Topics > Economy

economic conditions of fishing

(1/5) > >>

Predator Don:
Here is an old article on the condition of my favorite pasttime. Of course, a few still blame greed, but I don't think greed is spelled with an O.

http://www.standard.net/topics/sports/2010/03/21/bad-economy-has-taken-toll-pro-tournaments-fishing-supply-companies

Libertas:
Yeah, like leftist pinheads care, all they'll see is "wealthy tournament pro's feel the pinch" and they'll just snort and say "they're rich and their sponsors are rich, who cares?"...little does the leftist pinhead realize it's just not people buying high end boats, but people buying regular fishing boats, trailers, rods, reels, lures and selling bait and all the employees involved with bringing all that product and service to the marketplace!  Obamanomics is a tropical storm the size of the nation and it just sits on top of us and grinds everything it touches!  This is but one example of the misery these proglodytes have brought upon us!  Think elections don't have consequences?  Think the wrong person at the wrong time can be had without feeling pain?  I hope all those idiots who voted for Obama feel really good about making history!  They're gonna feel something completely different soon if they haven't already!

AlanS:
I guess I've always been a cheap bastage. I bought almost all of my rods and reels second hand. You can get quality equipment for a lot cheaper that way. I did buy my boat new, but it's an 18' aluminum boat with a 115, is 10 yrs old, and STILL does everything I ask of it. And I still haven't paid over $7 for a bait.

But then again, I don't fish tourney's. In fact, I don't even get on the water on the week-ends because of all the idiots that come out of the wood work.

Libertas:
You can still buy some things new, Fleet Farm often has really good deals!   ;)

I hear ya on weekends, have not fished a MN metro lake in years, a person could die on Minnetonka with all the jackasses flying around hammered on that lake!

charlesoakwood:

It reflects and affects the whole economy.  Buying new items, boats or rod and reels affirms every manufacturer of the parts down to screws and glue.  Buying used is the same.  Buy something used
and the seller will go out and buy something.  It is a positive reinforcing capitalist cycle.

When something interferes with this positive cycle such as cash flow or regulation it can turn the whole cycle negative.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version