Author Topic: Unbelievable what Pelosi has done to the peoples' House  (Read 728 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Unbelievable what Pelosi has done to the peoples' House
« on: May 19, 2020, 10:51:07 AM »
... Democrats approved a rule change that prevents members from debating or even asking questions about any legislation. All the power in the United House of Representatives now rests totally in the Speaker.

Additionally, Pelosi is moving the representation goalpost by allowing each member to cast votes for up to ten other members who don’t bother to show up. So instead of a majority of 218 members to constitute a quorum and 218 votes to prevail, only 22 members with proxies are necessary to show up. It will be up to non-elected employees of the House — the Sergeant at Arms and House Physician — to determine whether U.S. representatives come to work.

... Her $3.2 trillion bill grants amnesty to illegal aliens and pays them for being in America illegally. It releases convicted rapists, murderers and other felons from prison if they are over the age of fifty. It nationalizes all elections contrary to the Constitution. It attacks already cash-strapped businesses by extending family medical leave benefits while at the same time providing the perverse incentive for employees not to work by paying bonus unemployment benefits.

Instead of having a majority of members of Congress gather on the floor of the House to do our work, Pelosi’s new rule allows for only 22 members to show up and control the floor through the proxy method.

At the same time, members of Congress will be silenced and prevented from representing their constituencies because they will not be permitted to debate, raise questions and, for that matter, speak at all.

A serious consideration of what Pelosi has done here is urgent and necessary.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Unbelievable what Pelosi has done to the peoples' House
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 10:59:54 AM »

Party like 1776 time?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 12:50:34 PM »
Just think, she's # 3 and ain't a damn thing we can do about it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 12:55:59 PM »
We can root on The Reaper. 

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 02:28:50 PM »
Nah, by hook or crook we gotta get back the house and send her back to the st!t hole she came from

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 02:32:42 PM »
It's the shi!thole people who put the Ameriphobic despot in there in the first place...so it will hang around like sh!thouse stank...and trusting cowardly pubbies to do right is long wait for a train don't come...not to mention the high-hurdles of a) fair un-gamed election b) dearth of worthwhile candidates and c) GoebbelsMedia sedition and propaganda and d) anything resembling a frackin spine in so-called opposition politicians....

As the song goes...welcome to the end my friend...

::unknowncomic::
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:35:43 PM by Libertas »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 08:03:19 PM »

When I read/hear about obvious grabs of power from someone, I try to do my research before I make any kind of decision. While I'm sure Rep Biggs (or his staff) have read the entire 1800+ pages of the bill, I have only skimmed through it. The entire bill is here:

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/05/12/democrats_coronavirusbill_4.pdf

Reading through the index, the only heading that could remotely hide such audacity as Nan's plan would be "DIVISION  G—ACCOUNTABILITY  AND  GOVERNMENT  OPERATIONS  Title I—Accountability Title II—Census Matters Title III—Federal Workforce Title IV—Federal Contracting Provisions Title V—District of Columbia Title VI—Other Matters". To assist in wading through it, the section starts on page 747 and ends on page 788.

And I'm just not seeing it. I have no doubt of the alcoholic hazey bitch trying it, but I can't find it in the bill. Even if it is, it doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of passing the Senate and Pres.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 10:41:52 PM »

When I read/hear about obvious grabs of power from someone, I try to do my research before I make any kind of decision. While I'm sure Rep Biggs (or his staff) have read the entire 1800+ pages of the bill, I have only skimmed through it. The entire bill is here:

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/05/12/democrats_coronavirusbill_4.pdf

Reading through the index, the only heading that could remotely hide such audacity as Nan's plan would be "DIVISION  G—ACCOUNTABILITY  AND  GOVERNMENT  OPERATIONS  Title I—Accountability Title II—Census Matters Title III—Federal Workforce Title IV—Federal Contracting Provisions Title V—District of Columbia Title VI—Other Matters". To assist in wading through it, the section starts on page 747 and ends on page 788.

And I'm just not seeing it. I have no doubt of the alcoholic hazey bitch trying it, but I can't find it in the bill. Even if it is, it doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of passing the Senate and Pres.

And the proxy voting and lockdown of debate from the Rs?  These things are not in the bill but are damn serious.  This article by Biggs is not the first I'm hearing of this; Thomas Massie was doing the radio rounds proclaiming her malfeasance on this issue.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 08:01:18 AM »
Chancellor Nancy Hitler knows exactly what she is doing and why...

It's the cowardice of those who should be doing something about it that is the real tragedy...

ETA - https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/05/the_75pages_buried_in_pelosis_1815page_heroes_act_that_would_keep_democrats_in_power_forever.html

All you can do is veto when cowards send such commie rot garbage.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:54:24 AM by Libertas »