Author Topic: The staffing crisis has arrived  (Read 639 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
The staffing crisis has arrived
« on: April 25, 2021, 03:33:58 PM »
They're closing down dining rooms in my neck of the woods, Iowa, again.  Wuhan?  Nope.  Staffing.  Apparently people are figuring out they can collect more in "emergency" unemployment benefits than they can working and it's starting to effect services.  of our two Dairy Queens, one is totally shut down and the other is drive through only.  Culvers can't guarantee the dining room open so much of the time is drive through only.  Panda Express, ditto, and those are just the ones I know of.

Anyone else seeing this?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The staffing crisis has arrived
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 04:34:41 PM »
We haven't been to a restaurant since last May (wear the face diaper in but take it off at table   ::saywhat:: ), but, in speaking to a man at Lowes Home Improvement, he said they're always short-staffed now (and, boy, are they ever) because of the "free" money allowing people to not work.  He, on the other hand, has two jobs.

::bashing::   ::gaah::   foottapping
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 09:17:39 PM »
This was predictable, and the GOP is complicit. I’d love to blame it all on the Dems, but the GOP was in on the genesis of this disincentive, President Trump signed it, and now it’s the status quo.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 09:13:36 AM »
Agreed, you do even a small deal (you think!) with the Devil...the Devil will exploit it in every way possible.  Always happens.  How many times, how many years...decades...have we seen feckless cucks betray us in "little things" because they didn't have the votes (more like didn't [or ever] have the courage) to fight it?  Same damn thing...

The Masters think they have the plan and can survive "the reset"...

The best lessons are driven home with pain...our only interest should be in making their pain the worst.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 09:20:27 AM »
What is the welfare status now? Unemployment still extra long? I thought that was long gone.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 09:45:45 AM »
Forget official numbers...gamed as they always are...and nobody is reporting on the bills Pelosi and Schumer are slamming through and the addle-brained JoeFraud puppet signs...who knows how many vile bastard amendments are being rubber-stamped and deemed "law"...not to mention to complicit states in this madness...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 11:31:14 AM »
I'm pretty sure the extra unemployment was extended as part of the last "stimulus."  That's why no one wants to work.

Offline Lady Virginia

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 10:05:41 AM »
I'm pretty sure the extra unemployment was extended as part of the last "stimulus."  That's why no one wants to work.

Well not everyone is a loser.

My good friend lost her full time job and she went to work as a manager at a fast food place because she's got 3 kids and needs the benefits.