Author Topic: Conservative women not supporting conservative women  (Read 3979 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Conservative women not supporting conservative women
« on: June 09, 2011, 07:33:59 PM »
This was a topic on both Rush and Levin's shows today.

Interesting reasons given by callers as to why they don't like her--
her voice, she wouldn't do well in the debates, all the stuff the MSM and RINOs have said, etc

The women who do like her suspect it's due to jealousy.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

Re: Conservative women not supporting conservative women
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 08:30:23 PM »
Heard him talking about this yesterday and a few lady callers.
It's an interesting theory.  Polls are dubious and these may be designed
to suppress positive opinion.

I have a difficulty accepting that actual conservative women do not accept her.  Do not accept her relative to what?  The questions used in the poll would be revealing.

Pat Caddell on O'Reilly was going on about who is going to vote for a person who goes around hunting etc.? What kind of unserious thing is that?

Oh Pat, what did people think about Teddy Roosevelt running around Wyoming roping cattle, then heading to Texas, tipping his hat to the Sons of the Confederacy, then setting in the same hotel as Robert E. Lee and organizing a bunch of cowboys to go to Cuba?  Pat, are you a sexist or are you missing the point?

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:36:52 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:59:03 AM »
So, women are going to put cattiness ahead of ideology and policy? One of the women who called Rush yesterday and said she didn't like Palin couldn't even give a reason other than Sarah supposedly being too dramatic. Have they not noticed we already have the biggest drama queen in the White House? Michelle too.

Sigh.

It seems there are a lot of people who still don't get how precarious the country's future is right now. Florence King once wrote "nothing will make you a misogynist like being born a woman", and I guess for the ones calling into Rush and Mark Levin it's true. I've got news for all those women emailing Rush about how much they don't like Palin and Bachmann -- Palin and Bachmann are just about the only ones on the scene who have any balls, so if a "real man" is what they want to vote for then they better get with the program and forget all this Desperate Housewives nonsense. We have a Republic to salvage.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 06:28:10 AM »
Guess the media has done their job well.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »
 ::falldownshocked::

I hope the ladies here understand what I am about to say, I do not mean this as a broad condemnation of the fairer sex, but if many women are hung up on such childish notions, frustration leads me to question if such women should be allowed to vote!

As a disclaimer I could also lump in gays and metrosexuals who also seem to favor emotion-based voting vs employing critical thinking!

::unknowncomic::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 07:54:03 AM »
As a disclaimer I could also lump in gays and metrosexuals who also seem to favor emotion-based voting vs employing critical thinking!

Nice CYA. ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 08:06:48 AM »
Like this fruit!

Director of LGBT Public Relations
H/T - PatriotPost
http://patriotpost.us/alexander/2011/06/09/obama-proclaims-june-gender-confusion-month/

Nice tie, Nancy-boy!

::hysterical::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 08:33:53 AM »

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 09:26:26 AM »
Guess the media has done their job well.

I'd say so.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 09:44:57 AM »

I hope the ladies here understand what I am about to say, I do not mean this as a broad condemnation of the fairer sex, but if many women are hung up on such childish notions, frustration leads me to question if such women should be allowed to vote!

No offense taken here.  My daughter and I were discussing this last night. She said and I quote "Mom, a lot of women are like that! Always judging other women and dissing them because they're jealous. Then there's the other ones who secretly want a man to be their hero."

::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 10:40:31 AM »
Well, at least your daughter recognizes the problem and is not being caught up in it! 

Congrats!

::thumbsup::

My niece is also immune thank God, as is my sister, SIL & mother.  But my nephews wife...nope.  Comes from a family full of lefties, may not have ever had a chance...

4/5 ain't bad!

;)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 11:27:51 AM »

My niece is also immune thank God, as is my sister, SIL & mother.  But my nephews wife...nope.  Comes from a family full of lefties, may not have ever had a chance...

4/5 ain't bad!

;)

Not at all!
 :)

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 12:52:31 PM »
After 22yrs of marriage I thought I'd seen it all.
But after hearing it on Rush and talk to women I work with I believe it to be true.
Never thought a conservative  woman would .....???????????? ::slapfight:: ::bashing:: ::falldownshocked::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 02:21:42 PM »

This lady agrees (looks like LV gets it as well).  I myself have stated as such on this board; that I'd give up my vote just to get the touchy-feelies out of the polls too.

Nothing like asking somebody why they feeeel the way they do and be told, "I don't know; I just do".  Fer cryin' in a bucket!  If you don't know, then who the hell does?!

"Why don't you like Palin, Bachmann?"  "She's stupid." 

Really.  Ask them to define "stupid"; they can't.

I do believe a lot of it is jealousy, as one Rush caller said.  Women have been told for generations now that they "can have it all" and we know they can't, but .... when they see one that looks as though she does "have it all", the envy drives them nuts.

I've been the target of just such animosity.  Never was a "ten", but I had it elementally together enough in my younger days that there were women who, rather than be friends, would do what they could to make my life miserable.

What I don't know is if the women who hate Sarah deliberately vote for the marxist opposition purely out of spite.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 03:51:10 PM »
Quote from: Pandora
I do believe a lot of it is jealousy, as one Rush caller said.  Women have been told for generations now that they "can have it all" and we know they can't, but .... when they see one that looks as though she does "have it all", the envy drives them nuts.

I think this also motivates the phenomenon of women who are entranced with philandering figures like Bill Clinton, maybe not jealousy per se, but some sort of primitive envy. Why is it some of the most diehard defenders of womanizers are...women? I think there is some primitive explanation that goes something like "if all those women want to be with him, he apparently has something desirable and I want that for myself".

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »
After reading this thread, I had to ask my wife if she like Palin. She gave me an enthusiastic YES! I asked her if she liked Bachmann, but she was clueless and didn't know who she was. So I guess one for two isn't bad. ::doh::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 07:46:55 PM »
Perhaps one of the best analyses of this phenomenon was by the blogger Whiskey back in November.  I've probably linked it before:

The Election Results: Go Hunk, Avoid Women

In a fairly large pick-up, Republicans at the time of this writing are predicted to take 65 House seats. But as remarkable as voters switching to Republicans only two years after voting in Democrats, in many cases, has been the performance of Republican women. Much has been blamed on the Tea Party for pushing non-professional candidates. But one thing is certain from the poor performance of Christine O'Donnell, Linda McMahon, Sharon Angle, Meg Whitman, and Carly Fiorina. White women don't like Republican women much. To go beyond Congressional districts, and achieve state-wide and national victory, Republicans must understand how White women vote (Latino and Black women vote the way men of those ethnicities vote -- Democratic). For most White women, economic issues take (even now) backstage to status anxiety. And they have a large animus toward certain candidates. Handsome, family men like Marco Rubio or Scott Brown are the success models. Particularly Rubio, who has the advantage with White women of not being White. And yes, Joy Behar matters. Republicans to retake the White House, and Senate, and undo Obama's damage, and restart the economy, must at all costs, "go hunk." And avoid female candidates.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 09:48:38 PM »

Tea Party for pushing non-professional candidates. But one thing is certain from the poor performance of Christine O'Donnell, Linda McMahon, Sharon Angle, Meg Whitman, and Carly Fiorina.

Or maybe the problem is men in the Republican hierarchy don't support women candidates.  O'Donnell was directly humiliated by GOP and had GOP monies spent against her.  Linda McMahon got no support, Sharon Angle, again, was directly opposed by the big boys, Meg Whitman blew it by not getting in front of the Mexican maid lie; she let them frame her.
And she made poor choice of campaign mgt and staff.  Carly Fiorina, I don't know, well, she was skinnyer than Babs.  I'm not sure that when it gets to the voting booth that Republican women will go catty in any higher percentage that people sway because of natural attraction.

Many middle aged and elderly women still poll for Romney.  They look at the selection and frame their response from the perspective of "who would I like to go out to dinner with?".  It's much the same as in the last cycle the question to men, "which candidate would you prefer to have a beer with?"

The only man to be able to answer the question is the man who understands women.  ahhhh  ::facepalm::

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 10:10:35 PM »
In the comments, Whiskey quoted a poll showing an 11 point difference in support for Sarah Palin between Republican men and Republican women.  That is huge.

Despite my wholehearted support for Palin, I'm left wondering whether the 19th Amendment was a big mistake.  Maybe only married women should be allowed to vote.  Single women seem to be perfectly fine with allowing the government to protect and care for them, using tax money forcibly extracted from men.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 10:33:06 PM »

Tea Party for pushing non-professional candidates. But one thing is certain from the poor performance of Christine O'Donnell, Linda McMahon, Sharon Angle, Meg Whitman, and Carly Fiorina.

Or maybe the problem is men in the Republican hierarchy don't support women candidates.  O'Donnell was directly humiliated by GOP and had GOP monies spent against her.  Linda McMahon got no support, Sharon Angle, again, was directly opposed by the big boys, Meg Whitman blew it by not getting in front of the Mexican maid lie; she let them frame her.
And she made poor choice of campaign mgt and staff.  Carly Fiorina, I don't know, well, she was skinnyer than Babs.  I'm not sure that when it gets to the voting booth that Republican women will go catty in any higher percentage that people sway because of natural attraction.

Many middle aged and elderly women still poll for Romney.  They look at the selection and frame their response from the perspective of "who would I like to go out to dinner with?".  It's much the same as in the last cycle the question to men, "which candidate would you prefer to have a beer with?"

The only man to be able to answer the question is the man who understands women.  ahhhh  ::facepalm::

Ah, fer crissake.  These women are thinking with their t***s, not their heads.

God save us.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"