Author Topic: State and local governments bans and confiscations  (Read 10657 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 02:41:49 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: State and local governments bans and confiscations
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 02:20:52 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/11/in-social-distancing-frenzy-little-rock-suburb-takes-little-girls-basketball-hoop/

... On April 6, my 12-year-old daughter was playing basketball alone at the court, as she often does, when a city truck drove over to her. She quickly came home to get me. I headed down to the court to talk to the city workers, who told me that they were taking down the basketball rim to keep groups from gathering.

... this basketball court is seldom used by anyone besides my three children and is never used by a crowd. It is a public court that my tax dollars pay for.

Reckoning.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 02:36:29 PM »
https://noqreport.com/2020/04/10/mitch-mcconnell-to-greg-fischer-banning-drive-in-religious-services-is-unconstitutional/

... Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer banned drive-in religious services ahead of Easter Sunday. This goes against CDC guidance on the issue. More importantly, it goes against the United States Constitution, specifically the 1st Amendment which prohibits government from acting against our freedom of religion. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wrote a letter to the mayor in his home state alerting him of the problem.

... Sitting in our vehicles and hearing the Word of God on Easter Sunday does not significantly increase our chances of contracting or spreading the coronavirus. The disease is simply a smokescreen to hide the left’s contempt for the hope that is within us. It’s why we’re proud to have several pastors speaking at the Saving America Conference on April 18th.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 02:54:01 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/10/indiana-governor-to-churches-worship-as-i-say-or-be-shut-down/

...     To continue safely serving their communities, faith institutions are directed as follows:

Church buildings and other physical locations for worship should be closed.
        Livestream or other virtual services are best.
        The minimum number of necessary personnel should be used at all times for any services.
        Staff and volunteers who are not speaking should wear masks.
        Drive-in services may be conducted only under these conditions:
        Attendees must be inside vehicles at all times.
        Attendees should not interact physically with clergy, staff or participants in other vehicles.
        Vehicles should contain only members of a single household. Do not bring your neighbors or others outside of your household.
        Cars must be spaced the equivalent of every other parking spot or approximately 9 feet apart.
        No one may exit a vehicle at any time.
        Portable bathrooms are not allowed on the premises and no church facilities may be used by attendees.
        It is preferred that no communion be distributed.
        In instances when communion is distributed, only prepackaged communion may be used and must be prepared and distributed in a manner that meets food safety standards.

The following individuals who are vulnerable and at higher risk for illness should not attend:

Persons who are 65 years and older.
        Those who have severe underlying medical conditions, like heart or lung disease or diabetes.
        Individuals who are sick.

New info from Governor's office says the above list was separate from the E.O. however:

Hans Fiene @HansFiene
     · 23h
    Replying to @JoyPullmann @GovHolcomb

So he was pretending to ban non-happy-meal-kit communion but didn't actually do it?

Joy Pullmann
    ?
    @JoyPullmann

As far as people can tell based on the actual executive order text, yes. Although his statement was still an official statement that comprised religious discrimination and I suspect it's legally actionable. Just not before Easter.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 05:49:34 PM »
New Jersey shut down its state parks. Although I mainly run a trail that takes me to the park, the trail's entrance is blocked with barricades. This morning I ran a county road adjacent to the park & actually entered the park near the end of the property; a section that lets me run under a bridge & avoid a busy traffic intersection that would take me over the same bridge.

On the return trip I noticed a person walking their dog in that same section. I do not think the police will police that section. If they do (most of them know me as I've been running here for close to30 years), we'll discuss it, amicably.

That same park was closed during the last NJ hurricane. That time I entered the main park, post hurricane (had it to myself) & ran my usual route. The park rangers ended up chasing me on ATV's. When they caught up with me I merely said I was exiting the park . . . via the south entrance . . which allowed me to complete the morning's run.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 06:01:56 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 05:53:02 PM »
I'll bet that, if you grab a few seed packets & use the self-check out aisle, the seeds will ring up as usual & out you go.

Last week we were in PA, picking up the new Springer pup -- stopped @ a local Walmart & bought 6 boxes of facial tissue (the limit was 2). I used the self-check aisle & it presented zero issue. That Walmart had a LOT of items my local one was out of -- we naturally stocked up (family of 4 consumers).

The REAL issue is, of course, why they're banning seeds. It seems counter intuitive: "Don't go to the store if possible, but also do not grow your own veggies??"

Forgot about the paint part. The wife & I are addressing several projects @ the homestead while staying home more than usual. We happened to buy the necessary supplies awhile ago. But not "allowing" the purchase of arbitrary items? There's ZERO authority vested in ANYBODY for doing that.
Now I'll stand happily corrected if it turns out that drinking copious amounts of Glidden Spread Satin proves to be a cure for the virus . . .

Next they'll say you can't invite the Governor over to your house for dinner & then shoot him @ the dining room table (Sicario style). Sheesh!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 06:23:23 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 12:22:42 PM »
WallyWorld is offering free shipping for orders above $35. My coffeemaker died so I just bought some other groceries to bring the total order above the threshold. Cheaper than driving there and putting up with the nonsense!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 07:44:29 AM »
They don't want people buying seeds...but they are still within reach?  Ya got pockets?!

Bleep these bleeping despots and the piss-pants cowards complying with them!

Nullification, resistance..rebellion is our God-given mandate!

H/T-WRSA
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:44:55 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 12:05:24 PM »
The Reckoning...the commies are doing everything to ensure it happens by using this over-blown virus as an excuse to be the thugs they've always wanted to be...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/04/13/it-begins-east-and-west-coast-blue-states-team-up-to-begin-economic-civil-war/

Let them try to fire the first shot...then squash 'em like the bugs they are.   ;)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 01:01:31 PM »
I committed my act of open rebellion this morning - going out to purchase flowers for my backyard and plants for my garden. I was surprised to note the traffic - there was a lot more than I was lead to believe!

The low-grade moron who is Washington's governor punted (again) and joined up with the crap-weasel from Oregon and the insane but still petty criminal from Californicate to resist Trumps restart of the economy. It's all kabuki (the worst rendering of it) and ALL pointless.

What struck me during my outing is that they've set up a dual-plane structure of "essential" people (by virtue of the work they do) and the rest of us motley crew of do-nothings.

Divide and conquer - it's the Dhimmicrat way...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 08:26:47 AM »
Rebellion is our duty!

Look at NC, the Raleigh Gestapo just deemed the Bill of Rights non-essential.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/one-arrested-raleigh-nc-police-suspend-first-amendment-declare-coronavirus-lockdown-protest-non-essential-activity/

Well, if that is true...then nothing is essential...and obeying these goons is less than non-essential!

And Demoscats, fresh off their pleading for funding of murderous Pali muzzies and Moloch faithful baby-slaughtering...are now lobbying for billions of US taxpayer dollars for the demonic caliphate of Persia.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/04/democrat-terror-caucus-uses-coronavirus-lobby-iran-daniel-greenfield/

Apprarently they enjoy being told to  ::vafancoul::

And I want to see more of this!

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/albuquerque-gun-shop-plans-to-defy-governors-order-and-reopen/5700671/?fbclid=IwAR1J11RZn6NY85GFcd5SRMSjrhOn2PgrNUAjwH7jP4FxAJdT-jZtvKdq-c8#.XpZk3ZHtMxE.facebook

Your move, sweetie!

::USA::

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 09:25:51 AM »
Saw that, seems an easy one to slap down, pathetic it has to even be discussed!   ::outrage::

See this?

First, Big Brother is voluntary...then it becomes mandatory...and viciously enforced...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/04/14/big-tech-and-state-governors-begin-initiating-covid-19-tracking-app/

And I submit...that it is lawlessness, criminality, corruption and treason at the highest levels of government being unpunished that makes all this other sh*t possible!!!

The BS stops when the gallows floor drops!!!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 05:25:18 PM »
And I submit...that it is lawlessness, criminality, corruption

Will never stand up in a court room.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 08:23:07 AM »
And I submit...that it is lawlessness, criminality, corruption

Will never stand up in a court room.

...because of lawlessness, criminality, corruption!   ::outrage::

BITS!

And rebellions grow...

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2020/04/15/open-michigan/

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/and-it-beings-angry-michiganders-surround-capital-building-demand-governor-reopen-economy

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/15/four-michigan-sheriffs-we-will-not-enforce-governor-gretchen-whitmers-edicts/

To rebellion!   ::beertoast::

PS-NJ clown is really asking for it!

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/04/15/new-jersey-governor-defends-keeping-stay-home-orders-until-late-summer-or-maybe-next-year/

I'm ready to get things going here in MN!

And as far as the Do-Nothing Obstructionist Senate Dem's are concerned and the openly hostile rogue Pelosi House is concerned...I say if they try to fight Article II, Section 3...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/04/15/president-trump-threatens-to-adjourn-congress-theyve-been-warned-and-theyre-being-warned-right-now/

...if pissing on Executive Power and leaving it hampered staffing-wise...then it pretty much renders any legitimacy the Congress has to interfere with Executive staffing and President Trump can put in place anybody he chooses and ignore any expiration since Congress has nobody to physically stop him from doing so, so a big fat showdown might be just the thing, right?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 08:43:51 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2020, 08:54:38 AM »

Despot without a clue Gov Murphy - "By what authority are you holding me at gun-point?"

Freedom Patriot - "God, the Declaration, the Bill of Rights...any last words?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2020, 11:17:00 AM »
https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-jersey-lockdown-protest-charged

Intolerable!  Demands an outpouring of righteous demonstrations of militant liberty.

In the people's gulag of Minnesota...No-Balz Walz "relaxed" Lockpocalypse Now to allow outdoor activities...

Yeah...relax this!  (obscene gesture)

Doesn't take away from the facts!  Walz eagerly destroyed our economy and wiped out untold small businesses...because he and his experts (the same experts who over-hype the data with bogus models not unlike the ones used by Michael Mann to lie about the climate...and who still overstate death statistics in a pathetic attempt to justify their tyranny) seeing an opportunity to reshape the post-hype world into their jaundiced utopia instructed him to do it. At the start of this he trotted out Andrew Zimmern to beg people to support the restaurant industry yet his closure hit them perhaps the hardest, and even his modified beer & wine sale relaxation is half-assed since mixed rinks are a huge part of their revenue.  Walz aligned himself eastward toward tyranny by joining with MI, OH, WI, IL, IN & KY and not westward toward liberty like SD, ND & WY. 

And so far the response in MN is quite lame...there's some group called Reopen Minnesota, only has 17k people signed up and they are going out of their way to be overly nice...which in times like this is tantamount to not doing anything anyway!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/849917768836595/

So much for Liberating MN.

My guess is most people are looking to the end game...cannot fault that...I can run hot and cold...

Anyway, I do encourage people to be vocal, visible and rebellious.  And perhaps larger scale rebellion is just starting.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/across-america-social-unrest-unfolds-frustrated-people-demand-reopening-economy

To rebellion!   ::beertoast::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2020, 10:03:14 PM »
I've seen it in movies, but exactly how much ordnance does it take to blow one of those reinforced SUV's to itty-bitty pieces??