Author Topic: Conservative women not supporting conservative women  (Read 4049 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Conservative women not supporting conservative women
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 11:03:55 PM »

Many middle aged and elderly women still poll for Romney. 

As I've made mention before my mother is for Romney -- there's no talking her out of it -- my 20-something daughter has decided it's because he looks good in a suit!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 11:05:55 PM »

As I've made mention before my mother is for Romney -- there's no talking her out of it -- my 20-something daughter has decided it's because he looks good in a suit!

Yah, that's what they're saying; what they're thinking is "I bet he looks good nekkid".

Feh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 11:08:44 PM »
In the comments, Whiskey quoted a poll showing an 11 point difference in support for Sarah Palin between Republican men and Republican women.  That is huge.

Despite my wholehearted support for Palin, I'm left wondering whether the 19th Amendment was a big mistake.  Maybe only married women should be allowed to vote.   Single women seem to be perfectly fine with allowing the government to protect and care for them, using tax money forcibly extracted from men.

hahahaha

maybe only property owners should be allowed to vote
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »

Yah, that's what they're saying; what they're thinking is "I bet he looks good nekkid".

Feh.

ah, not my mother---and to be clear my 20-something daughter is a Palin/Bachmann supporter.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
In the comments, Whiskey quoted a poll showing an 11 point difference in support for Sarah Palin between Republican men and Republican women.  That is huge.

Despite my wholehearted support for Palin, I'm left wondering whether the 19th Amendment was a big mistake.  Maybe only married women should be allowed to vote.   Single women seem to be perfectly fine with allowing the government to protect and care for them, using tax money forcibly extracted from men.

hahahaha

I'd agree with that.  The universal franchise is destroying us.  The Founders knew that pure democracy was not a stable form of government, and now that's exactly what we have.  We simply cannot tolerate parasites having the ability to vote themselves largesse from productive citizens.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 11:22:31 PM »
People on welfare, food stamps, AFDC, or section 8 housing should not be allowed to vote.

The bottom line should be:  If you're eligible for government benefits, then you have to choose between receiving them or voting.

Likewise people on Social Security and Medicare who have received benefits greater than what they paid in during their working lives.  Once you're past that point, then you have to choose between receiving further benefits or voting.

The welfare state needs to go away, ASAP.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 12:01:48 AM »
If you're a government dependent you can't vote

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 12:03:12 AM »
As I see it, the situation is this:

1.  Women have an innate biological need to be taken care of.

2.  Men have an innate biological need to take care of women.

3.  1 and 2 lead to the nuclear family, which is the fundamental unit of civilization.

4.  The goal of Communism is to destroy the family and make everybody dependent on the State.

5.  The feminist movement was, purely and simply, Communism designed to appeal to women.  Nothing more and nothing less.

6.  The feminist movement taught women that they didn't need men to care for them.

7.  The feminist movement taught women that they had a right to have their needs met by the State.

8.  Someone has to pay for #7, and that would be single men, who are forced to subsidize the lifestyles of single women through their taxes, without any benefit to themselves.

9.  Single women have no problem whatsoever with #8, and continue to vote for politicians who promise to keep that system going.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 01:00:52 AM »
I have a (slight) quibble with your number 6: 
6.  The feminist movement taught women that they didn't need men to care for them.

I would say, 6.  The feminist movement taught women that men were disposable, dispensable and innately despicable.

As a result, they have few qualms about taking our money, our property, and our life-blood.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 09:56:23 AM »

hahahaha

I'd agree with that.  The universal franchise is destroying us.  The Founders knew that pure democracy was not a stable form of government, and now that's exactly what we have.  We simply cannot tolerate parasites having the ability to vote themselves largesse from productive citizens.

They also knew that women were emotional creatures that were prone to large mood swings even then. Women had a great deal of responsibility when it came to the domestic front as keeping the family healthy, clothes and house clean was more than enough to do rather than concern themselves with politics. It wasn't that they didn't like or love them, it's that they new logic would need to be the basis for voting as opposed to emotion if we were to keep the Republic constitutionally bound.

Property owners are always the targets of class warfare, always have the most to lose if a mob gets the voting franchise, therefore owners of property stand the most to lose via unfare taxes.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 12:20:40 PM »

Misplaced video deleted.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:25:40 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »
Feminism hasn't been good for men either.  I know too many men who are basically slackers because they don't have to step up and be men.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 07:34:08 PM »
Feminism hasn't been good for men either.  I know too many men who are basically slackers because they don't have to step up and be men.

Agreed.

There's the better part of an entire generation that basically treat females like crap.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »

Agreed.

There's the better part of an entire generation that basically treat females like crap.

I suspect it's because they've inculcated from the "feminists" within their scoping area, from a young age, the message that they are worthless and expendable.  Self defense.

People generally live up, or down, to expectations.

What woman in good conscience can expound this stuff around her young son/s and not expect it to affect his worldview?

"Men are scum".  "Yes, mommy".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2011, 09:19:05 PM »
::falldownshocked::

I hope the ladies here understand what I am about to say, I do not mean this as a broad condemnation of the fairer sex, but if many women are hung up on such childish notions, frustration leads me to question if such women should be allowed to vote!

As a disclaimer I could also lump in gays and metrosexuals who also seem to favor emotion-based voting vs employing critical thinking!

::unknowncomic::

So.... what you're saying is that women, gays and metrosexuals should be lumped together into the emotion-based/lack of critical thinking category?
 ::stirpot::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2011, 09:33:11 PM »

Feh.

ah, not my mother---and to be clear my 20-something daughter is a Palin/Bachmann supporter.

She can see herself going out to and elegant restaurant for dinner with him.  Her imagination wouldn't favor that with the others. 

Ask the elderly ladies who they would rather dine with.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 09:37:07 PM »
*sigh*  I was jesting.  Mostly.

They ARE those .........

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 10:24:34 PM »

Agreed.

I suspect it's because they've inculcated from the "feminists" within their scoping area, from a young age, the message that they are worthless and expendable.  Self defense.

People generally live up, or down, to expectations.

What woman in good conscience can expound this stuff around her young son/s and not expect it to affect his worldview?

"Men are scum".  "Yes, mommy".

For some I s'pose but I know men who while they have a job don't seem to buy into what my grandfather did and that's work more than one job to feed the family.  Their attitude is why should I? The wife can work too.  They got the school raising their kids so why does mom need to stay home?

I know one woman who after a couple years at home with the baby (this was 10 years ago) her husband told her she had to go back to work.  He didn't want to get a second job--he wasn't doing it all while she sat at home. Another fella cut back his hours when his wife got a part time job. A lot don't want to miss the economic windfall of having mom work. (I know in some cases both have to work--but it's the attitude of not considering another way that I'm talking about).

Human nature being what it is--if given the opportunity to do less, most do-- and push the burden to someone else.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, 12:19:18 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2011, 07:32:49 AM »
::falldownshocked::

I hope the ladies here understand what I am about to say, I do not mean this as a broad condemnation of the fairer sex, but if many women are hung up on such childish notions, frustration leads me to question if such women should be allowed to vote!

As a disclaimer I could also lump in gays and metrosexuals who also seem to favor emotion-based voting vs employing critical thinking!

::unknowncomic::

So.... what you're saying is that women, gays and metrosexuals should be lumped together into the emotion-based/lack of critical thinking category?
 ::stirpot::

Did I use too big a brush or not big enough?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.