big Romney fans?

I'll wait.  (looks at watch, taps foot)

I don't seem to remember this being part of his doomed 2008 campaign. So this is one of the "differences" that is supposed to put him over the top this time around? I can't wait to see what the follow up to this steaming pile of crap is going to be.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:42:46 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 08:33:34 PM »
I ain't waiting, I'll be moving along without his sorry-ass statist positions.

"Soo-ee-siiiiide".  Good.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 08:36:31 PM »

So I guess he's a Mormon and a Warmist. One religion just wasn't enough for Mitt.

I don’t speak for the scientific community, of course, but I believe that the world is getting warmer, and No. 2, I believe that humans contribute to that. And so I think it’s important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may well be significant contributors to the climate change and the global warming that you’re seeing.

Personally, I'm not seeing any global warming. But then, I'm not a Warmist and therefore I don't have the faith needed to see such things.

How long before he attempts to vainly claim the Reagan mantle of conservatism?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:44:05 PM by trapeze »

Offline sablegsd

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 09:01:57 PM »
Stick a fork in him, he's done.   ::popcorn::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 09:22:23 PM »
I can't say "I told ya so" because I didn't say anything, but I just had a sense that mittens would implode. I just didn't think he would do it so soon.

Bobby D wrote; "It doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing" which is a colorful way of saying that some things are so obvious that it takes no special expertise to recognize it.

Mittens could hire the whole National Weather Service and still not have to sense to walk out of the rain.

I rate this a 6.2  ::beertoast::

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 09:32:00 PM »
So who's the winner for fastest self-destruct, Gingrich or Romney?
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 09:33:18 PM »
You want vid? Got yer vid right here, campers...

I see this and my only thought is that, as smart as Mitt is purported to be, he isn't smart enough to be president.
  • Only a complete doofus would double down on stupid against the base in the primaries
  • You have to be pretty vacant to have (as we all were) witness to ClimateGate and not come away convinced that AGW is a fraud

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 09:35:11 PM »
So who's the winner for fastest self-destruct, Gingrich or Romney?

I'm not sure. Did Gingrich ever get around to actually announcing? Regardless, Mitt announces one day and a day or two later commits one of the biggest blunders imaginable with the base. The Tea Party will avoid him like Dracula.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »
Little by little the way is being cleared for the only real candidate.  Seems almost Providential, it does.   ::thinking::
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »
Wow....Romney wasted no time declaring he isn't a conservative.....and stupid....Or was that McCain in a Romney mask?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 10:06:03 PM »

I think that Huckabee is responsible for this.

He has a Romney voodoo doll and he's been feeding it brie, quiche and veggie burgers, reading it articles by Noam Chomsky and forcing it to watch Rachel Maddow on MSNBC.

Either that or Romney is just a boob.

I'm going with boob.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »
Little by little the way is being cleared for the only real candidate.  Seems almost Providential, it does.   ::thinking::

I was thinking exactly that myself. The Ruling Class RINOs have come right out and committed big gaffes early in the primary season. Perhaps someone is not quite ready to give up on the noble American experiment....
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 10:45:53 PM »
He can add an anchor to the millstone around his neck already. If god forbid this clown somehow does get the nod I'm staying home. This is the time for somebody to step up and declare that they are in. Christie would be treated like royalty right about here.Cain could step up and jump on Mitt and get rid of him right here.The ladies out there need to stomp him like a rented mule this weekend.

Barnhart nailed him.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 11:00:42 PM »
He can add an anchor to the millstone around his neck already. If god forbid this clown somehow does get the nod I'm staying home. This is the time for somebody to step up and declare that they are in. Christie would be treated like royalty right about here.Cain could step up and jump on Mitt and get rid of him right here.The ladies out there need to stomp him like a rented mule this weekend.

Barnhart nailed him.

Christie is problematic on several fronts. Refusing to sign on to the lawsuit against ObamaCare being only the most glaring.

Mark Levin minces no words in his opposition to Christie as a national candidate. As only the quickest link I could find (from mid Feb) you can read what he has to say on the matter here.

It starts like this:

When will my dear friend Ann start to address the substantive problems with Christie's actual positions or are we going to get another year of "only Christie can win" fortune cookie logic?

Does she support his positions on: gun control, amnesty, the appointment of an Islamist to the bench, the green agenda, his campaigning for Mike Castle, his MIA on health care litigation, etc.; and how does she think this would energize the base outside of New Jersey?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 11:11:01 PM »

Barnhart nailed him.

Christie is problematic on several fronts. Refusing to sign on to the lawsuit against ObamaCare being only the most glaring.

Mark Levin minces no words in his opposition to Christie as a national candidate. As only the quickest link I could find (from mid Feb) you can read what he has to say on the matter here.

It starts like this:

When will my dear friend Ann start to address the substantive problems with Christie's actual positions or are we going to get another year of "only Christie can win" fortune cookie logic?

Does she support his positions on: gun control, amnesty, the appointment of an Islamist to the bench, the green agenda, his campaigning for Mike Castle, his MIA on health care litigation, etc.; and how does she think this would energize the base outside of New Jersey?

That ^^^.  Double-plus ungood.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 12:07:51 AM »

I was thinking exactly that myself. The Ruling Class RINOs have come right out and committed big gaffes early in the primary season. Perhaps someone is not quite ready to give up on the noble American experiment....

Agreed gentlemen, it may not be long before we achieve a quorum at that thought.  Personally, I seek that help for us and America every day.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 07:09:50 AM »
This is America, People! Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Mine:

"I believe the world is getting warmer more stupid, and I believe that humans Romney has contributed to that," -BAS
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 08:48:40 AM »
Stick a fork in him, he's done.   ::popcorn::

Holy cow, it got warm, well, really hot, late in the spring, suddenly it's caused by AGW. Nobody knows it's hot like a roofer on a hot swealtering dayexcept that is a politician that never gets out of the AC. Ann said it best, GO HOME MITT!

"Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney broke with Republican orthodoxy on Friday by saying he believes that humans are responsible, at least to some extent, for climate change."
As if he was ever part of it to begin with. His record of toting liberal orthodoxy, gay marraige, universal healthcare, global governance and now this pretty much sets it in concrete, he's a stark raving looney liberal. ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 08:53:28 AM »
This is America, People! Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Mine:

"I believe the world is getting warmer more stupid, and I believe that humans Romney has contributed to that," -BAS
::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.