Author Topic: Bachmann hires Ed Rollins  (Read 1747 times)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Bachmann hires Ed Rollins
« on: June 07, 2011, 06:40:22 AM »
While the news is using this to point out that it's proof she is running, I think there's another side

Bachmann has been trying to distinguish herself from Palin.

Ed Rollins previously told Sarah " I knew Reagan. You're no Reagan"

Thoughts?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Bachmann hires Ed Rollins
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 07:10:41 AM »
I do not want to speculate without more info, do you have a link?  I have not seen this news and being in her district I usually am clued in to more of her goings on.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:15:45 AM »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 07:34:14 AM »
I don't see an advantage to Bachmann intentionally dissing Palin. Pretty much the exact same people love both for the exact same reasons. If both are running, they'll both have to be careful not to appear catty to one another. That may be unfair, sexist, blah-blah, but I think it's the situation nonetheless.

I think Bachmann hired Rollins because he organized a damn strong campaign for the Huckster and appears to have the chops and savvy to get the job done.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 07:41:46 AM »
Thanks for the link AP.

RedState links to a CBS sourced article, interesting reading the comments left there by all the proglodytes who view both individuals, well all three actually, with heaps of derision, so based upon that fact alone I am inclined to like the pairing even more.  Rollins is not an idiot and he did get a much more flawed candidate in the Huckster off to a good start the last time around.  As to any Bachmann/Palin rivalry, I think I know Michele enough to say with certitude that she would not do anything to disparage Sarah and likely will not tolerate it from her new hire.  Michele could be uniquely positioned to greatly influence the eventual selection and with Tea Party support could introduce an interesting and powerful voice to the entire debate.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »
Rollins came out this morning again and slammed Palin as "unserious".

So, I called all three of Bachmann's congressional offices - Woodbury, Waite Park, and DC - and let em have it, politely, of course.

I identified myself and my town, making sure to let them know that I am a 6th district constituent. I said that I have been a staunch and faithful supporter of Bachmann's and noted my financial support, offering my address if they'd like to verify my claim. I told them I have never had any reason to be concerned with the congresswoman or to disagree with her on anything (which is true) until now.

I told them that Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin occupy the same political space - that the same people appreciate both of them for the same reasons; their fearlessness, integrity, authenticity, conservatism, understanding of American exceptionalism, etc. I told them that for better or worse, these women have the same constituency when on the national stage, and that their defenders defend them both from the same kind of attacks from both the Left and the GOP establishment.

I told them, finally, that Ed Rollins attacking Sarah Palin in any attempt to capitalize on the Leftist and GOP establishment derision and ridicule would not be met favorably by those people to whom Michele Bachmann hopes to appeal. My words were to the effect of, "if Rollins insists on trying to separate Bachmann from Palin by engaging in the same kinds of attacks we're seeing from the Left and the GOP establishment who attack BOTH women in the same ways, there are gonna be a whole helluva lot of pissed off former Bachmann supporters who will see this as an establishment tactic by the congresswoman against Palin."

I told them to tell her to put a leash on Rollins, and anyone else who thinks they can elevate Bachmann by tearing down Palin.

Lastly, I made sure to give my hearty endorsement to Michele Bachmann, that someday my greatest hope for her would be that she could become Speaker of the House.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:58:57 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 02:14:05 PM »
Good work IDP!

I don't live there but I think I'll do the same.

Plus will add this to the twitter-verse...you know they're all watching that now! lol
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 02:41:18 PM »

What winning campaigns has Rollins managed?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 02:41:54 PM »
Was this on the radio or something IDP?  I haven't had a lot of time to peruse the net today but I haven't seen anything about this latest attack on Palin.  I'll have to fire out a response to reign that hired hand in too apparently!

::gaah::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 02:48:04 PM »
Was this on the radio or something IDP?  I haven't had a lot of time to peruse the net today but I haven't seen anything about this latest attack on Palin.  I'll have to fire out a response to reign that hired hand in too apparently!

::gaah::

It was in an interview with Brian Kilmeade on his Fox Radio show. Synopsis from Politico HERE. Yeah, Ben Smith's a Leftist hack, but Rollins said what he said, and it needs to be dealt with.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 03:46:10 PM »
Michele Malkin had a comment on twitter earlier today that she hoped the two camps didn't go after each other.

Someone else posted that Palin said the more the merrier
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 07:55:02 PM »
Daily Caller

“Sarah has not been serious over the last couple of years,” Rollins said. “She got the vice-presidential thing handed to her. She didn’t go to work in the sense of trying gain more substance. She gave up her governorship. You know, I think Michele Bachmann and others have worked hard. She has been a leader of the Tea Party, which is a very important element here. She’s an attorney, done extraordinary things with family values and what have you. So I think she will connect. She’s a great, great communicator and I would say in the race right [now] today, she is probably the best communicator.” _ _ _ Ed Rollins

Video:
http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/07/bachmann-campaign-manager-rips-palin-she-has-not-been-serious#ooid=g2dWdpMjppXmKI9BhzwsiDGxxXaye9ja

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 09:17:56 PM »
"She’s an attorney"
Rollins thinks that's a qualifier?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 10:09:48 PM »
Daily Caller

“Sarah has not been serious over the last couple of years,” Rollins said. “She got the vice-presidential thing handed to her. She didn’t go to work in the sense of trying gain more substance. She gave up her governorship. You know, I think Michele Bachmann and others have worked hard. She has been a leader of the Tea Party, which is a very important element here. She’s an attorney, done extraordinary things with family values and what have you. So I think she will connect. She’s a great, great communicator and I would say in the race right [now] today, she is probably the best communicator.” _ _ _ Ed Rollins

Video:
http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/07/bachmann-campaign-manager-rips-palin-she-has-not-been-serious#ooid=g2dWdpMjppXmKI9BhzwsiDGxxXaye9ja

Wow....Sounds a little rovish.....but maybe not quite so harsh. What next? Is Rollins gonna say she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth?

It does sound lawyerish. Backmann must  approve of the message or it would not be happening. If this continues, I will have no choice but to question her approach. She needs to wise up.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 07:00:58 AM »
I think Ed stepped in it, brought his own bias about Sarah into his new gig and I'm going to inform Michele of my extreme displeasure over Ed's attacks on Sarah and if she is going to keep him on to be sure she lays down the law as to what her campaign is and is not about!  Unless you are in the general running against the demonrat, you gain nothing by tearing down a key player in the conservative movement, it does not enhance your standing, but makes you look petty, weak and jealous.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 10:26:12 AM »

Looking at his resume he appears to be a stringer.
It looked like the smartest independent thing he did was hire Lee Atwater
turns out Strom Thurmond caused that to happen.  "B" stringer, this is not a good sign.