Author Topic: Fake Syrian Lesbo Story Dupes Media (Again)  (Read 2762 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Fake Syrian Lesbo Story Dupes Media (Again)
« on: June 09, 2011, 02:50:50 AM »
Wish fulfillment stories for the liberal media pop up again and again and this is the latest one:

Inconsistencies have cropped up in the story of a Syrian-American blogger reported to have been kidnapped by three armed men in Damascus, and now her very existence is being questioned.

The original reports, based largely on the account of a cousin of the blogger, Amina Arraf, said that Arraf was kidnapped on her way to the Syrian capital. She was highly regarded in some circles because she was an open lesbian and she condemned the Syrian government during its recent crackdown on protesters.

But a British woman came forward and said the ubiquitous picture said to be of the blogger was actually of her. Associated Press reporters tried to track down family and friends of the blogger in Virginia, where she was was said to have been born, but no public records were found with her name or her parents' names.

LINK

There's a lot more at the link but it makes me laugh that there are some news outlets out there that think we should have to pay for the crap that they dish out on a daily basis. Their over reliance on spell check is bad enough. Publishing fake stories like this, though, is just plain lazy and stupid.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Fake Syrian Lesbo Story Dupes Media (Again)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 04:42:08 AM »
I'd like to see a story about a kidnapped homo with Chris Matthews' picture attached .   ::mooning::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 06:52:42 AM »
I'd like to see a story about a kidnapped homo with Chris Matthews' picture attached .   ::mooning::

Heh, then we could start a pool on how long it will take pinheads to notice!

But hey, do we really know what makes Cwissy's leg actually tingle?

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 06:16:29 PM »
This story is an absolute lie!!There are no gay Muslims!! Everybody knows that!! ::mooning::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 05:30:04 AM »
This story is an absolute lie!!There are no gay Muslims!! Everybody knows that!! ::mooning::

You apparently haven't seen Ghadaffi's wardrobe ... They don't call him "The Liberace Of The Middle East" for nothing !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 06:41:31 AM »

You apparently haven't seen Ghadaffi's wardrobe ... They don't call him "The Liberace Of The Middle East" for nothing !

::hysterical::

He needs that wardrobe to camouflage that hideous lump on his shoulders!  He outta sue his plastic surgeon, unless he meant for his face to match his ass! 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 04:03:07 PM »
There comes a time when you have to say F-it..................
Big F'n BOOM ::cussing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow