Author Topic: "Ken" doll protesters arrested at Mattel headquarters  (Read 1034 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
"Ken" doll protesters arrested at Mattel headquarters
« on: June 09, 2011, 09:35:38 AM »
LINK

Greenpeace activists dressed as Ken dolls rappelled down the side of Mattel's headquarters on Tuesday to unfurl a banner saying Barbie packaging contributes to rainforest destruction.

The massive pink-and-blue sign on the Mattel building in El Segundo, outside Los Angeles, featured a frowning Ken declaring: "Barbie, it's over. I don't date girls that are into deforestation."

<snip>

"Unwrap the glossy pink box and you'll find Barbie's dirty secret. Her packaging is made from the rainforests of Indonesia which are being ripped down for quick profits," Greenpeace activist Rolf Skar said in an emailed statement.

"The Sumatran tiger is on the brink of extinction because companies like Mattel are looking the other way and buying paper without asking where it's coming from," Skar said.

I'm sorry the Sumatran tiger is close to extinction (and chances are there's more than one reason for that) but this is Greenpeace so it sorta makes me want to go buy a Barbie for my daughter.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: "Ken" doll protesters arrested at Mattel headquarters
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:41:17 AM »
I hope their massive sign was not made out of paper, or even worse, plastic derived from petroleum.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:45:04 AM »
I hope their massive sign was not made out of paper, or even worse, plastic derived from petroleum.

::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 11:27:45 AM »
I hope they fall and smash face-first onto the sidewalk!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »
Things are getting dumber and dumber and dumber and ....

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 12:47:59 PM »
Things are getting dumber and dumber and dumber and ....

It's beyond dumb it been "unsanity" for a hell of a long time.The part that worries me is the people that follow this crap and believe it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie