Author Topic: George Floyd Trial  (Read 3249 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
George Floyd Trial
« on: March 01, 2021, 05:40:50 PM »

Powerline is likely the best source for news on the trial. Scott Johnson will be viewing it and reporting.

BTW the MN AG grabbed the prosecution away from the county and brought in 4 high powered private attys as well, pro bono.
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/03/derek-chauvin-trial-preview.php

POSTED ON MARCH 1, 2021 BY SCOTT JOHNSON IN LAW, MEDIA, MINNESOTA, POLICING
DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL PREVIEW
Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin is charged with the murder of George Floyd last year on May 25. Floyd’s death set off ten days or ten months that shook the world. These notes are intended as a preview of the trial. Beginning with jury selection, the trial begins one week from today in Hennepin County District Court before Judge Peter Cahill. John Hinderaker offered a good overview in “A city prepares for a trial.”
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: George Floyd Trial
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 05:44:59 PM »
This is a good series of articles on the GF incident.
https://spectator.org/derek-chauvin-trial-minneapolis/?utm_source=LibertyNation
Derek Chauvin’s Trial: Countdown to a Kangaroo Court
The idea of an “impartial jury” is laughable.

George Parry by GEORGE PARRY

The answer is simple. As I have attempted to explain in several previous articles in The American Spectator (“Who Killed George Floyd?,” “The George Floyd Fall Guys,” and “Minnesota v. Derek Chauvin et al.: The Prosecution’s Dirty Little Secret”), in sharp and devastating contrast to its widely broadcast and selectively edited version, the full and complete arrest video and the findings at autopsy combine to make a compelling defense case that the police did not kill Floyd.

As depicted in the unedited video, Floyd repeatedly shouted that he couldn’t breathe well before he was on the ground with Chauvin’s knee on the side of his neck. This occurred because, as found at autopsy, Floyd’s lungs were filled with fluid brought on by a lethal dose of fentanyl, which depresses respiration and is known to cause pulmonary edema.
Despite vigorous opposition by the prosecution, the court has granted the defense motion that Chauvin’s trial be televised. In other words, the defense wants the world to see all the evidence, and the prosecution doesn’t. Why? Because once you get past the heavily edited and misleading video evidence and review all of the relevant proof, it becomes clear that the police did not cause Floyd’s death.

More importantly, despite its legal obligation to timely provide the defense with exculpatory evidence, the prosecution delayed production of a devastating FBI 302 report (linked to here) of a July 8, 2020, interview of Hennepin County Medical Examiner Andrew Baker regarding Floyd’s autopsy. The prosecution didn’t cough up this 302 until October 28, 2020, at which time the defense learned that, in the 302, Dr. Baker “defined the mechanism of death as Floyd’s heart and lungs stopping due to the combined effects of his health problems as well as the exertion and restraint involved in Floyd’s interaction with police prior to being on the ground” (emphasis added).

Here are some other quotations from the Baker 302:

Baker could not provide an answer if “but for” the actions of the officers would Floyd have lived. Baker could not predict what would have occurred. Baker did not know if Floyd would have lived but for the officer’s [sic] actions.
Baker did believe that because of Floyd’s heart disease and intoxicants, the stress from the events that occurred with Minneapolis police officers was more than Floyd could tolerate.
Floyd’s heart was larger than it should be. There was no evidence that Floyd’s airway was literally blocked shut. When viewing the body camera footage, the pressure did not appear to be directly over Floyd’s airway. Floyd would have been unable to speak if pressure was directly over his airway.
Officer Chauvin’s positioning on Floyd’s body does not fit anatomically with occluding Floyd’s airway.
The absence of petechiae weighs against strangulation. Petechiae occurs [sic] due to vascular occlusion that causes blood vessels to rupture.
The struggle between officers and Floyd weighed into Baker’s opinion because physical exertion increases heart rate, releases adrenaline, and increases respiratory rate as well as cardiac demand. All off these things increased the likelihood of a bad outcome.
Fentanyl may cause pulmonary edema in some individuals. Evidence of pulmonary edema was found during Floyd’s autopsy. This evidence was that Floyd’s lungs were heavy compared to normal lungs. Additionally, Floyd’s lungs were were diffusely edematous. Baker defined edematous as “full of fluid.”
There’s more, but you get the idea. No wonder the prosecution was reluctant to produce Dr. Baker’s 302. One is left to wonder at the size of the laundry bill for the prosecutors’ underpants after it landed in their inbox.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 06:29:13 AM »
Attributing Floyd's death to the officer's actions is like attributing COVID19 as the cause of death to a stage 4 cancer patient. Floyd's lungs were full of fluid because of the drugs he had taken, the combination of which causes one's lungs to expand & fill with fluid; making it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to breath.

Videos of Floyd show him saying "I can't breathe." well before the officer had him on the ground.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 08:07:39 AM »
"BTW the MN AG grabbed the prosecution away from the county"

BS!  The Satanic Cultist Ellison wanted it, Gov NoBalz said he will lead the prosecution...the county being run by fellow un-American filth dutifully acceeded the point.  And Ellison promptly elevated the charges.

There are too many if's in this sh!tshow...but I stand by my original prognostication that they were elevated knowing they could not reach that high and that that failure would be thrown at their favorite target - whites - and an excuse for another round of riots rapes arson beatings murders and looting...

IF courts were not corrupt with Marxists...

IF politicians and bureaucrats refrained from butting in...

IF the MarxistMedia refrained from stoking racial jealousy and hate...and cater to those that thrive on it...

IF witnesses testified honestly...

IF...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 02:56:23 PM »
I honestly believe that Ellison X’s entire motive has been to ensure that after a summer of violence based on a video lie, Chauvin will be acquitted of murder, sending the entire country into convulsions of civil unrest. Ellison X overcharged intentionally, knowing that the evidence cannot possibly result in a murder conviction.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 04:19:02 PM »
Or, Ellison is just a pompous windbag idiot!
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 04:19:37 PM »
I honestly believe that Ellison X’s entire motive has been to ensure that after a summer of violence based on a video lie, Chauvin will be acquitted of murder, sending the entire country into convulsions of civil unrest. Ellison X overcharged intentionally, knowing that the evidence cannot possibly result in a murder conviction.

If that's the kickoff to the rock 'n roll, then so be it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 04:38:10 PM »

No, IDP, Pan & I know our scumbags...and this scumbag has a vile malicious heart...in his diseased brain he cannot lose...either a white cop goes to the slammer making it easier to send more white cops to follow suit...or its planet of the apes...he truly sees both as "good".

Evil is as evil does...

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 05:37:30 PM »

No, IDP, Pan & I know our scumbags...and this scumbag has a vile malicious heart...in his diseased brain he cannot lose...either a white cop goes to the slammer making it easier to send more white cops to follow suit...or its planet of the apes...he truly sees both as "good".

Evil is as evil does...

Then maybe someone needs to kneel on his windpipe till he stops squirming. 
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 05:38:35 PM »

Evil is as evil does...

Somebody will ...... eventually.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 07:54:12 AM »

Evil is as evil does...

Somebody will ...... eventually.

His kind like to hide behind others...has no problem with sacrificing his own kind to save his sorry ass...so consider "area" coverage...

H/T-WRSA

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 12:06:06 PM »
Genocide Now crowd fired up in Murderapolis...

https://twitter.com/zerosum24/status/1368945767705100293

...we'll see how that kill-whitey crap flies...especially now that the public's tolerance of BurnLootMurder clowns continues to crater...and no eeeeeeeevil Trump in power to pin the blame on...though genocidal maniacs will try...

::effu::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 11:27:35 AM »
BurnLootMurder Murderapolis Autonomous Zone...

Their motto appears to be "Unite in Love" and then shoot the mutha!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/03/shooting-near-george-floyd-autonomous-zone-minneapolis-leaves-one-person-dead-days-officer-chauvin-trial/

Yeah so sad too bad...this and other whole sections to be burned to the ground following the expected trial outcome as planned, so...

Meh, it's an appeasing Marxist problem...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2021, 08:32:33 AM »
Look at this...this is how fellow corrupt ass-clowns do business...

Judge Peter Cahill on Thursday granted prosecutors’ motion to reinstate the third-degree murder charge, which would require a lower standard of proof than second-degree. In order to convict Chauvin of second-degree murder, prosecutors would need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin caused Floyd’s death while committing or attempting to commit a related felony, in this case third-degree assault.

To win a conviction on third-degree murder, prosecutors would need to prove that Chauvin caused Floyd’s death in an act that is “eminently dangerous” to others. The additional count adds another option for jurors to consider as they weigh charges against Chauvin, which legal experts say is a benefit for prosecutors.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2021/03/11/minnesota-judge-reinstates-third-degree-murder-charge-against-officer-chauvin-as-activists-set-up-autonomous-zone-around-george-floyd-memorial/

So, do it quietly...keep Keith "Kill Whitey!" Ellison's name out of it so he can continue to lie to and manipulate the BLMer's and sundry morons...keeping the hate-fueled theme alive to be stoked and poked whenever the need arises...

And I am guessing needs are about to pile up on each other...without distractions this filth cannot thrive...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2021, 06:01:24 PM »

I do not think they were at all close with George. Correct me if I am wrong.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/03/minneapolis-city-council-sticks-it-to-chauvin.php

Today, the city of Minneapolis announced a $27 million settlement with the family of George Floyd. The family had sued the city for the alleged wrongful death of Floyd.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2021, 04:08:34 AM »
Looks to me like they stuck it to the morons that call themselves Minneapolis residents.  That's about $65 for every man, woman, and child in the city.  Now account for the fact that a large chunk of Minneapolis is on welfare, and don't contribute, that just multiplies that sum for the ones doing the contributing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2021, 12:01:32 PM »
Yup, dipsh!t tax on Murderapolis residents dumb enough to be willingly abused by corrupt government and deadbeat and often violent and destructive neighbors.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2021, 04:48:08 PM »

The settlement included $500K for the GF autonomous zone. From memory.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2021, 12:44:02 PM »
Loser Watch -

https://www.weaselzippers.us/466880-protesting-teacher-chains-herself-to-courthouse-fence-outside-george-floyd-trial/

Car battery + jumper cables = necessary medical care of the mentally deranged...

::unknowncomic::

Meanwhile in FakeNews World...the NY Slimes is busy trying to get leverage on jurors...

https://www.weaselzippers.us/466905-ny-times-now-actively-trying-to-dox-george-floyd-jurors/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/us/chauvin-trial-jurors.html

Why report news when stirring up sh!t is their wheelhouse...

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 01:07:22 PM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2021, 01:07:35 PM »