Author Topic: Virginia strays hard from Founders like Washington, Jefferson, Henry & Lee  (Read 7772 times)

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: Virginia strays hard from Founders like Washington, Jefferson, Henry & Lee
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »
  GET OUT ASAP.  Can't win a vote get out.

I plan to, unfortunately ASAP depends on when I can retire/get a job paying what I currently earn.

Job market is good check around it cant hurt. How long to retirement?

Depends, I'm 58 turning 59 in July.  With my current investments 7 to 10 years (I need Social Security), my ex cleaned out all of my retirement accounts (divorce in Ca = 1/2 of everything).  I'm hoping by the time I need to walk away, my home will have some decent equity and I can purchase something elsewhere outright.  Elsewhere = no/low State Tax, low Property Tax, low cost of living.   I have been a high wage earner, so I'll max SS, I need to find somewhere that my SS income will cover food, gas, utilities and property tax.  Do you Know where this nirvana exists?

Eschew Obfuscation

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Virginia strays hard from Founders like Washington, Jefferson, Henry & Lee
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2020, 08:13:44 PM »
  GET OUT ASAP.  Can't win a vote get out.

I plan to, unfortunately ASAP depends on when I can retire/get a job paying what I currently earn.

Job market is good check around it cant hurt. How long to retirement?

Depends, I'm 58 turning 59 in July.  With my current investments 7 to 10 years (I need Social Security), my ex cleaned out all of my retirement accounts (divorce in Ca = 1/2 of everything).  I'm hoping by the time I need to walk away, my home will have some decent equity and I can purchase something elsewhere outright.  Elsewhere = no/low State Tax, low Property Tax, low cost of living.   I have been a high wage earner, so I'll max SS, I need to find somewhere that my SS income will cover food, gas, utilities and property tax.  Do you Know where this nirvana exists?

All I can say is I came to N.C. but I'm sure that there are several places around. I'm happy here.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The Northam-Effect (a sub-set of the greater Communist/Fascist-Effect)...sending Virginian's scrambling for hardware before none can be had...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/06/virginia-gun-sales-surge-157-percent-in-june-2020/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.