Author Topic: CME Leaving Chicago?  (Read 8228 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: CME Leaving Chicago?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »
BTW, welcome pumpkin. Your apology is appreciated. It can be an awkward thing to enter the room with ones back up based on misinterpretation of the conversation, so you get kudos for admitting your mistake.

We like feisty. We are feisty. Get a lay of the land here, and be feisty.

!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 01:41:54 PM »
First off, I am not a dude, dude.  I thought you were the source, so I apologize for wrongfully accusing you. I find this page slightly hard to follow and the trib article link above doesnt link to that quote.  My reaction however is not an overreaction to the statement, I think its quite fair (to whoever said it).   

As one of the wives of those CME people rolling in loot, I can guarantee we are not.  As I said earlier, whoever said that has no clue what the CME does.  They do not trade... I don’t know the exact figure but probably about over 75% of the organization is IT and leaving Chicago to reduce tax dollar expenditures to increase shareholder value doesn’t make them scumbags, it makes them sensible businessmen/women. 

PS, this goes without saying, but I have no clue how to use this site... I have tried to post this post several times to no avail... hopefully you will only see this once.  :)

Sorry.....Dudette.

Don't start,she just got here let's cut her some slack. We should get to know her and her us before we  all jump to conclusions.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »
First off, I am not a dude, dude.  I thought you were the source, so I apologize for wrongfully accusing you. I find this page slightly hard to follow and the trib article link above doesnt link to that quote.  My reaction however is not an overreaction to the statement, I think its quite fair (to whoever said it).   

As one of the wives of those CME people rolling in loot, I can guarantee we are not.  As I said earlier, whoever said that has no clue what the CME does.  They do not trade... I don’t know the exact figure but probably about over 75% of the organization is IT and leaving Chicago to reduce tax dollar expenditures to increase shareholder value doesn’t make them scumbags, it makes them sensible businessmen/women. 

PS, this goes without saying, but I have no clue how to use this site... I have tried to post this post several times to no avail... hopefully you will only see this once.  :)

Sorry.....Dudette.

Don't start,she just got here let's cut her some slack. We should get to know her and her us before we  all jump to conclusions.

Really?  The same might be said about her, which I consider to be more pertinent.  No one here sought her out at her place in order to call her an idiot on the first visit.

Feisty is good.  Ignorant aggression is not.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »

Sorry.....Dudette.

Really?  The same might be said about her, which I consider to be more pertinent.  No one here sought her out at her place in order to call her an idiot on the first visit.

Feisty is good.  Ignorant aggression is not.

I didn't say she was exempt from her share of this. But she did admit to her error. Do you think for one second that I would allow anybody to call my friends names unanswered if I thought it was done maliciously?

At this point she doesn't know us and she misread the post so I'm not for a fight just yet. We all know eachother she doesn't.If she stays long enough she might even like us.I think it was more a defense of her husband than anything else.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 02:08:55 PM »
No sale.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline pumpkinil80

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 02:19:50 PM »
Ha, I googled CME leaving chicago and came across this thread... and was shocked by the quote and misread the source... simple mistake. 

I didnt realize I had entered a personal discussion or a secret order of some sort.  This is the first time I have ever posted anything on a forum or board.

To my defense, I hardly think I am ignorant, especially on the subject I was speaking about, just misunderstood the context.   ::slapfight::

This is kind of silly.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 02:29:35 PM »
Ha, I googled CME leaving chicago and came across this thread... and was shocked by the quote and misread the source... simple mistake. 

I didnt realize I had entered a personal discussion or a secret order of some sort.  This is the first time I have ever posted anything on a forum or board.

To my defense, I hardly think I am ignorant, especially on the subject I was speaking about, just misunderstood the context.   ::slapfight::

This is kind of silly.

OK lets get some things off the table,this is no secret order of any kind,There is no personal discussion it's all out in the open. What you're ignorant of is that there some(very few)rules about a new member coming in and learning the lay of the land and who the people are before we start calling people names as a rule we don't like it anymore than you would like it if one of us showed up and did it to you before we got to know you.

What you will find is that once you do get to know us and we you we like our members to be fair to each other and were quick to defend each other as we would be quick to defend you one you've established yourself here.

You goofed OK lets move on and see how it works and go from there.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 02:31:46 PM »

Sorry.....Dudette.

Dang John...I thought dudette was a clever comeback..... I bet she isn't upset at it. Bet she is cool. Maybe she can give us some insider trading ideas...LOL

And In retrospect, anyone in the business her family is in probably does feel alittle on edge.....It's all cool.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 02:35:53 PM »

This is kind of silly.

Right about now, Pumpkin, if we knew you better you'd be fed an old saturday Nite live line...... ::hysterical:: Everyone is cool here.

BTW, I feel funny calling you "Pumpkin"...LOL

Offline pumpkinil80

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 02:42:55 PM »
My name is Anna...

This whole conversation has gotten way too serious for me.  I was joking about the secret order comment and think the purple slappy guys are funny. 

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 02:56:57 PM »
Anna,

You better hope that you can move to Texas because you will be a whole lot better off. :)
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 03:07:19 PM »
My name is Anna...

This whole conversation has gotten way too serious for me.  I was joking about the secret order comment and think the purple slappy guys are funny. 

You will find, as you hang around a while, there are several personalities here and some good commentary, along with the usual pulling out our hair over the economy, debt, jobs, rinos, etc.....

Anna...nice.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 03:12:05 PM »
My name is Anna...

This whole conversation has gotten way too serious for me.  I was joking about the secret order comment and think the purple slappy guys are funny.  

Hi Anna, and welcome.

There are nuances to having a conversation that are lost when writing short posts. It is way too easy to misinterpret meanings. Then add the fact that many of us know each other's writing style and automatically add in the missing bits.

Stick around and add your voice to the discussion...just beware that insults go both ways.  :supercool:

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 05:52:29 PM »
I think we ought to take Pumpkin's apology at face value.

It seems poor form to enter the room without knowing the people in it, and call someone an idiot right off the bat, even if it was misdirected. She did, after all, believe she was speaking to someone here before her error was pointed out. But to someone unaccustomed to the "culture" of web forums such as ours - particularly one as small and familiar as ours - perhaps we should give some grace, particularly in light of what seems to me to be a genuine apology after the fact.

As MnHawk pointed out, we don't often get new thoughtful members. Lately it's been penis-spam. I'd like to welcome Anna to the forum, and encourage her to chime in at her discretion.

::grouphug::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 06:22:51 PM »
I think we ought to take Pumpkin's apology at face value.

It seems poor form to enter the room without knowing the people in it, and call someone an idiot right off the bat, even if it was misdirected. She did, after all, believe she was speaking to someone here before her error was pointed out. But to someone unaccustomed to the "culture" of web forums such as ours - particularly one as small and familiar as ours - perhaps we should give some grace, particularly in light of what seems to me to be a genuine apology after the fact.

As MnHawk pointed out, we don't often get new thoughtful members. Lately it's been penis-spam. I'd like to welcome Anna to the forum, and encourage her to chime in at her discretion.

::grouphug::

I'm in  ::kissface::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline pumpkinil80

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 06:33:05 PM »
Ahh shucks... thanks! 

I am really not such a terrible person and I do like a good debate :)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 06:33:54 PM »
Lately it's been penis-spam.

Don't forget the smoke detector spam.

I sort of doubt that Anna will stick around, since she was responding to this particular topic.  I hope she does, though.  She mentioned that she is married to a CME employee, and I always like it when I encounter people on blogs and forums who have personal knowledge, experience and expertise on a given topic, rather than just spouting off opinions (which we're all guilty of at one time or another).

ETA:  Hi, pumpkin!  You posted your latest comment while I was writing mine.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2011, 06:45:40 AM »
At least here we got rid of the ad's...those Muzzie dating ones were annoying as hell!

Welcome Pumpkin!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.