Author Topic: The Once and Future Perry Campaign  (Read 5759 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The Once and Future Perry Campaign
« on: June 10, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »
Perhaps he will run or maybe not. Looking more like he might, though.

Two separate and reliable sources in Texas tell me serious preparations are being made for Governor Rick Perry, 61, to seek the Republican nomination for president.

Dave Carney and Rob Johnson — the former top Perry aides who on Thursday left Newt Gingrich’s floundering campaign — are said to be heading to Texas soon to join in on preparations for the run. I am told this is now “ninety percent likely to occur.” Additionally, Perry allies have begun holding meetings in the state and have been instructed to quietly reach out to contacts in early primary states.

LINK

Okay, so Perry would become my candidate of choice over Cain almost immediately. I think Cain would make a good veep pick for whoever gets the nomination.

A great turn of events, really. Gingrich implodes and Perry immediately inherits his staff. Can't beat that with a stick.

This is going to be a really good primary season.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

Re: The Once and Future Perry Campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 11:05:23 PM »

an he's subtle too

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 11:19:08 PM »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:56:10 AM »

an he's subtle too

This may sound a little picky, but it is a pet peeve of mine when ANY politican claims they created a job. It needs to read "more private sector jobs have been created in Texas". Politicans do not create jobs. Politicans can only inhibit job creation by over regulation, taxation, etc. I wish we had a politican with this mindset instead of how they create jobs.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 10:16:12 AM »
...This may sound a little picky, but it is a pet peeve of mine when ANY politican claims they created a job. It needs to read "more private sector jobs have been created in Texas". Politicans do not create jobs. Politicans can only inhibit job creation by over regulation, taxation, etc. I wish we had a politican with this mindset instead of how they create jobs.

I agree in principle with what you're saying. I'd quibble only slightly, in that political influence over job creation is not only inhibitive. Government can also adopt policy that helps the private sector flourish - usually by standing aside, but not always. But that is a small quibble that leaves your point fully intact: government helps the private sector most when it does nothing.

I guess I would say too that I get why a politician would highlight a positive job-growth tenure in office with the simplified version, claiming at least partial credit for job-growth policies. As a business owner, you understand there is much more to the story. I think though, if we had a President who suddenly undid everything Obama and the Democrats have done to destroy economic growth, we may be inclined to forgive that person for taking some political credit.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 10:24:21 AM »
Perry/Cain.........

Perry............ insert name
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »

[blockquote]
I think though, if we had a President who suddenly undid everything Obama and the Democrats have done to destroy economic growth, we may be inclined to forgive that person for taking some political credit.
[/blockquote]

And as we are witnessing leadership drive job destruction, leadership can greatly influence the direction of legislation and bureaucratic perspective toward business and drive for a constructive economy. 
This influence radiates as confidence and assurance of dependable constancy which inspires production.  Confidence in a stable and predictable future nurtures a climate where people and business thrives.  If leadership does not support this, winning is a hard pull.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 11:03:27 AM »
Øbozo has set the bar so low a comatose person could do a better job (you should have seen what I wrote first!)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 11:18:30 AM »
Øbozo has set the bar so low a comatose person could do a better job (you should have seen what I wrote first!)

Tell that to be blind left.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 11:47:39 AM »

::hysterical::
 ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::

The left have picked their leader.  It's the mushy middle that's the worry.  Have they had enough or have they succumbed?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 11:47:52 AM »

Anymore the only things I have to share with the left begin with a "." and have numbers after them...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »

Texas Gov. Rick Perry Rips Obama For Turning “Abortion Into A U.S. Export”…

LINK

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a potential 2012 presidential candidate, accused the Obama administration on Sunday of transforming abortion into a U.S. export and breaking faith with the nation’s founding principles by supporting taxpayer-funded embryonic stem cell research.

The conservative Republican has long been at odds with President Barack Obama’s stand on reproductive rights and stem cell research, but his remarks at an anti-abortion rally amounted to a political introduction to a mostly Hispanic crowd of about 5,000 at a downtown arena.

Perry was greeted warmly by the crowd, and left to a standing ovation.

HT: Weasel Zippers

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 11:02:07 PM »

Preaching to the world.

A day of prayer and fasting at the Reliant Stadium
from various articles:

Last Monday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry proclaimed Saturday, Aug. 6, "a Day of Prayer and Fasting for our Nation to seek God's guidance and wisdom in addressing the challenges that face our communities, states and nation."  the event ... nondenominational, apolitical and Christian. ... seeking "forgiveness, healing and blessing ..." and extended invitation to the other 49 governors to join...
~~~~~~~

"Right now, America is in crisis: we have been besieged by financial debt, terrorism, and a multitude of natural disasters. As a nation, we must come together and call upon Jesus to guide us through unprecedented struggles, and thank Him for the blessings of freedom we so richly enjoy."_ _ _Governor Rick Perry
~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We simply want to humbly ask our creator to intervene on behalf of our people and nation, and ask for His blessing and healing power to transform our lives," Perry said in the letter.
~~~~~~~~~~

So far, though, not every governor is listening to the criticism. Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback plans to attend the August event, and three governors – Rick Scott in Florida, Nikki Haley in South Carolina and Christine Gregoire in Washington – will declare Aug. 6 a day of prayer in their states, ...
~~~~~~~~

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/06/07/115365/perry-invited-us-governors-to.html#ixzz1P7wwNMva

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/7606355.html#ixzz1P7vzOCwg

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/06/perry-invites-governors-to-prayer-meeting/#ixzz1P7xONLuT

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/07/perrys-planned-prayer-event-draws-condemnation/#ixzz1P7yTViH6

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »

Gov. Perry Declares August 6th a Day of Prayer

Proclamation

In 1775, the Continental Congress asked the colonies to join in prayer, seeking wisdom as they faced the responsibility and opportunity of building a new nation. As leaders of that young nation assembled in 1787 to craft a Constitution, Benjamin Franklin implored the framers to pray for guidance, famously declaring, "The longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth: that God governs in the affairs of men." Decades later, during a time of national turmoil, President John Adams declared "a day of solemn humiliation, fasting and prayer," asking citizens of all faiths to pray for America's protection from danger. Later, as civil war tore our young country apart, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a day of national fasting and prayer, saying "It behooves us ... to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins, and to pray to the God that made us." During World War II, with our troops locked in battle on the beaches of France, President Franklin D. Roosevelt led the nation in prayer, "As we rise to each new day, and again when each day is spent, let words of prayer be on our lips, invoking Thy help to our efforts."

Given the trials that have beset our country and world - from the global economic downturn to natural disasters, the lingering danger of terrorism and wars that endanger our troops in Iraq, Afghanistan and theaters of conflict around the globe, and the decline of our culture in the context of the demise of families - it seems imperative that the people of our nation should once again join together for a solemn day of prayer and fasting on behalf of our troubled nation.

In times of trouble, even those who have been granted power by the people must turn to God in humility for wisdom, mercy and direction. In the spirit of the Book of Joel, Chapter 2, Verses 15-16, I urge a solemn gathering of prayer and fasting. As those verses admonish: "15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast, call a sacred assembly... 16 Gather the people, consecrate the assembly..." As Jesus prayed publicly for the benefit of others in John 11:41-42, so should we express our faith in this way.

THEREFORE, I invite my fellow Texans to join me on August 6 at Reliant Stadium in Houston, as we pray for unity and righteousness - for this great state, this great nation and all mankind. I urge Americans of faith to pray on that day for the healing of our country, the rebuilding of our communities and the restoration of enduring values as our guiding force.

THEREFORE, I, Rick Perry, Governor of Texas, do hereby proclaim August 6, 2011, to be

A Day of Prayer and Fasting for Our Nation

in Texas, and urge the appropriate recognition whereof.

In official recognition whereof, I hereby affix my signature this the 23rd day of May, 2011.

RICK PERRY
Governor of Texas

http://theresponseusa.com/

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 11:22:10 PM »
I'm thinking this is just what we need
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 11:30:30 PM »
I'm thinking this is just what we need

Can you see that debate?? He should really clean his clock.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:13:01 AM by John Florida »
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 11:35:16 PM »

She?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 12:33:23 AM »
Anyone know if Perry will make the debate tomorrow night? Or is that for declared candidates only?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 07:35:16 AM »
Bachmann is going so it is not restricted to declared only.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.