Author Topic: Start Praying.  (Read 5088 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Start Praying.
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 11:35:53 PM »

Takes after her daddy 'eh?

Her husband refers to her mothers looks and my bad attitude.She's stubborn insistant combative loving protective and an all round pain in the ass. But she's mine and I love her.

Of course she is and of course you do.

But what she did last night was stupid.  And her husband needs a lecture as well.

If you'll excuse me for saying so and I hope you do.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 10:01:46 AM »

Takes after her daddy 'eh?

Her husband refers to her mothers looks and my bad attitude.She's stubborn insistant combative loving protective and an all round pain in the ass. But she's mine and I love her.

Of course she is and of course you do.

But what she did last night was stupid.  And her husband needs a lecture as well.

If you'll excuse me for saying so and I hope you do.

I did one better,I told her grandmother what she did .And grandma reduced her to a crying mess and her hubby had to sit and take it.Nobody hands out guilt like mamma(aka the war dept).I got the call last night asking not to tell grandma anything I told her that I make no promises.

I told her that she as in such good shape as she was driving that she couldn't tell me exactly where she was with any accuracy and that was a problem for me.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 11:21:27 AM »

I did one better,I told her grandmother what she did .And grandma reduced her to a crying mess and her hubby had to sit and take it.Nobody hands out guilt like mamma(aka the war dept).I got the call last night asking not to tell grandma anything I told her that I make no promises.

I told her that she as in such good shape as she was driving that she couldn't tell me exactly where she was with any accuracy and that was a problem for me.

I'm always grateful my kids learn hard lessons without any lasting, damaging effects and hopefully then they'll avoid the bad things.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 01:54:17 PM »

I'm always grateful my kids learn hard lessons without any lasting, damaging effects and hopefully then they'll avoid the bad things.

We can only hope.There comes a fine line when thet grow uo(ahem) and get married  between parenting and meddling.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »

We can only hope.There comes a fine line when thet grow uo(ahem) and get married  between parenting and meddling.

Very true.  It is hardly meddling, however, when she calls you smack dab in the middle of doing what she oughtn't.  I'm relieved beyond rational that nothing worse happened to her while she was on her way and I hope she's feeling better.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 04:29:48 PM »

Very true.  It is hardly meddling, however, when she calls you smack dab in the middle of doing what she oughtn't.  I'm relieved beyond rational that nothing worse happened to her while she was on her way and I hope she's feeling better.

She still hasn't passed the damned thing. But when you're as far as we are from her it's tough to enforce mush.But Sometimes I wish I didn't know what was going on and then if I don't know because somebody didn't tell me I'm a wild man. But we have a good relationship and yelling at her isn't going to help in the middle of itr. So I used Grandma as the heavy.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »
That's funny, JF; that's just how Gunsmith described it, "used Grandma as the heavy", word for word.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 04:34:26 PM »
That's funny, JF; that's just how Gunsmith described it, "used Grandma as the heavy", word for word.

I'm easy to read. ::unknowncomic::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 07:17:01 AM »

She still hasn't passed the damned thing. But when you're as far as we are from her it's tough to enforce mush.But Sometimes I wish I didn't know what was going on and then if I don't know because somebody didn't tell me I'm a wild man. But we have a good relationship and yelling at her isn't going to help in the middle of itr. So I used Grandma as the heavy.

I remember the doc telling me the stone is close to passing and if you were my brother I'd request you pass it..... It took 4 days. Medicated. The moment I passed it, this weird feeling overcame me, blood in the urine, but I passed the stone. felt 100% in about an hour.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
ya know sometimes I learn more than I want on this forum

;D hehehehe
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
ya know sometimes I learn more than I want on this forum

;D hehehehe

But this is wisdom that cannot be obtained anywhere else. ::laughonfloor::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson