Topics > Food & Cooking

Nabisco Saltines

(1/3) > >>

Pandora:
I went for some out of the cabinet and the stench from them was awful.  Apparently, they'd gone bad, despite me keeping the sleeves in a plastic bag.

I did some looking around via search engine and found many similar complaints, going back to 2009!

Anybody else notice this?

Pablo de Fleurs:
I'm a Keebler 'Townhouse' & 'Dippers' man, myself.

Libertas:
I've had them get stale and kinda funky before...

Never used to be that way back in the good old days...you know BO/BC...Before Obamahole, Before Clinton's...

I like a Ritz or a whatever that flat shredded wheat critter is I'm drawing a blank on...

Pandora:
Stale is one thing; these reek and taste as bad as they smell.  I have another box that I put up (and bagged them as well when I first brought 'em home); I have to check them but I'm figuring they're bad too.  When I did searches for other people's experiences, they wrote that the ones brought right from the store were off.

Nabisco obviously changed something about the way they're made, and not for the good.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: Pandora on October 15, 2020, 08:21:54 AM ---Stale is one thing; these reek and taste as bad as they smell.  I have another box that I put up (and bagged them as well when I first brought 'em home); I have to check them but I'm figuring they're bad too.  When I did searches for other people's experiences, they wrote that the ones brought right from the store were off.

Nabisco obviously changed something about the way they're made, and not for the good.

--- End quote ---

Yeah...must be using a poor substitute...or the stores found them on a back shelf out back and figured what the hell, sell 'em...

Gotta check those dates...they leave recently expired on shelves all the time hoping some sap buys it...and if you don't get to it right away...gets more at risk...

Smaller sizes and/or smaller boxes...getting screwed that way for years now...now, old or rotten ingredients?  Time to say goodbye!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version