Author Topic: US has been through a vaccine rollout like this before  (Read 854 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
US has been through a vaccine rollout like this before
« on: June 03, 2021, 11:27:31 AM »
United States government agencies including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have a history of exaggerating the seriousness of viral pandemics such as the Swine Flu ‘Pandemic’ of 1976.

“Remember the swine flu scare of 1976? That was the year the U.S government told us all that swine flu could turn out to be  a killer that could spread across the nation. And Washington decided that every man, woman and child in the nation should get a shot to prevent a nationwide outbreak, a pandemic. Well, 46 million of us obediently took the shot, and now 4000 Americans are claiming damages from Uncle Sam amounting to $3.5 billion, because of what happened when they took that shot. By far the greatest number of the claims, two-thirds of them are for neurological damage or even death, allegedly triggered by the flu shot.” ~Mike Wallace, 60 Minutes

H/T https://kaching.tumblr.com/page/3
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online paulh

• Established Member
Re: US has been through a vaccine rollout like this before
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 12:10:00 PM »
Didn't get that one either, or polio cube

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 12:57:23 PM »
I was a relative ute...but I will have to check my records...I got 'em back to a toddler...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 01:05:46 PM »
Small Pox was it until Parris Island and then before Vietnam. Don't know what the hell they shot me up with and I do mean shot

Offline Lady Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 02:04:48 PM »
I don't even remember the swine flu of '76. My dad worked for a medical school at the time. Sort of surprised we didn't get the vaxx.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 04:26:03 PM »
Only thing I got in '76 was Mantoux, yay, no TB...had PPD (same thing) and a host of other (non-flu) jabs in military later...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 05:35:15 PM »
I don't remember a panic similar to the current one either -- over ANY of the previous "scares".  TPTB needed the psychological fear to begin imposing their Great Reset, imo.

I can remember my Nana being fearful of me playing with another little girl who had polio who lived in the neighborhood.  Whether that was before or after I'd had the "sugar cube", I can't recall.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 08:09:08 AM »
Is polio the one they freaked out about at swimming pools?  I remember hearing chatter about that back as a youngling...but do not think I ever encountered anybody who was a carrier...more passed-down paranoia and typical kid teasing of other kids they feel like picking on...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 01:33:27 PM »
Is polio the one they freaked out about at swimming pools?  I remember hearing chatter about that back as a youngling...but do not think I ever encountered anybody who was a carrier...more passed-down paranoia and typical kid teasing of other kids they feel like picking on...

Yes.  Don't remember if they shut the pools access or not.

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 01:45:55 PM »
 ::gaah:: We didn't get a pool until after the riots in 66 and then no whitey would dare go there.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2021, 01:53:02 PM »
There were incidents at a local park growing up too that only had one of those little kiddy pools that were maybe 18" deep in the middle...between little kids having "accidents" and bigger kids screwing off (riding mud-caked bike through it...hey it was a bike wash! or older kids drinking and ahh...you know...) it got shut down a lot...  People did not freak out about bugs then...colds, flu...all ran through the school...you either got it or not...mostly I believe I got it from a family member, where they got it from who knows...  We touched everything, didn't swim in hand cleaner, coughed and sneezed in our hands...  Most guys did the Iowa-hanky outside...

Morons today would die from panic attacks by the score!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2021, 02:14:50 PM »
::gaah:: We didn't get a pool until after the riots in 66 and then no whitey would dare go there.

Pffft.  I never lived in a place that had pool access and still don't.  Libertas' childhood tales notwithstanding, people today are pigs.  And I'm not just talking about those who are not 'from here'.

Offline Lady Virginia

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2021, 05:35:51 PM »
my husband's grandmother told me once about making everyone in the family take a nap everyday to ward off polio  and they didn't go to pools either

I read recently an article that suggested that the hype around polio was similar to covid in that most people fought it off successfully....I hadn't ever seen that before and thought it was interesting...