Author Topic: Conservative women not supporting conservative women  (Read 3977 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Conservative women not supporting conservative women
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2011, 05:09:35 PM »
Feminism hasn't been good for men either.  I know too many men who are basically slackers because they don't have to step up and be men.

I guess I'm guilty of that.........sort of. When I met my wife, she was a single mother getting NO assistance. She never tried to get assistance. She was above it, bless her heart. My work takes me from home for long periods of time leaving her in charge of the household. She does an excellent job, I may add. When I do happen to come home, I'm usually behind on what's going on at the house, so I just stay out of her way. She does notify me and asks about larger decisions, but for the most part she rolls solo. And I love her. ::kissface::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »
Feminism hasn't been good for men either.  I know too many men who are basically slackers because they don't have to step up and be men.

I guess I'm guilty of that.........sort of. When I met my wife, she was a single mother getting NO assistance. She never tried to get assistance. She was above it, bless her heart. My work takes me from home for long periods of time leaving her in charge of the household. She does an excellent job, I may add. When I do happen to come home, I'm usually behind on what's going on at the house, so I just stay out of her way. She does notify me and asks about larger decisions, but for the most part she rolls solo. And I love her. ::kissface::

whatever works for y'all

the slacker men I know make life harder on their wives or women in their lives...
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2011, 05:43:13 PM »

Doesn't sound like slacking to me; sounds like y'all have worked things out just fine, as LV wrote.

You sound like a good man and a good husband.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2011, 05:48:23 PM »
  I resemble those remarks!! My wife is the boss and I'm afraid of her. Slackers as in they don't produce anything but strife in the household.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie